Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing my dreads

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Ok so ive been washing my hair for 2 weeks now with bs and acv. ts al going well untill i rinse my hair. All my coils and 'sections' i guess you can call it ( because they arnt sectioning from the roots yet) turn flat on my head and disapear.And also i dont feel like my hair isnt. becoming dry enough to dread :( any sugestions abot my problems?
updated by @kubilay-kapucu: 01/13/15 09:55:43PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Hi bro, i dont know how long your hair is ... well but if it is only as long as it is in your profile picture, you will have to wait a little longer. moreover, you are just 2 weeks in. give your hair a little more time. hardly anything happens in just 2 weeks. in the dreading process, initially in ur journey, its very possible that whatever sections have formed may disappear the next morning after u wake up... or after u wash your hair. its very normal n there is nothing to worry about.

just wash n go... stop lookin at your hair for some time. stop bothering :) as for the dryness, u may try skipping one acv rinse maybe... do 1 wash only with baking soda? see how it goes? that sure wil dry your hair in my opinion.. good luck :)

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
MY hair is a bit longer then the pic ive been letting it grow :) Thanks alot ive needed someone to tell me that :D I did try that yesterday but there is no differance. Help!

Ojas Acharya said:

Hi bro, i dont know how long your hair is ... well but if it is only as long as it is in your profile picture, you will have to wait a little longer. moreover, you are just 2 weeks in. give your hair a little more time. hardly anything happens in just 2 weeks. in the dreading process, initially in ur journey, its very possible that whatever sections have formed may disappear the next morning after u wake up... or after u wash your hair. its very normal n there is nothing to worry about.

just wash n go... stop lookin at your hair for some time. stop bothering :) as for the dryness, u may try skipping one acv rinse maybe... do 1 wash only with baking soda? see how it goes? that sure wil dry your hair in my opinion.. good luck :)

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Hair needs to be about 6 inches long for dreads to start forming. I believe your hair needs to grow longer before you are gonna see a difference. My hair has to be about 10 inches before it starts to knot up.

Joseph Gaiche
@joseph-gaiche
11 years ago
28 posts
My sections did that and still do. but they dry and reform. Water just makes em straight.
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
I still have a few inches to 6 Inches. Do u think I should stop dreading and start when I have enough length?

taye said:

Hair needs to be about 6 inches long for dreads to start forming. I believe your hair needs to grow longer before you are gonna see a difference. My hair has to be about 10 inches before it starts to knot up.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

What is involved with neglect? Nothing other than not combing, using non residue shampoo and keeping your fingers out of your hair. Continue doing that. Just don't expect any big results until your hair is longer.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form