Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cute little formal updo

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

There's a lot of pics here that I took to show it from different angles. My curly tips make it kinda funky. I saw something similar to this from another dreadie here, can't remember who, a while back. This is what I wound up with. Tell me what you think. Directions are below the pics.

Ok, so I took two locks, one from either side of my temples and tied them behind my head. Then I took two locks, directly under my ears and tied it back the same way. After that it was only one more step to take care of the bottom: I grabbed two locks which were about an inch and a half below the two I previous grabbed below my ears, and draping those down on the side of my neck to keep them separate, I just put together all the rest of the length of my hair into a pony tail shape at the base of my neck and then flipped it upward. I took the two locks that were hanging down separately on my neck and then tied them around the flipped up hair. So the lower part of my hair is basically sitting in a 'basket' kind of thing. The only thing holding it up off my neck is that one tie I did. The upper two have nothing to do with it.

I think I'm going to work with some pipe cleaners next and see if I can get it more stable. If I do manage to get it to work then i'll post pics here.

But I think the results are kinda awesome, what do you think?

My hair is now about two inches past my shoulders and this is the first time I really tried doing anything formal. Up until now it's been crammed into a scrunchie or a rough bun for going out. This looks more classy to me.

I've only got one bead in my hair, as you can see. It was coincidentally on the bottom lock I was using to tie it all up into the basket.

updated by @angel-frye: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Angel that is lovely. I just tried to do it and it didn't work. My length is too heavy for it to hold and I have just too much hair now. I wish I had known about this a few years back. I really like it.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Thanks. And yeah, I don't think I'm going to be able to do this for but about a year or so. I'm trying to come up with some more variations for that reason.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form