Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need advice on combing out dreads!

April Godwin
@april-godwin
14 years ago
6 posts
I have 2.5 month old dreads. I recently colored them, and well basically...they all fell apart! All my hard work and patience ruined. I made the decision to not continue dreading, as I feel it may have just not been the right time for me. I will try again next year.

I would however like anyone's advice they have to give about getting rid of the 8 dreads i have left. Any home remedies? Or amazing products you've heard of?

I've just been conditioning and leaving leave-in conditioner on the knots during the day and while I sleep. I know I must have patience for this also, which I have plenty of. Just thought I would see what you guys have to say!

updated by @april-godwin: 01/13/15 08:30:38PM
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
well i would do just what your doing cause i did just that to remove my backcombed dreads now im going natural also when you comb them out make sure to do it in the shower it will make it so much easier and less painful.
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
you could always leave in reagular conditioner and then maybe lay in the bath tub and brush them out. sounds like ur doin it the easiest way as it is. but i agree with the other guy that in the water would probably be the easiest way. good luck and better luck next time.
ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
14 years ago
29 posts
my friend and i got really wasted and she poured a WHOLE BOTTLE of conditioner into my dreads, let it sit, and began to comb them all out and they were gone within the hour. :(that was the worst mistake of my life. but her method seemed to work with very little pain involved (even though the tears streaming down my cheeks would have made you think otherwise)I'm sorry this had to happen to your dreadies, they were cute little nattys.there is always more time. ^_^
Buffalo Rogers
@buffalo-rogers
14 years ago
46 posts
ooh coloring :( Was it one that was specifically for dreads? I've heard a lot of hair coloring chems make your dreads brittle and cause them to fall apart like that...So sorry for your loss, better luck next time hopefully!
April Godwin
@april-godwin
14 years ago
6 posts
Update for you guys who tried to help me out!Most of them combed out within the first day or so, but 3 big ass knots remained. Oh man they were crazy knots! So for 2 weeks I tried to "pick" them out with a metal rat tail comb. It was semi-successful, I got 2 out of 3 broken up real well. One knot kept getting worse so I performed emergency surgery on it :( Thankfully I have lots of hair so the section of 1 inch long hair you don't even notice! Thanks guys for the help! I'll try again next year!!!
April Godwin
@april-godwin
14 years ago
6 posts
nope it wasn't specifically for dreads :( didn't even know that existed! oh well! I will know better next time! Buffalo Rogers said:
ooh coloring :( Was it one that was specifically for dreads? I've heard a lot of hair coloring chems make your dreads brittle and cause them to fall apart like that...

So sorry for your loss, better luck next time hopefully!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form