please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Naya Friel loved Jasper's photo
11 minutes ago
Naya Friel loved Jasper's photo
12 minutes ago
Naya Friel and Jasper are now friends
13 minutes ago

crafty crafters
To Live Is To Dye replied to Kayla's discussion Lice!!
"I have heard that alcohol can kill them, but how do you get rid of their dead bodies? I know…"
38 minutes ago

herbalists
LionOfJudah replied to Kayla's discussion Lice!!
"Teatree oil alone works great as a prevent, the fumes and such. Removing lice is easy! You can use…"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Nathan St. Armand
"\im reakl sick but illtry tianswer the besrt way is wputsomer inthescalp anbd  scrub thescaslp…"
1 hour ago
Frida Lindgren loved Mama Kats's photo
4 hours ago
Reberus loved Bear Scott's discussion Dreadlock Maintenance: A Cautionary Tale
4 hours ago
Nathan St. Armand commented on Lauryn Dowding's blog post How my dreads have changed me
"This is a novel, enjoyable write up. Thanks for sharing it with us."
5 hours ago
Nathan St. Armand commented on Lauryn Dowding's blog post How my dreads have changed me
"I still do not like the idea of cutting trees down. Sometimes I try and see that it is used to…"
5 hours ago
"You are great. I can relate. I don't know if trees can feel pain or not, but I do think that…"
5 hours ago

herbalists
Janus Dousas posted photos
5 hours ago

herbalists
Janus Dousas updated their profile photo
5 hours ago
Nathan St. Armand commented on Lauryn Dowding's photo
Thumbnail

Photo on 12-10-2014 at 16.27

"Your looking good. Um... your dreadlocks look good too I mean. ;)"
6 hours ago
Nathan St. Armand posted photos
6 hours ago

herbalists
Janus Dousas and Lauryn Dowding are now friends
8 hours ago
Allan loved Mama Kats's photo
8 hours ago
Jeffree Vega. loved Tabitha's discussion 6 months of backcombed dreads
8 hours ago
Lauren Maxwell commented on Lauren Maxwell's photo
Thumbnail

20141017_145240

"Thanks everyone."
8 hours ago
Mama Kats posted a photo

3 months and 1 week :]

the little guys are doing awesome!!! The knots are beginning to work up towards my roots and I…
9 hours ago
i myself am a vegetarian and i have no beefs with meat eaters. (no pun intended) but i was talkin with a friend yesterday and she was saying how she could never be a vegetarian or vegan and that she dont know how i could do it. i told her about the abuse alot of the animals get because theres just not enough regulations and i mean you cant really be an animal lover or an animal rights activist and work at a slaughter house ya know. i know there are cases were the animals are treated fairly but in the long run i think that is few and far between. i myself believe that if you see no problem eating meat then u should have no problem hunting and killing it yourself. myself and my beliefs and my families belief is that animals have souls and feelings. and as been stated on here before i dont see how ppl can love their dog and take it to the vet if its hurting or cry when it dies but then they can eat a peice of meat that they dont know if that cow was killed humanely let alone disregard that this animal has feelings and a soul as well.  like i said its just my beleifs and i really dont want this to start any arguments with meat eaters but i guesse im just wondering how many of the meat eaters would still eat meat if they watched this animal die. if they would be ok with that. or for the fellow vegs out there is this the reason or one of the reasons as in my case that you decided to change your diet. i once read some where that part of evolution and part of distinguishing us as the higher race is compassion. but should compassion stop at the human race or should we have it for all living things that have souls and feelings? im curious to see what u all think

Tags: animals, diet, food, meat, souls, vegetarian

Views: 708

Replies to This Discussion

i know that u didnt mean to be hurtful and thats awesome. and im just so glad that everyone on here has such diffrent wonderful opinions and as to helping ppl out im down with that idea. love is something that is seen heard and shared. and im willing ti give a loving helping hand to any living thng wether its an animal a plant or a fellow wandering being. love and kind words are such a great heart warmer on a cold day like today
There is not such a thing as a natural human diet. This is a myth. The fact that our digestive system can deal with a wide range of foods in different forms and is very similar if not identical to a pigs digestive system says that we can deal with any eventuality and survive. Eating fats from animal sources is believed to be why our brains are so developed today.

http://www.fi.edu/learn/brain/fats.html

I respect your choice to not eat meat but natural diet doesn't exist. Its all about your choice now and your beliefs.

Humanity is a lot like a Birthday Card from replanted forests. Good intentions but only good for one day.

☮soaringeagleॐ said:
meat is not part of a natural human diet we are nit physicaly designed to kill eat or digest it in any way it is toxic to your system
also plants dont need to die to feed you you can selectivly harvest without killing the plant also brains.. the ability to understand pain and death also animals release chemicals into theyre blood during times of terror pain and suffering your consumming these chemicals that affect you negatively

i could go on and on and on

Antonia said:
Well, where i am originally from..we usually kill our own meat, especially chickens and goats.lol, it was fun, i thought it was. I still eat meat, love chicken especially. If someone can tell me the difference between plants and animals, i would be glad, because last time i checked, they were all living things.
I would kill to eat. I would not kill anything bigger than what is needed for my family in one meal. I would never eat pork.

I also believe that the way an animal is killed is a small project compared to how the animal lived. Animals that are kept in environments not befitting their natural existence. Battery hens, pigs who never see the light of day and are treated the worst of any animal I know in some countries. Cows who never see a field and are pumped with hormones. This is a lot worse than anything I know.

This is not a 2 dimensional problem. It is a very difficult to say that this is right or wrong but things can quickly change. Our place in the world is constantly in danger. Who knows what you will do in the future might be something that would disgust you now. All the rules that you make for yourself now go out the window when the shit hits the fan, trust me.
I can respect what you are saying and how you have said it in such a good manner...Blessings :)

Orange Clock said:
I would kill to eat. I would not kill anything bigger than what is needed for my family in one meal. I would never eat pork.

I also believe that the way an animal is killed is a small project compared to how the animal lived. Animals that are kept in environments not befitting their natural existence. Battery hens, pigs who never see the light of day and are treated the worst of any animal I know in some countries. Cows who never see a field and are pumped with hormones. This is a lot worse than anything I know.

This is not a 2 dimensional problem. It is a very difficult to say that this is right or wrong but things can quickly change. Our place in the world is constantly in danger. Who knows what you will do in the future might be something that would disgust you now. All the rules that you make for yourself now go out the window when the shit hits the fan, trust me.
hey guys, killing is surviving and there is nothing u can do about it, thats the reality, eventhough u switch to vegie its still killing... btw its like a circle of life... just accept the reality
do you know cows and sheep pollutes more than vehicles, it contributes to global warming more than the emissions of gas from vehicles,not to say vehicles are better for the environment. the reason i say so because cows and sheep expels methane gas through belching and flatulence.
And with the Mass production of cows and sheep that is happening around the world, more and more methane is release to the atmosphere and its more dangerous than Carbon emissions. i dont support mass productions, its a long argument if im gonna elaborate on the corporate world mass production.

im not trying to say being a vegan is wrong, i think its good and healthy. but eating meat is not a bad thing at all, only the right kind of animal, not talking about meat in general, i dont eat rabbits lol. Cows and sheep are meant for food.

Im a muslim and every ones a year, we slaughter a cow, and give it to people in general, its kinda like doing charity. and ive seen the process of slaughtering to skinning the cow, its not as horrible as how the mass slaughter is and one day id have to do it on my own.
something that really annoys me is that people find so many ways to disguise the fact that they're eating an animal. even just the fact that we call it "meat" instead of just "animals". we say we're eating "beef" instead of eating "cow", "pork" instead of "pig" etc etc. also the way loads of people would find it disgusting to eat a head or a foot or a snout of an animal but they see no problem with eating something unrecognizable as something that used to be alive like a piece of ham or something. you make a really good point about the killing animals yourself thing.

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom