Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mats of Dog Hair

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

This is what my dreads are looking like. I had mentioned in previous posts that my bottom layer of hair is completely dreaded, also, now instead of the roots dreading first, my tips are. The thing is, the dreaded parts are really nasty looking. Imagine a long-haired dog that has not had a bath and all of its coat has dangling balls of mats and knots. It just looks and feels really nasty. I thought maybe it was because my hair is shorter and that it looks like that when shrinking. But I haven't seen this so I don't know. These clumps are exactly like matted dog hair, hard, round-ish and a little squiggly, and the hair feels scratchy.

updated by @jackie-turner: 01/13/15 09:54:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

good then its dreading right

almost nobody dreads root 1st

its normal to dread exactly like yours are

lets ee pictures to be sure though

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

I will upload some first thing in the morning, thanks eagle!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

k cool looked at old pics and they look awesome but u say i=u crochet sometimes thats why they feel so rough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Sounds like mine. I used to have completely undreaded hair and at the bottom there'd be a ball of matted hair lol my mum actually said the same thing you said, it looks like a matted dog coat. But they don't stay that way, it's just that the ends are easy to tangle up and dread. When the rest of the section starts to dread, it doesn't look like a ball of matted hair anymore, so no worries :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I have those on some of my tips. I started with very long hair, so my journey is not finished yet, I'm at almost 16 months. Not to worry, when your hair matures fully, you won't have any beaver tails, balls of hair, it will have all crept up and thickened and matured. You are not alone my friend. The hair does what it wants when it comes to dreading. It will all work out in the end.....peace

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

thanks guys!

I still need to upload some progress pictures soon:)

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I like the look of wispy tips...but mine dreaded the same as yours. It starts toward the bottom and then i get these giant flat medallions on the tips. They will kinda fold over and round out. I think that out of all of my dreads I have two that didn't blunt. They will be fine...no worries :)

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

thats pretty much what im talking about yes. except mine are much more round. its like the bottom of the dreads are eating themselves lol. I have been meaning to upload some pictures but my weekend work schedule has just been crazy

k8ekate said:

I guess it's not as easy to see in this picture but is this what you are talking about?

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
11 years ago
92 posts
I've been told that about mine too. Whomever is saying it isn't entirely incorrect, it's the same concept only with clean, human hair. I laugh it off; soon they'll look like dreads. Until then though, I'll enjoy my furballs. ;) All the best to ya'!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form