Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sea Salt Bar for dreads?

Sergeant Pepper
@sergeant-pepper
11 years ago
2 posts

So I was at World Market and I found a sea salt bar of soap with salt from the Dead Sea. It's not for dreads specifically, but I am really interested if it would be useful as a dread soap, and it's sold as a "One With Nature" product. There's no Laurel Sulfates, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew offhand if any of these ingredients are counter-productive.

Ingredients, in order:

Sodium Palmate (Saponified palm oil) Sodium Palm Kernelate (saponified palm kernel oil) Water (Aqua) Maris Sal (Dead Sea Salt), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Glycerin (vegetable glycerin), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argania Spinosa (Argan Oil), Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

Thanks guys

updated by @sergeant-pepper: 01/13/15 09:54:51PM
Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

Looks fine, as far as I know the salt will dry your hair which helps it lock faster but then it has some oils and shea butter so it wont over dry your hair so I say go ahead and try it on your hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

weird its got 2 types of salts and 2 types of conditioners to counteract the salts

the lockin up liquids got sea salt too to help it dread but no conditioners

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

There are two shampoo experts on this site who can tell you exactly if that is good, I highly recommend you ask them. Go to the members tab up top and click that, now the white tab that says shampoo ingredients expert, click that, scroll down and you will see Heather & Mechell. Send them both a comment with the ingredients posted and they will tell you exactly how that particular bar will be for dreads.....peace

Oh yeah, let them know if you have African American hair texture or Caucasian

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Forgot to mention, Heather does not come on here everyday, but be patient, she will replay back...peace

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

It kind depends on a few factors if this soap would be okay to use. Do you have soft water? True soaps have a hard time rising out in hard water. Do you live in a dry or humid area? Glycerin is great for people in a moist/humid environment because the glycerin will draw the moisture from the air and into your hair. If you live in a dry environment like i do than the glycerin will actually draw the moisture out of your hair and cause it to become dry and brittle over time.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form