Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR Question

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I know it's vastly different for everyone, but on average, how much faster is tnr over neglect at growing a mature lock/s? 6 months? maybe a year?

I'm just want to get a rough estimate so I can plan out when I'm gonna do it so I can look at differences in locks between neglect & tnr (I'm currently 6 months neglect)

updated by @arrows-of-the-rainbow: 01/13/15 09:54:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no real diference um if your 6 months into neglect why would u tnr

but tnr just seems to speed it up caiuse u=in 1st 1-3 months u look furtheralong

but in 3/4 or more of all dreads they are pretty even around 4-6 months in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

They will take about the same amount of time. When you look at the scale of how long it takes locks to mature (between 1-2 years), having one method be 1-2 months quicker isn't going to be that significant.

TnR is only setting up a blueprint for where you want your sections to form. So before any locking actually takes place, your hair will begin to unravel before it knots. This delays progress for a bit. In contrast, neglect is always a forward stepping process.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I did mine by T&R only because I wanted to see the look right away, to see if I would really want dreads on myself. Now that I know I would, if I had to start over, I would do the neglect method, the best method. So don't do a thing, yours will be awesome. I started with almost waist length hair and at 15 months, mine are still not mature. Don't set back your journey, just have patience....peace

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

thanks for the info, answered my question but I think you guys misunderstood. I'm not switching to TnR, I just wanted the info so I could make 1 or 2 tnr dreads to compare the differences to neglect. but now that you're telling me that tnr'ing just "blueprints" your dreads I probably won't do it. (I thought it was actually faster than neglect)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Go ahead and try one then for the experiment. Since you are 6 months into your journey, that one will set you back in time, but you have time right? Try one. My friend was coloring her hair and I used her dye to do one dread only, that was to easily follow the journey of that dread. Experiments are awesome, your dreads, your fun

arrows_of_the_rainbow said:

thanks for the info, answered my question but I think you guys misunderstood. I'm not switching to TnR, I just wanted the info so I could make 1 or 2 tnr dreads to compare the differences to neglect. but now that you're telling me that tnr'ing just "blueprints" your dreads I probably won't do it. (I thought it was actually faster than neglect)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form