Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bs and acv wash

Joseph Gaiche
@joseph-gaiche
11 years ago
28 posts
Do you have to do an acv wash with a bs wash? Or can you just do a bs wash?
updated by @joseph-gaiche: 01/13/15 09:56:01PM
Drea Starwillow
@drea-starwillow
11 years ago
4 posts

I just do a baking soda rinse. If you have naturally oily hair you might not want to use the acv, as I find that it makes my hair too soft and oily. If your hair is naturally very dry, it might be a good idea to use it. BS rinse will dry out your hair. When I wash mine I like to add 1/4 - 1/3 cup baking soda, a pinch of sea salt, and then mix it together in a 2L pitcher of water. I find the salt helps to lock them up :) Hope this helps!

Joseph Gaiche
@joseph-gaiche
11 years ago
28 posts
Been coin them all seperate! But thanks!
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

It really depends on your natural scalp and hair oiliness. Unless you have a very oily hair or scalp, follow up with the ACV rinse. This balances back the hair and scalps PH balance as it changes from the baking soda wash. ACV is also a healthy dread conditioner that keeps the hair soft. I did not always use it and ended up slowly frying out my hair over time from just using the baking soda. It took months to repair it. Now I make sure to use ACV each time I do the baking soda wash..

Please follow the proper ratio: 1/2 cup BS to 5 cups water, leave on for minimum 10 minutes to exfoliate the scalp....rinse out.....1-2 capfuls of ACV to 5 cups water...pour over head and rinse out right away or within one minute. Any longer will over condition.....

Peace

Joey5
@joey5
11 years ago
83 posts
I skipped acv and know my hair is discolored and brittle. on recovery road. Do use acv even if for only a quick rinse as it will cancel the alkalinity of the BS and protect your hair. I did get a cool blonde color everyone likes though, jaja
Moon Raven
@moon-raven
11 years ago
32 posts

I have only been doing an acv rinse once a week, my hair is soft & straight & thick, with good results after using the BS or sea salt rinse.

Zachary Tyler
@zachary-tyler
11 years ago
36 posts
I haven't started dreading yet but do use a bs wash. Since I still comb I notice a residue on my brush. Is it from not rinsing well enough? Or maybe the bs not mixing well? I'd like to get this resolved so when I do throw away by brush it will be ready. --- And I have stopped doing the acv rinse cause my hair gets oily faster if I do. But I'm still experimenting with it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form