Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP MY ^ YEAR OLD HAS LICE

Kelsie Pate
@kelsie-pate
11 years ago
2 posts

My 6 year old has headlice. I've already treatedmy hair with rubbing alcohol and a bag twice in three days. My question is how likely it that i actually had them? I very rarely wash my hair I know lice can't really live in dirty hair. So are my chances less than that of someone whose hair isn't dreaded? Also I have bangs that aren't dreaded and I checked that area because I figured that's where they would most likely reside and the only place I can check by myself. I didn't find anything. Any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated. :)

updated by @kelsie-pate: 01/13/15 09:56:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wash youir hair dreads love..and need to be washed

the lioce would be at the back of the neck and around the ears 1st youd know if u had em but since u dont wash the itch must be unbearable anyway

wash with teatree and its not likely u will get them

lice can livit preffer it cleaner however many homeless that never shower will get lice

if u wash and use tetree regularly u probly wont get em

but if shes got em u gotta be extra careful not only to wash your dreadw but wash every bit of clothes carpets furniture and avoid direct contact (they dont jump got to climb head to head or head to chair to head etc)

but please wsh your drweadw 1-3 times a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelsie Pate
@kelsie-pate
11 years ago
2 posts

Well I'm going to continue washing my hair the way I like. They never smell and they actually never really itch and when they do itch I wash them. Which happens tome once every month or two. But thanks for the advice :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

School age children can bring lice home from school. Here is a good way to help prevent it. Mix about 20 drops of tea tree oil with water in a small spray bottle. Every day before your child goes to school, mist the hair. Lice don't like the smell of the TT and will stay away. My grandchildren have never brought home lice again since I passed this tip to them......

Make sure to wash all the bedding and stuffies in his room......good luck....peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form