Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Suitable hair colours?

dizzy
@dizzy
11 years ago
21 posts

I've been thinking about dying the front undreaded bits of my hair a crazy colour, but i'm not sure what would suit me best. I'd rather know ahead of time if something's going to make me look perpetually ill.

If anyone could point out some colours that would match with my skintone and eye colour that would be great. Attached are some helpful photos of my skin and such, for you to make your decisions :)

Thanks!

updated by @dizzy: 01/13/15 09:54:41PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You are young, go crazy with colors and have some fun. Get some funky colors that slowly wash out, some even wash out the first time. for just your bangs you would only need a tiny bit on your fingertips, so they would last a very long time. Your local drug store will carry them, maybe even Wall-mart & Target, sorry I forget the brand names at the moment, brain fart. If you can afford a few, sometimes you can even blend in the colors throughout the length....peace

TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
11 years ago
19 posts

I'm not sure what would work for you but maybe you can try holding up different colored shirts or something to your face and see what looks best on you. Or if there is a color people say you look good in chances are that would work. If you're worried about the wrong color some dyes stick around a lot longer than others so you could start off with a dye that is known to fade easilly...just in case. Good luck

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
U should due the tips pink! (Or rainbow). As a guy i like to see that on a girl it looks soo cool. There was this girl in a band over here and she didnt even hsve dreads but i just loved the pink tips! So to sum things up pink or rainbow tips
dizzy
@dizzy
11 years ago
21 posts

The reason i'm asking is because i can't tell what looks good on me, at all, lol. On other people i can, just not myself. Plus nobody ever tells me i look good in a certain colour.

And to make it worse, even that dye that washes out in one wash stays for weeks in my hair since i'm a blonde and my hair is super porous.

TarzansWifey said:

I'm not sure what would work for you but maybe you can try holding up different colored shirts or something to your face and see what looks best on you. Or if there is a color people say you look good in chances are that would work. If you're worried about the wrong color some dyes stick around a lot longer than others so you could start off with a dye that is known to fade easilly...just in case. Good luck

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form