please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

kaiakai posted a blog post
1 hour ago
NaturalDreads01 left a comment for Cody Harder
"Hey, I saw what you said earlier in chat about the residue.. I've been noticing this happening…"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ posted videos
4 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Jessica Reyes
"welcome your off to a beautiful start"
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
Victoria Hill replied to Victoria Hill's discussion My hair deserves an award (because I have commitment issues)
"Writing down the lessons is a way of remembering, and noticing, the changes. If I hadn't…"
4 hours ago

herbalists
Chris Stanek loved Chris Stanek's profile
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
Jessica Reyes commented on Jessica Reyes's photo
Thumbnail

"What i do to keep it out of my face at work"
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
Thumbnail

"Tam it up!"
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
Thumbnail

"Base of the neck, 1 month in"
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
Thumbnail

"1 month in"
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
Jessica Reyes posted photos
5 hours ago

bands and musicians
Jessica Reyes posted a blog post

Hello.

Hey guys! I've been here many times before over a span if 5/6 years. Ive attempted to dread my hair…See More
5 hours ago
Cody Harder left a comment for David DaSilva
"dood, your hair is looking AMAZING! :)))  lock on, brother! "
5 hours ago

bands and musicians
Jessica Reyes updated their profile photo
5 hours ago
Profile IconJessica Reyes, Kelly Kissel, maryann and 2 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
5 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved Theodora Martino's photo
5 hours ago
Kelly Kissel posted a discussion

hi

How ya doin?I am enjoying the natural dread process now, after trying some other methods, and I am…See More
5 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Kelly Kissel
"welcome back"
5 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ commented on Theodora Martino's photo
Thumbnail

Theodora Martino

"you go to tyler awesome  spent lil tuime round there myself"
6 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ commented on L Sully's blog post Happy Loops? or bad roots?
"sure are "
6 hours ago

O.K., here's the deal. So many of us seem to be intimidated by the thought of a natural brow (and yes, in my case it will be singular brow!). So, in a bit of an experiment, I'm going to post a different sort of timeline to what we usually see around here. I'm throwing away the tweezers! Tomorrow morning I'll put up a picture of my brows as they are right now - they're a bit untidy, but generally not too bad. I'm not going to touch them until they're completely grown in, which could be a while. Then I'll decide whether to keep them natural for good, or if I just have to cave to my vanity.

Wish me luck!

Tags: eyebrows, natural

Views: 533

Replies to This Discussion

LUCK!!!!!!!!!!  I'm inspired...  I'll be watching.

Just yesterday I was thinking about how I don't shave anything, but I don't think I could stop plucking my brows.  That's a hard one for me.

I've discovered so far that it's really hard to take a clear picture of your own brows! These were the best I could get:

A bit unruly on the right there...I think thats just cause I haven't brushed the hairs into place, not because there's extra hair there. You can't see in the photos, but I have some growth coming in fast between my brows. Why is it that that hair grows super fast, but the hair in the bulk and length of the brow is excruciatingly slow?

Anyway, there's something psychological going on here. As soon as I knew I'd committed to no grooming, I desperately wanted to pull out the tweezers, haha!

Good luck! I can't wait to see what happens :D I'm another one of those who have a hard time letting brows really grow in. I leave mine relatively thick already, but I feel compelled to keep them as two brows instead of one!
Good luck! I have PCOS, which means that my androgen level is higher than it should be as a woman. So despite the fact that I don't shave anything (and my eyebrows just keep themselves in line) I find that I have to pull out about 20 or 30 hairs on my chin... I'm trying to be okay with it but I just CAN'T. Sometimes I let it go and sometimes it just has to go. So, we'll still love you as you are, bald between the eyes or not!

For some reason this makes me think of Frida Kahlo.  Probably because her brow hair was so publicly discussed.  She was an inspiringly strong, talented, willful, amazing woman, so full of life and character.  And still people had to discuss her brow hair.  It's a difficult transition to make for sure.  I have nothing close to a unibrow when I don't pluck, but still I have this neeeeeed to pluck. 

It makes me sad when I do it.  Really.  I wish that I felt strong enough, loved myself enough to believe that it was a silly, painful thing to inflict and not do it.   I wish that I had a better answer for my kids when they ask me "WHY are you doing that??"  When they notice that I don't wear a bra around the house, but I do when we go to town, or that I don't mess with my brows at home, but I do before we go to town, I notice to and have to admit that it isn't so much that I'm doing it for me.   That's what makes me sad.

Cool.

I never understood why people feel the need to abuse their eyebrows. I've never touched mine, and they're just fine. XD

Back in highschool, I learned about plucking eyebrows for the first time, being that I was transplanted from a rural schooll to a 5A school...so I went home and shaved mine off...and proceeded to look like a freak till they finally grew back in...did a bit of plucking for a few years, and about a year ago, just let em go back to normal. Now I love them, and couldn't imagine my face any other way!!! <3

Attachments:

i think i look weird with my brows waxed and i see it as pointless pain. i like how they look normally

I grew mine in more then they have ever been however I still pluck a little...I am a closet plucker & picker very bad disorder to have so I dont know if I could give up my tweezers 

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom