Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo

things that are toxic to dogs!!

hippie mama
11/09/09 05:17:27PM
While you love your dear dog and want him to have the healthiest of diets, its important to know which foods to consume and which must be avoided at all costs. In fact, there are specific foods which are toxic to dogs. Whether its grapes or cabbage or extensive table scraps or bread dough be aware of the list below as toxic food for dogsin other words, what not to feed!Well start with human food. Baby food can contain onion powder, which can be toxic to dogs. In addition, it can result in nutritional deficiencies especially if fed in large amounts. Simply stated, its best to avoid since this could be toxic to dogs. Thats why its called baby food and not dog food.Table scraps in large amounts could be classified as toxic food for dogs. Why? Because theyre not nutritionally balanced. They should never be more than 10% of your dogs diet. Fat should be trimmed from meat and bones should definitely not be fed. Cooked meat and cooked fats are carcinogenic to dogs.Bones from fish and cooked bones can obstruct the digestive system. Not good!Chocolate, coffee, tea, and caffeinated drinks are bad. They contain caffeine which could be toxic and impact the heart and nervous systems.Citrus oil extracts result in vomiting. Stay away!Grapes and raisins contain unknown toxins which can do damage to the kidneys. Definitely considered toxic food for dogs.Large amounts of cooked liver cause Vitamin A toxicity, which impacts muscles and bones. Yet another item which is toxic to dogs.Macadamia nuts, like grapes and raisins, contain unknown toxins.Spoiled food and garbage just dont go there. Definitely considered toxic for dogs.Mushrooms can result in shock and cause death.Alcohol can result in coma and death.Bread dough can result in a bloated belly and then disorientation and vomiting. Since it yeast that hasnt risen yet, you do not want it to expand in Fidos belly, much less get stuck in the intestines! This, like the other items on the list, could be toxic to dogs.Onions and garlic, whether its raw, cooked, or powder in large amounts have the ability to damage red blood cells and cause anemia.As for chemicals, dogs need to be kept away from all antifreeze spills since this could be hazardous and toxic to dogs. While the sweet smell and taste may be attractive to his sensitive nose, if your dog consumes any amount of antifreeze, rush him immediately to the veterinarian. (Check your garage and driveway for spills and clean these up before your pet has a chance to smell and potentially ingest this!)Xylitol is a sugar-alcohol sweetener contained in chewing gum and candy. Seizures, lethargy and weakness are the result if dogs consume significant amounts of this chemical.Ibuprofen, like antifreeze, may smell sweet. Dogs will eat it if theyre found lying on the floor and dont be surprised if your dog tries to chew threw a bottle to eat the entire contents. This is definitely toxic to dogs. It causes ulceration and perforates the lining of the stomach, and decreases the blood flow to the kidneys. Yet again, toxic to dogs.And keep the above mentioned foods and chemicals in mind to prevent your dog from consuming toxins. At The Dog Bowl, nothing is more important than your pets health and well being. For more information about foods and chemicals which are toxic to dogs or if you think your dog could have ingested a toxic substance please contact your local vet as soon as possible.
Contact Form