Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When does the fizzling stop?

az
@az
11 years ago
6 posts

Hey all I am at 8 and a half months, ...I dont know if its because i see my dreads differently to what others see.. but when i look i can see the frizzs on my dreads.. when i look in a mirror or a reflection.. its the first thing i notice without even looking at the dreads.. maybe im paranoid.. but when does the fizz which people say will eventually 'Find its way in' how long we talking a year or 2? I wash once a week and after every wash i apply tropical tigtning lock gel from knotty boy (its not wax just some washable aloe vera product) but yeah When i see other people pictures there dreads look so smooth and neat.. im not after the waxed NEAT look i but i am after a semi neat look just want the fizz to dread in the hair .. like i said maybe im just paranoid.. does anybody else thing there dreads are frizzing but actually when some else looks they say its looks fine.. Hope to hear from you guys :) I have a picture in my profile I dont know how to make it my profile pic though.. the flash on the camera makes parts of them look blenched blonde but there not there all brown.

oh and another big question.. how bad is it for your hair to pull them apart weekly to stop conjoining?
Recently I have been doing it alot more just every couple or days or weekly, and i seem to big getting alot of loose hair from it..I dont really know what to do... crochet back in.. but then its just going to happen again.. or just keep splitting them and eventually when there really long hairs safely crochet them in? (because its pointloss crocheting short hair in) opinions pleaseee

updated by @az: 01/13/15 09:57:21PM
az
@az
11 years ago
6 posts

heres my dreads!

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

Well if you used the crothet hook, your dreads will need to recover, it causes a ton of damage. It can take at least six months to recover. Crotheting your dreads only make them look less frizzing and crazy at first but if you stop they will become even more frizzing then if you had just let them be this is because the broken hairs from the hook loosen, so either way you will have to deal with loose, frizzing hair. Its all apart o the process. Anyways, my dreads are only 4 months old and i have a ton of frizz. I was very self-consious about it like you are now it sounds, but all those hairs will get sucked in eventually, just gotta give it time. You cant rush it. Also, people say you never really stop having loose hair because your hair just keeps growing,and as new hair grows in it has to be a certain length to be sucked into or create a new dread but it will become less noticable and more "dread looking."

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

p.s just looked at ur pic. They do no appear frizzy to me, so i do think you might see them differently than others. JUst remeber your hair needs to room and movement to properly dread. Crocheting is harmful to this progress. Embrace messy hair. Embrace your natural self.

Peace brother.. hope i could help

az
@az
11 years ago
6 posts

How about ripping them apart to prevent the roots joining, is this badd? I do it often .. seems like its causing alot of loose hairs.. but i dont know what else to do?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

never ever use a crochet hook period

if u even thought of using it you probly used it in the past and thats why you got so much frozz from all the broken hairs

throw thed hook in the trash

it will take 6 months to a year to recover after your laast use of the hook

stop using the gel

thats not helping its hurting

ppl are farther away then you are so yes they see lees to no frizz you only see it when you look too close

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u crochetted the hell out of those they will take a very long time to recover

dreads should not look like rhat..stiff perfectly round no charachter

throw away the hook right away

to me it looks like 2 year s to recover from what u did

u got to ru]\ip em apart

it will cause loose hairs at the scalp...that belong there

when they get long enough they will form a new dread...all on thier own no hooks needed

u never needed to uswe any hooks any gels nothing..just leave em alone

washing and seperating are the only things you should ever do to dreads

--
az
@az
11 years ago
6 posts

hey man I dont crochette them, Iv only had them crochetted 3 times all over about 3 times that was 1 after 1 month, then at the 3rd month and then at the 6month.. but thats it.. I dont crochette them regularly or in general... only the 3 times..

Hey soaring angel i respect you but I dont think you should be saying "dreads should not look like rhat..stiff perfectly round no charachter"

my dreads are not perfectly round and stiff at all.. the picture just makes them look like that i will post another tomorrow, but anyways peoples dreads are all different nobody should tell anybody how there dreads should look like.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well how long ago was the last time

it takes 6 months to recover from 1 use 3 crochet sessions could take a year or so to recover from

--
HippieHybrid
@hippiehybrid
11 years ago
7 posts
I am sure it depends on your hair so I bet there's no real time period. Im only a few months in so I'm still frizzy. It's so hard not to want to control them, especially if you've been raised in a conformist smooth-straight-hair-is-ideal environment (I was!)I keep hearing about acquiring patience for them. They'll mature and a smooth out eventually :) Don't worry
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form