Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair literally won't grow!

Adrian Ozymandias
@adrian-ozymandias
11 years ago
8 posts

I am convinced that I was born with a curse. There are many gypsies in my family so to would make sense. Anyway, my hair won't grow. I mean it literally won't grow. I Have been growing my hair for about 7 years now, and I started dreadlocks 2 and a half year ago. Go ahead and guess how long it is.

Nope you guessed wrong, my hair is 21cm (8.2 inches)! It does not help that my dreadlocks are damaged and weakened by all kinds of products I have been tricked into buying. My mother, brother, sister,father,grandfather,grandmother, uncles, ants, and just about everybody in my family has thick fast growing hair. They often complaint about how often they need to cut their hair.

My question is this: Can anybody give me advice on what I could do to make my hair grow? Please, please, please help.

updated by @adrian-ozymandias: 01/13/15 09:56:03PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Greetings to Norway....I am not sure if you have this for sale there but here you go. There is a product called Biotin which promotes hair growth. It is found in the vitamin section of drug stores and department stores. You take 6000mcg daily and in 3 months you should notice the growth happening. They come in tablet form. If you cant find the 6000mcg strength, just add up tablets to equal it. My mother is Finnish and has very thin slow growing hair, she started taking it about 5 months ago and wow what a difference!

Here is can be found for under $10, very cheap. If you don't see it in the vitamin section, ask the pharmacist, they can always order it in for you.......peace

Adrian Ozymandias
@adrian-ozymandias
11 years ago
8 posts

Thank you! I will most certainly put in an effort to find it. Does anyone have other advice on what i ca do in addition to this? I've heard a bunch about oils and stuff, does it help? If yes, what kinds of oils, and does it harm dreads?

the Barrellady said:

Greetings to Norway....I am not sure if you have this for sale there but here you go. There is a product called Biotin which promotes hair growth. It is found in the vitamin section of drug stores and department stores. You take 6000mcg daily and in 3 months you should notice the growth happening. They come in tablet form. If you cant find the 6000mcg strength, just add up tablets to equal it. My mother is Finnish and has very thin slow growing hair, she started taking it about 5 months ago and wow what a difference!

Here is can be found for under $10, very cheap. If you don't see it in the vitamin section, ask the pharmacist, they can always order it in for you.......peace

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

My hair was to my lower back when i started dreads. My hair shrank for the 1st 2 years. At the beginning of year 2 my hair was even shorter than it was at year one. I noticed growth about the 2.5 year mark. I started taking 10,000 mcg of biotin every day at about that time. My dreads are finally long. Took 5 whole years.

Other ways to quicker hair growth. Eat lots of shrimp. Massage your scalp (get blood flowing which encourages growth. A friend of mine lays on the bed with his head hanging off the side. He says that holding his head upside down for 15 or 20 minutes a day is the reason for his beautiful hair.

But don't worry. It is normal for dreads to shrink for 1 to 2 years. When they are finished shrinking, you will start to notice length.

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
Some of your stalled progress could be that they are shrinking still. You can research biotin rich foods. I felt like once I stopped doing so much to my hair, it grew faster than ever. Try to leave it alone and use minimal products.
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Have lots of water daily and have protein rich food... eggs, poultry whatever.. it does promote hair growth. try massaging your scalp with essential oils like rosemary, lavender, ylang ylang etc... always mix these oils with base oils or water before using them..

Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

I watched this video by Lucy and she really goes in to detail about all things hair growth, not so much dreads but the concept is the same. Its a long one so grab a snack and go potty first

idk is it cool to post links like this? Oh well I hope she can help better than I can.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form