please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Mariah Muurderr loved Kayla's photo
56 minutes ago
Mujtaba Ali replied to CoriElaine's discussion I wanna see you SILLY! :D
"I didn't have dreads at this time (just started them a bit ago) but oh well :D super sillyness…"
2 hours ago

vip supporters
Casey Fay commented on ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's group dready drummers
"  Had a little fire in the back yard last night. Sat under the stars and drummed to the quiet…"
2 hours ago

bands and musicians
L.D.50 replied to Kida Lily's discussion How did Wolf come into your life? in the group Wolf Tribe
"My stepdad has always been fascinated by wolves and their beauty, free spirit and athletic…"
3 hours ago

bands and musicians
L.D.50 joined hippyjo's group
Thumbnail

Wolf Tribe

Sisters and Brothers howl as one pack. Let us know who we are. The ones who feel a kinship with the…See More
3 hours ago
Dil C Maka updated their profile
3 hours ago

bands and musicians
L.D.50 commented on L.D.50's blog post " Dreads in school " or " How I chose to be the biggest freak ever "
"I think so, too. but sometimes it helps talking bout some ovensive kids trying to ignore how boring…"
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
L.D.50 commented on L.D.50's blog post Anyone into Nu Metal?
"That`s pretty funny but I could tell that Nu Metal is nothing like the "traditional"…"
4 hours ago

crafty crafters
Kayla updated their profile
5 hours ago

crafty crafters
Kayla posted photos
5 hours ago

bands and musicians
DRS posted photos
6 hours ago
thetetlove loved Ibe Reverie's discussion It's good to be back.
7 hours ago

crafty crafters
deadwriter posted a photo
8 hours ago
Ben Goulter is now friends with Candice Peery, Izzy Starchild and Boo
9 hours ago

crafty crafters
Anna Blocker replied to CoriElaine's discussion I wanna see you SILLY! :D
10 hours ago

crafty crafters
Anna Blocker replied to CoriElaine's discussion I wanna see you SILLY! :D
10 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ loved Daisy's photo
10 hours ago

bands and musicians
Graciela Moreno loved christopher lazarus's photo
10 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Divine Malik Stewart
"welcome are u dreading the natural way then? "
10 hours ago
Profile IconDivine Malik Stewart, Mariah Muurderr, Megan Palmer and 1 more joined dreadlocks forums
10 hours ago

Im so disappointed in myself for missing this, but snaps to my fellow Mummas - Go Abbey!

Local news clip - Nursing flash mob

Views: 200

Replies to This Discussion

Even though my last "baby" just turned 8 a couple days ago I am still very much pro-breast feeding and on several occasions have wanted to go to a nurse in just to show my support. I was harassed by a janitor in a grocery store's food court once about feeding my son and let me tell you I gave the store manager a few words!

I just never have understood how something that our bodies are made to do can be a shameful act?

I know right? More flesh can be seen in 50% of any advertisements and that is actually in a sexual context. As for mothers rooms, pft, why should little bubbies have to eat in a 'toilet', no one with a say else wants to!

MommaCrunch said:

Even though my last "baby" just turned 8 a couple days ago I am still very much pro-breast feeding and on several occasions have wanted to go to a nurse in just to show my support. I was harassed by a janitor in a grocery store's food court once about feeding my son and let me tell you I gave the store manager a few words!

I just never have understood how something that our bodies are made to do can be a shameful act?

I love breastfeeding! I plan to do it AT LEAST until 2 (my son is 10.5 months) and beyond if we both still feel like it! I will nurse any and everywhere and I have never had anyone approach me to tell me to cover up or anything negative! One guy even said GOOD FOR YOU!!! I was so happy about that. I have had a few looks, but I think my look is DARING them to come up and say something, because I know my LEGAL rights and I would tell them off. ;)

I so wanted to breast feed....

but...my reasons are a long complicated story...

MAYBE with the NEXT! (whenever that comes!)

I'm very pro breast feeding too!

I'm not too embarrassed to speak my mind or let people push me around.  The next demonstration I am totally taking my baby!  She feeds off a bottle...but she needs to be around how other babies eat too!

It would be like...look...this is the way I have to feed my baby out of necessity...But I would TOTALLY do it this way if I could! Breast feeding women are doing what's best for their kids!

Giving them HUMAN milk because that is what baby humans should eat first unless it just isn't an option!

I would love to go to a nurse-in if there was one around here. It is so ridiculous how ignorant people have become about breastfeeding. I've never had anyone tell me not to nurse in public. I've only gotten good things like smiles and thumbs up. But my ex-fiance's friends would ask, "Isn't he too old for that?" when my son was only 8 months old! My son is going to be 2 in just a couple of days and there seems to be no end in sight of our nursing relationship. I am so glad that there are laws in place that protect a mother's and baby's right to breastfeed wherever they need to. Yet it is unfortunate that we need those laws....

Awesome!! I am currently breastfeeding my 3rd child, who just turned 15 months =D I BF my older two as well, but not for this long, We had some trouble, not enough support, info etc. =/ I know much more this time around & I met a wonderful group of mamas, one of whom actually led me here!! Babywearing & La Leche League meetings with like minded mamas have helped me so much <3 We started out our breastfeeding journey with her in the CICU & me exclusively pumping for two weeks!!! 

My mother passed away from breast cancer at the age of 45 </3  I have lowered/am lowering mine & my girls' risk of getting breast cancer!!!

I used to be really scared to NIP, but now I think if anyone ever did say something to me, I'd give them an earful back!!!

I believe that a kid will self ween when the time is right.  Biologically speaking, our bodies have evolved over the ages to breast feed til and this is somewhere between 2-4 or more years

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom