dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Medicinal Cannabis

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Hello there,

as some of you may already know, I suffer from fibromyalgia and I'm a slow metabolizer. What does this mean, you may say. This means I'm constantly suffering in all my body with many different kind of pains, but always pretty unbearable. And this also means my body is unable to metabolize many molecules, like ISRS antidepressant, most of analgesic pills, opiates, and other stuff. So I'm suffering, and no medication can work to help with relieving my pain. And of course, as an herbalist, I've tried many herbs and plants, but nothing can really help with this level and variation of pain. I don't do drugs (obviously, since I'm in the "dreadies who don't do drugs" group) and I don't even drink alcohol. But I'll admit I'm now smoking cannabis to relieve the pain. I never get stone, cause I hate that, but the small amount I smoke is like a miracle to me. The only thing in this world that's working for me. I still feel the pain, but it's much more bearable and I can at least sleep a bit with it. (It's even relieving me from my nightmares!).

I live in Qubec, Canada. Cannabis is illegal, but if you are lucky enough to have a cool doctor, you can obtain a pass to take it legally. For the time being, I'm smoking it illegally, but I hope to be able to do it openly soon. I didn't talk about it with my doc yet, but I'm planning to the next time I see him, at the end of the month. If he's not open-minded about it, I'll keep smoking it anyway, because when it's not sunny and the temperature is below 20 Celsius (sorry, don't know how it is in F), my body hurt like hell. I even lost almost all my right arm capacities yesterday and the only thing that could help was cannabis.

So well, I've been blabering quite a bit here, but the thing is I would really like to know if some of you are taking medicinal cannabis (legally or illegally) and would be at ease to share their experience. And even if you live in another country, I would really like to know about people that can take it legally. Like how did it go when you asked your doctor for it and stuff.

Thanks all. Love.

updated by @la-renarde: 01/13/15 09:56:43PM
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Thanks for your reply Heidi. I certainly have compassion for you too. I studied Qi Gong and Chinese energetic with a traditional Chinese medecine practitioner, so I've already been instructed a bit about how food is our first healing friend. My master (and acupuncturist) prescribed me a diet based on my energetic issues, wich I try to follow as much as I can (like when I'm able to move or don't get stuck in bed all day long) and is helping alot. But I didn't know about the GAPS diet. I read a bit about it, but I wonder about some things. First, I'm a vegetarian of conviction, so no meat no fish. I do eat eggs, yogurt, kefir, a bit of cheese and butter though. Second, I can't have to much dairies, because I have lactose intolerence. Third, I suffer from irritable bowel syndrom and I totally can't eat raw fruits and vegetables. With this said, do you think I could adapt the diet to my personnal situation and it could work anyway?

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Thanks alot, I'll read about it and if this seems good, I'll try it.

Joseph Gaiche
@joseph-gaiche
11 years ago
28 posts
It works for a lot. Our founding father's used it and lot of people are starting to learn why it should be used!
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts
Hi there. I'm sorry for your pain, I can relate. I too have fibromyalgia along with Lupus, rhemetoid arthritis, neuropathy and back problems. Honestly I don't know what I'd do workout my pain pills. I was a cocktail waitress for 19 years and just stopped working last November. I got to the point I couldn't deal anymore even with the drugs, I had many days I couldn't even get out of bed. I lost my health insurance for a few months and tried smoking marijuana. It gave me little relief, but did help to get minimal sleep. I was hurting so badly that I'd vomit from the pain. If it helps you I say do it and just keep it quiet. My issue is that my doctors drug test monthly because of the heavy duty drugs I'm on. I wish you the best of luck!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form