Natural Dreadlocks - Growing natural dreads at DreadlocksSite.com
please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com
Welcome toDreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.comHave dreadlocks questions?
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.
Best dreadlocks shampoo
please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.
typical maintenance for low maintenance dreads include:
separating dreadlocks to prevent congos.
clockwise or counterclockwise rubbing.
interlocking or root flipping
sewing in loose hairs
for more info on all these dreadlocks maintenance methods see the maintenance section of the forums
Join Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
wait fir them to round or toss on a bead
a flat dread almost never stays flat..but if it does who cares its just that much more interesting then a boring round dread
best is the baking soda or bronners opr maylees based on what your water likes
distilling rinse water will let u use anything
add a spoonful of sea salt to any spray boottle add water shake and spray,. 2 hiurs max before u wash
jace and zach sea salt sprays will help u both jace baking soda search the site for super clean the soaps (if it was maylees) is in the dread shops link
wash them wash them wash them at least weekly! washing helps dreads dread ignore loose hairs ..stop working on them just was h and seperate..thats all
Oh wow, I'd be happy with a couple of bucks. A small aloe plant with only very small leaves was $15, medium 25 and the larger ones were $45. The large ones were at least a decent size. I guess the money is not a huge issue with it, I just didn't want to buy a $45 plant that wouldn't last very long.
I have seen sites that advertise aloe juice. I'm going to look into that. So I'm guessing instead of drinking the juice you just smear it in the dreads and roots hey?
u want no other ingredients but aloe u want food grade that u can eat or drink its in the refridgerator in health food stores as a juice drink (but still read the ingredients it should only say aloe) how much is the plants really?
i cant imagine em being more then a couple bucks
Thanks for that. From here on in, I'm not touching my hair. Recovery period now.
As for the Aloe Gel, I'm struggling to find anything decent here in Australia. If any body has any suggestions that would be great. I know that I could buy the plant, but I've only seen them at a Tree store for quite a bit of cash. I have seen an Aloe Gel at the local health food store, but it was only 96.7% Aloe...... not sure whether the other 3.3% is going to damage my hair even more so. Any tips on Aloe Gel in Australia would be unreal.
crochet caused the frizz so now u gotta accept it till theyuy heal
roughly 6 months or more
the best maintenance is wash and seperate nothing else
if u must be frizz free for a day use aloe vera gel
but in general ignore it
To start off with. Great site, thanks so much.
Question: After going through and reading the dread maintenance section I'm a little torn with which is the best way to maintain young dreads. They all seem to have the perks. My dreads are 4 months old, I used wax for the first month, then wash it all out. Crocheted for 3 months and I'm just realizing that it's damaging my dreads. My dreads are looking good but very frizzy. What would be the best maintenance to do? And what is the best way to minimize the frizz.
© 2014 Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.