please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Icky loved Ricky Mercado's discussion 2 years TnR/neglet dreadlocks
51 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ and An Nguyen are now friends
4 hours ago

herbalists
Joseph loved ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's discussion dreaducation, comprehensive guide to all things dready
4 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Joseph's discussion Hello friends :)
"welcome sounds like u know what u need to do but u need a c9oiuple more inches too wich takes a…"
4 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Joseph
"welcome"
4 hours ago
Jade updated their profile
6 hours ago

herbalists
Joseph posted a discussion

Hello friends :)

Hey all,My name is Joseph, and I'm new to this community. I've intended to dread my hair for quite…See More
6 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved Troy Buckley's photo
6 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved KnottyJulius's photo
6 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved Dave Thorn's photo
6 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved noah guy's photo
6 hours ago
Profile IconJoseph, Courtney, Fezzy and 2 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
6 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved BeauZay's photo
6 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved noah guy's photo
6 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved Chloe's photo
6 hours ago

herbalists
Ricky Mercado posted a discussion

2 years TnR/neglet dreadlocks

Hi dreadlock community, it's been a long time since I've been here on the site and thought I share…See More
7 hours ago
Courtney posted photos
8 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Courtney
"welcome even underwater i could tell i hope u use wax b gone "
8 hours ago
Courtney updated their profile
9 hours ago

bands and musicians
BeauZay posted photos
9 hours ago
I try not to take pills if I can avoid them.. in most cases.
So I know we all get headaches, are there natural things you can take to help them go away?

I often suggest drinking a lot of water or eating a banana, but are there other things?

Tags: headache, natural, reliefe

Views: 288

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there hun, There are many ways you can remedy a headache but if they are a regular occurence it's important that you try to find the cause of the headaches and go from there. For example triggers can include: certain foods, smells, the fact that your eyes are straining (maybe you need glasses), poor posture, gall bladder issues can be linked to migraines, liver problems (not detoxifying properly so toxins are not being removed from the body efficiently) and more. The quickest way I have found to remedy a headache is a glass of water, putting your feet in a bowl of hot water with a cold pack on the back of you neck (this is because the pain of a headache is actually caused by the veins in your head constricting and releasing so the blood has to pump harder to get through - hence the throbbing) the difference in temperatures help to regulate blood flow, and the best one - although perhaps a little controversial as it's the last thing you feel like doing when you have a headache is - an orgasm (yay! notice I didn't say sex hehe) yes it's true, the orgasm releases a huge rush of endorphins that can cure a headache in an instant. There's some other good tips on this site http://www.essortment.com/all/cureforheadach_rgpe.htm. Hope this helps darl oh and by the way I'm a studying Naturopath if your wondering if you can trust me : )
very informative and helpful, thanks chick_pea! ^w^ I don't get headaches all the time but looking at that list, those may be the causes in some cases haha, guess i didn't think about it.
And studying naturopath, that sounds like something that would be nice to have under your belt :D
many blessings

chick_pea said:
Hi there hun, There are many ways you can remedy a headache but if they are a regular occurence it's important that you try to find the cause of the headaches and go from there. For example triggers can include: certain foods, smells, the fact that your eyes are straining (maybe you need glasses), poor posture, gall bladder issues can be linked to migraines, liver problems (not detoxifying properly so toxins are not being removed from the body efficiently) and more. The quickest way I have found to remedy a headache is a glass of water, putting your feet in a bowl of hot water with a cold pack on the back of you neck (this is because the pain of a headache is actually caused by the veins in your head constricting and releasing so the blood has to pump harder to get through - hence the throbbing) the difference in temperatures help to regulate blood flow, and the best one - although perhaps a little controversial as it's the last thing you feel like doing when you have a headache is - an orgasm (yay! notice I didn't say sex hehe) yes it's true, the orgasm releases a huge rush of endorphins that can cure a headache in an instant. There's some other good tips on this site http://www.essortment.com/all/cureforheadach_rgpe.htm. Hope this helps darl oh and by the way I'm a studying Naturopath if your wondering if you can trust me : )
much thanks, will try out when i get headache again
Oh thank you for posting this! I get migraines and I know the cause, but it won't go away in this body, so any help is welcome, I have heard of sex helping but I cannot even begin to think of activity such as that when I get a bad migraine. I will definitely try the water thing next time... thanks again!

ever tried a neti pot?

I used to get headaches everyday and since I started using the neti pot once a day they have completely ceased :)

Neti pots are amazing! I try to do it once a day, but I can never decide between the morning (so I feel the effects all day) or the night (so my sleep is perfect). Any advice?

Evolet said:

ever tried a neti pot?

I used to get headaches everyday and since I started using the neti pot once a day they have completely ceased :)

I find it's best in the morning personally. I feel good all day and through the night :)
good advice ive always looked for other remidies for my head aches besides just eating lemons >.< lolz. &even that is  just a "depends on the person" kinda thing. i recommended lemons to a friend & she said it didnt work for her.

I tend to massage my temples or my sinus', specially the bridge of the nose, starting at the top of the bridge[nasal bone] between the eyes down to the top of the nasal cavity[your nostrils]. Be gentle at first, once you get the feel of it you can decide what works best for you. This is a tried and tested method.

Cayenne and some other hot peppers can do some good, as they loosen the blood vessels and increase blood flow. There is also a recipe that calls for rosemary, lemon balm, fever few, and violet flowers... it's in Llewellyn's Herbal Almanac, which I don't have. I usually just sleep my headaches off or deal with them.

7 blossom tea. chamomile tea. in german chamomile means 'capable of anything' mint teas good too. but i like to mix lavender and peppermint oils with sweet almond or grapeseed and have a back massage from my bf :) my favorite remedy!

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom