Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scootering with new dreads down

SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts
Bad, good, ugly? The Mrs. let hers down on our last scooter ride and we're wondering if it's going to do more harm than good. It does knot it up, that's for sure. We only go about 45 mph max and are within our first week of neglect.
updated by @simplespiveys: 01/13/15 09:55:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

good but wear a helmet yes the hemlmet affects the progress

but not as much as death does

and severe brain damage might not effect the progres but will effect your enjoyment off the process

so wear a helmet but leave em to fly free in the wind

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts
Thankyou, We wore our hair down on it tonight. Our helmets have a chinstrap that's hard to get used to so we haven't been wearing them. It was falling off and being distracting but they are very important. Once we have dreads, we will have a hard time fitting in them but I'll cross that bridge when i get there.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

get used to the chinstrap trust me it will be easier to get used to a chin strap then it will be to get used to only being able to drool gurgle and make unnhmmgh ugnngh urrf noises to try to communicate

at 45 miles an hour your skulls no more protection then an egg shell

u crash..it cracks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

You must wear the chin strap and have a correctly fitting helmet. If you dont, wear the chin strap even good fitting helmets can come off if you crash. If its not well fitting then it wont do its job and youll still possibly get just as much damage as not wearing one atall.

Ive been on my motorcycle for 2 years now. My hair isnt long enough yet to go out the back of the helmet and fly around in the wind but if yours is then thats a bonus. I doubt youll be on your scooters riding for more than an hour so thats 1 hour a day where theyre not free to knot up. I started off with about 5 inches of hair and its very fine and very straight and Im still making progress wearing a helmet.

Make sure you always always wear a good helmet with a chin strap. This is what will save your life if you do have an accident. Even if wearing a helmet set me back 3 years Id still wear one.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Wearing a properly-fitting helmet will stop the hair in the helmet from moving around and knotting up, obviously, but any hair outside the helmet will knot up very well indeed, should be good progress. Wind is good for dreading. Regarding safety, I can only agree with what the others have said, though. Something as simple as a seatbelt or a helmet can save you from death or horrible injuries. Unless you're wearing a helmet most of the day, most of the time, it won't significantly delay any progress, so no worries on that :) but yeah, the wind most definitely helps hair dread, a good idea.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form