Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question .

Jambi.
@jambi
11 years ago
43 posts

Ive noticed that alot of them that ended up sectioning together are coming lose after a wash. Is this normal? should i just leave it be and leave them alone regardless if they come loose?

updated by @jambi: 01/13/15 09:56:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup early on they may do that especialy they are just finding thier way

but how are u washing (technique) and with what/

use the right method and products and it will progreess even tho it has steps forwards and back alot early on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jambi.
@jambi
11 years ago
43 posts

Well ive been trying to wash every 3 days with baking soda and acv. But as you know i have hard water and its a pain with BS + ACV. So i tried to boil my water for about 30 minutes to see if there would be anything at the bottom of the pan and i didnt see anything. but i did see a film at the top of the water.... is there a way to know if the water is good to use after i boil it?

And i just scrub my scalp around the sections and flat palm around some places. and then rinse.

Jambi.
@jambi
11 years ago
43 posts

Ill be buying the soaps from your shops as soon as i get paid. do you reccomend bar soaps or the liquid? cant decide which would be better with my water type.

And is the himilayan sea salt spray on the shops worth buying aswell? does it work or do you know? i was thinking on buying it but wanted to take it up with you before i do buy it.

Jambi.
@jambi
11 years ago
43 posts

Where are you SE? i need your great advice once again haha

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

Hey, there. I'm not sure how far along you are, but I can vouch for sea salt spray, but I made my own. There's probably a correct measurement. (Someone always writes after me to correct me.) But I just bought a cheap spray bottle and mixed in sea salt with warm water until... honestly, just until it tasted like the ocean water. I sprayed that all over my hair (trying to stay off the scalp.) and then washed my hair a few hours later or even the next morning. During my first few months, that really seemed to help lock my hair up faster. I'm at 10 months now, and I'm having a lot of new growth hair come up about an inch or 2. I started with tnr, and though I've heard most people advise to leave these pieces alone, if they make a large enough clump, I've started tnr-ing them. Some of them have already made short little dreads, and some join into the bigger dreads. I just monitor them to make sure nothing is congoing too far from it's root. I don't know if this helps at all in your situation, but good luck! Oh, and I am using a bar soap from the website here - patchouli. It's a little awkward at first, and I think I might go to a liquid soap next just because it's easier to apply, and I keep getting water in the tray that holds the bar soap, so it starts getting goopy or drying out.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form