By Erik Hylan, 2012-12-13
I am at the end of week three of growing natural dreads and I am enjoying it thoroughly. I have been running into some bad dandruff problems and was wondering if there is away to put a damper on this problem. I wash my hair with liquid shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com
Love & Light
By Coloursnrainbows, 2012-12-13
By Brandi Leigh, 2012-12-13
So I bought some face soap and random items from some people I wanted to check out on Etsy, signature required of course. And the post office is having an "agent who can better assist you" call me today or tomorrow to find out where my Buck's order went so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
My hair is a bit soft ( I blame the shampoo ) but still sectioning itself out at the bottom pretty nicely, it's only going to get better once I replenish my cupboard of nice, natural shampoos.
All my cellphone pictures of my hair looked like hell today so I took a pic of a painting I did that I have in my vanity area instead haha. It's Alice in Wonderland if anyone is interested.
Anyway, happy Thursday world!
By antwan long, 2012-12-13
By Marcellus Wallace, 2012-12-12
So last night in a dark room, i scraped some extra virgin coconut oil out of a jar with my finger, and it did something magical, it lit up blue! I tried again and it lit up again. I then showed my girlfriend just to make sure i wasn't seeing things and she saw it too. If any of you have heard of this or know why it occurs I'd like to know. It was kinda chilly last night so the oil was rather firm, dunno if that has anything to do with it.
By Brandi Leigh, 2012-12-11
I have totally broken up with the post office, we are no longer on speaking terms.
Looks like they lost my order of shampoo bars.
By Marcellus Wallace, 2012-12-11
I feel as if we demonize wax on this site a bit too much, so I righteously blog this blog to show my appreciation for all that wax has done for me.
1. Candles are awesome. The light they provide is not too intense, nor does it hum or produce electromagnetic pollution. They flicker making shadows playfully dance on the walls and ceilings. Most of them, smell pretty good, and if not, at least the molten puddle within is fun to play with. They are useful for lighting hemp-wick when you don't feel like sparking the lighter every time.
2. Crayons. Sure I've opted for acrylic and oil paints, but the nostalgia of a crayon cannot be surpassed.
3. Beeswax cylinders. The predecessor of vinyl records, beeswax cylinders were the first form of recorded music that went into production, allowing people to enjoy recorded music all over.
4. They use wax to seal cheese, I love cheese. Also wax helps you know if you've been accepted to Hogwarts before you even open the letter.
5. Rub it on your snowboard to make you go faster!!!! Skis are for chumps.
6. Earwax, it protects the skin of your ear canal, assists in cleaning and lubrication, and also provides some protection from bacteria, fungi, insects, and water. Other forms of wax, such as petroleum jelly have other lubricating purposes
7. Lava lamps. Made with wax, not lava.
8. Wax makes it easy to identify people in need of your dreading expertise.
By ginger.rose, 2012-12-11
Went for a nice long walk in the woods this morning, and went off the trail to look at something... Well, i forgot that my hair was down, and in my haste to get up the hill, got a chunk of it caught in a holly tree. The force of my step was so great that there was nothing I could do to stop the tree from ripping out a small section of hair (ouch).
When I went back down the hill, i stopped to see if there was evidence of my error on the tree, but none was to be found... I went home and noticed about 1/4 of a baby lock hanging down from a knot! And here I was questioning the general knottiness of the hairs... But it was such a good knot, I just cut off the excess 12" or so that was hanging down (the part that had ripped from my scalp!), and left the rest in there as a reminder to be more careful next time I go on walkabout
By Melony, 2012-12-10
Every day I feel more and more confident about my hair! and I love that I'm able to do all kind of things with it without using a hair tie!
But on another note... I just found out that you can add music to your profile.. so I uploaded a couple songs..
Check them out
By Evan Fuchs, 2012-12-10
well i just did my first no conditioner wash, and i have one dread starting to form on my left towards the front, and two thin ones one the right side! This is a great feeling!