Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

~~I Fell Victim to Dreadheadhq~~

Matt Simone
@matt-simone
11 years ago
4 posts

I was an idiot and used the backcombing and palm rolling methods, whichpermanently damaged my hair.

After my first post on this forum, Barrellady along with soaringeagle both strongly advised that I undo the backcombing (using conditioner) and use the neglect/free-form method. After undoing every single knot, my hair was one big frizzball of damaged hair. I then continued to brush the knots out and then lastly applied curly-hair conditioner to at least save the damage that has been done.I thank you both for this support.

Now that the knots are all out, I plan on starting the "Natural" method! As you can see, my hair looks short, but it's curly, so at it's longest it's about 6-7 inches. Wish me luck! Peace & love to all.

updated by @matt-simone: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Victim To Dreadheadhq? DREADLOCKSSITE To The Rescue..... LOL... cheers bro. enjoy the natural dreads journey. :)

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

That's a shame, but great that you found the site in time to start over again without undoing so much progress. Keep us updated on your journey :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome your hair will dread so easilt im not sure how you prevented it from dreading already

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Well, no luck needed, look at that curly hair. Before you know it, you will have dreads forming all over your head, happy healthy dreads. They won't be sticking up, won't be damaged, just awesome wicked dreadlocks. Good for you, enjoy your maintenance free journey (except for separating the sections). ...peace

Matt Simone
@matt-simone
11 years ago
4 posts

Thank you very much for the support, as I begin this journey.. I'm glad I've found the best dread website on the internet, and some great mentors! :)

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

Isn't Barrellady awesome? Good luck on your journey!

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

That would make an AWESOME shirt!!

Ojas Acharya said:

Victim To Dreadheadhq? DREADLOCKSSITE To The Rescue..... LOL... cheers bro. enjoy the natural dreads journey. :)

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
10 years ago
100 posts

Good luck brother! Stick to the neglect method! its the easiest, and certainly the most rewarding.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form