Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BS/ACV amounts

☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
11 years ago
25 posts

I've forgotten, how much BS should I be using? My first no-touch wash i used 1 cup bs / 5 cups water. Too much baking soda/too strong?

updated by @jimmy: 02/14/15 02:26:47AM
☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
11 years ago
25 posts

No one?

Well, looking around the site, it seems like I should be using 1 cup BS/1 gallon water . . . is that right? My shortest hair is down to my jaw, appearing a few inches longer in the back (as is natural), and I have tons of it. I imagine I should be using a strongish wash. Because I am disabled and showering is difficult, I have been showering only once or twice a week, three at the most, because it is quite a job for me just to shower using a shower chair.

Hopefully my Medicare will kick in in a few months and I can get one of those walk-in baths; I think that would help a lot.

Anyway, back to the question.

☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
11 years ago
25 posts

just to add, my showering schedule (2-3 times a week before starting dreads on August 1) has been that way for over six months, and my scalp is considerably less oily that it used to be.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1 cup to 10 cups

u used twice as much a s u shiuld

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
11 years ago
25 posts

Ah. so I should be able to get by with 1/2 cup bs to 5 cups water? then 1 to 10 as it gets longer? or do i need a gallon jug/pitcher?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ucan use just 1 or 2 cups water as long as u maintain the 1-10 ratio

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
11 years ago
25 posts

thanks SE. i'll probably just do 1/2 to 5 then. i know i'll need more later on. i used to hate my hair because i have so damn much of it, but the longer it has grown, the more i realized how awesome my hair actually is.

going the organic, freeform, neglect method . . . i know i feel more connected with it as it locks up.

i'll have earned my locs legitimately, and that feels good, even three days in and no knots. some good sectioning and tangling already happening though

~j

☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
11 years ago
25 posts

thanks, Barrellady. Last attempt at this I put it into a 32 oz spray bottle for ease of use. I think I used 1 or 1.5 tbsp sea salt . . . does that sound right for the sea salt spray?

you all are awesome :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

3 1/2 tablespoon to 5 cups water.... 5 cups = 40 ounces...so for a 32 oz spray bottle, just use 3 tablespoons of sea salt....peace (the ratio is also on the link I gave you.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form