dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hey everyone

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

well I never really introduced myself, so here goes:

My name is Nicole, born and raised in california (bay area)- now living in upstate new york (rochester area.) My religion is love, my temple is the outdoors. I am very friendly- I love to make people happy, sometimes this can be a bad thing as some like to take advantage of the fact. But overall, I'm accepting of that aspect of myself..I am a cancer so I am very intuitive and can be highly emotional. I truly am a moon child, but am in love with the energy the sun gives me. I just want to live freely and naturally, which is a big reason for my obsession with dreadlocks- in particular natural/neglect dreads. I am constantly looking online for people of all ethnicities and ages who have chosen this method. This began about 2 years ago, when a friend of mine got a set of backcombed dreads, I loved them so I did my own research and discovered anyone can have dreads, without doing anything at all! Just letting go. "I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go" ~Pi Patel (Life of Pi) My goal in life is todetachfrom the material ways of American culture and transcend the norms that have been instilled in me from the moment I was born into this world. I hope to one day live in the woods somewhere in a fullyequippedself-sustainable house. I want this for myself, and if I one day have kids I would like to raise them that way, in nature with no pre-conceived ideas about who they should or should not be. Kinda veered off there, but anyhow after researching I simply stopped combing (may 2012) and in about 4 months I had 15 dreadlocks mostly in the back.In september I moved to New York as a senior in high school, this was extremely challenging for me having only lived in one place my whole life with the same friend group. I felt very insecure of myself waling down the new hallways, after 2 days I combed out all of my dreads with the excuse of "I want my hair to be longer before I start" but now I look back and it was because I did not want to be judged by my hair at this new school.. Now that I've graduated I think I'm ready to begin my journey again. I regretted combing them out and learned a lot even in the short 4 months I had them. My hair is very curly and knots quite nicely so I am very excited to see what happens... I'm at about 5 weeks or so now. here's a pic i just took today

I'm washing with dr.bronner's until my dreadlocks bar come in because I have hard well water where I live.

Sorry for being so lengthly, I just feel as though I could go on and on haha. Anyways I feel like all you folks are sympathetic and non-judging for the most part so... that said if you have any advice or just wanna talk I'm happy to correspond about anything at all! :) Thanks for reading. love and light to you~

updated by @nicole-schaefer: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Well welcome. You sound like to are going to live a very happy and relaxed life. Good for you. As for your dreads, wow, with your type of hair you will have dreads before you know. Congrats for taking the neglect method, curly hair is best that way, so natural for it. We won't judge you here, we will inspire you and your journey. Enjoy every step of it....peace moon child, peace

Logan Spike
@logan-spike
11 years ago
7 posts

welcome! I'm also a newbie!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

welcome

you sound alot like me

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

I love Cancers, they are such sensitive people! Always caring and so creative :) Welcome dear. Love.

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

thank you

Are you a cancer SE? or just a nature/natural guy

soaring eagle said:

welcome

you sound alot like me

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

Thank you La Renarde <3 yes I am a natural care giver for humans/animals/plants You name it lol!

La Renarde said:

I love Cancers, they are such sensitive people! Always caring and so creative :) Welcome dear. Love.

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

That is what I'm striving for- to me growing dreadlocks is kinda like a step in that direction. Helping my mind and spirit grow. :) I'm curious, does curly hair shrink just as much as straight hair?

I am looking forward to the progress and all of the encouragement from this wonderful website <3

the Barrellady said:

Well welcome. You sound like to are going to live a very happy and relaxed life. Good for you. As for your dreads, wow, with your type of hair you will have dreads before you know. Congrats for taking the neglect method, curly hair is best that way, so natural for it. We won't judge you here, we will inspire you and your journey. Enjoy every step of it....peace moon child, peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form