Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wraps?

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
does wrapping your dreads like kinda loosely not super tight, actually do anything to help some of the loose hairs on the bodies of dreads to "find their way" so to speak lol, or lock in to the dreads?
updated by @anthony-williams: 02/14/15 09:04:44AM
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
I just figured out how to wrap dreads, but I usually do them semi tight. So that the wrap wont fall appart to quick. I put one on a flat section of a dread seemed to fix it and made it more round. Could be the static electricity from the wool that helps the knottyness.
RippleInStillWater
@rippleinstillwater
14 years ago
16 posts
How does one wrap a dread?? i have the yarn i just dont know how to begin.. can someone help/
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts

http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp12/NickyHippie/?action=view&current=whip.jpg"%20target="_blank&quot ;"> Photobucket ' />

please work picture, cause explaining it is kind of hard with out it
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
i wrap mines pretty tight keep them in for weeks then unravel them they come out pretty neat
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
cool, thanks guys! K E A Z said:
i wrap mines pretty tight keep them in for weeks then unravel them they come out pretty neat
Kellye
@kellye
14 years ago
91 posts
so you actually pull the yarn, string through the dread? or are you just laying it on top of? reference A. GratefulNick said:

http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp12/NickyHippie/?action=view&am... ...;"/>Photobucket ' />

please work picture, cause explaining it is kind of hard with out it
Kellye
@kellye
14 years ago
91 posts
thats actually exactually what i'm trying right now to get two to merge.i've always wanted to but i havent yet i just made one but i jmessed up. i'll doing it again and see if it looks any better... its in an akward spot though like at the nape of my neck behind my ear..like right below it... heidi may said:
just lay it on top, then wrap from the bottom back up to that loop up on top. :)

wraps are fun. i've used them to keep some dreads together that were falling apart, and i'm thinking about using one to combine two dreads. not sure if that will work, but i guess i'll wait and see.

Kellye said:
so you actually pull the yarn, string through the dread? or are you just laying it on top of? reference A.

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
It seems that I'm just not quite coordinated enough to make this work... instead, I've always used a chinese staircase stitch to keep my dreads wrapped up. http://www.boondoggleman.com/prj_chinese_staircase.htm Works well, and is moderately easy to take out as well.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i have this one puffy loopy dread, do you think it would help calm it down to wrap it? or would that just hinder the locking process and make it take longer?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form