Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

She has just not dreaded her fringe. The rest of her head is dreaded except for the hair directly around her face. It is a common thing for girls to do.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

As Taye said, looks like her head's dreaded but not her fringe. But how are you thinking of starting your dreads? Please know that dreads don't all look the same, so if you want dreads exactly like this girl, it won't be that way, they'll look different because they'll be yours :)

Kody A. Busboom
@kody-a-busboom
11 years ago
3 posts

You have about the same hair as me in color and curliness and it has taken me about 5 months to get to the tightening phase and losing half my length. I found it quite accelerated except for the sides and I have seen people take only a couple months of natural neglect to get dreads it just depends.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Kelsey. To grow you own healthy dreadlocks takes time and with longer hair, it takes longer due to the amount of shrinkage that happens. Now you have curly hair, and I'll tell you, with your type the best way to to is the neglect method, Your curls will get tighter and tighter, forming a beautiful dreadlock. If you do the twist and rip method, like many on here have, you will loose the curls that would naturally keep their form. There is a method for instant dreads, which is done by a crochet hook, but that causes lots of damage tot he hair as it breaks it in pieces all over, then those broken pieces stick out and need to be done again t tuck them in, a never ending cycle. With neglect or T&R, you hair stays in long beautiful strands, so if ever you wanted to remove the dreadlocks one day, it could be done with time and patience and your long hair would be intact. I myself did T&R on my long straight hair, but on curly I would have gone neglect for sure....peace Use the navigation bar at the top left and key in the words "curly timeline" to see how other members curly hair neglect methods look.....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

those look natural maybe 6-8 months old the bangs were either left undreded on purpose or they typicaly dread slowest

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup all natural last 1 maybe twist n rip but more likely natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus