please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

herbalists
Ibe Reverie posted a discussion

It's good to be back.

I used to frequent here under another alias. That was over a year ago, during my researching phase…See More
2 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Seth Spencer
"you'll get there after a step backwards or 2 good thing they werent too tight :) they will…"
3 hours ago
Seth Spencer left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Thanks for the welcome!! They weren't done too tight and started laying down after the first…"
3 hours ago
April Parker said
"So I haven't conditioned my hair since probably the 1st, but now my head is kindof itchy and have had some bumps on my scalp ...I'm guessing"
3 hours ago
AnitaDR04 loved Gilly's Mum's profile
4 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved christopher lazarus's photo
7 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved Abby's photo
7 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson commented on bells's photo
Thumbnail

In the forest.

"You're beautiful. Great picture"
8 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved bells's photo
8 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved bells's photo
8 hours ago
Peter loved Dakota Whiteaker's photo
8 hours ago
Peter loved christopher lazarus's photo
8 hours ago
Peter left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Oh good, and thanks very much for your reply.  Some dreads aren't straight anymore…"
8 hours ago
Peter left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"I just read your message to Dani about not palm rolling. I've had my dreads (crochet recovery)…"
9 hours ago

herbalists
Ibe Reverie left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"thanks for the welcome :) it's good to be back, renewed. "
9 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Dani Moody
"welcome dani wouldnt bother palm rolling though it does nothing helpfil but can cause permenant harm"
9 hours ago
Profile IconDani Moody, Ibe Reverie, Boo and 2 more joined dreadlocks forums
10 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Ibe Reverie
10 hours ago

bands and musicians
FⒶSHIONABLE POVERTY replied to ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's discussion beautiful inspirational dreadlock pictures
" "
10 hours ago

herbalists
Nathaniel Lopez replied to Nathaniel Lopez's discussion Problem with new locks
"They are a little too short to tie back right now. I will try the aloe first. If that doesnt work…"
10 hours ago

i think peta does alot of good for animals as do alot of other ppl but i heard on the news last night that many suspect peta of pushing it to far because they say that the groundhog in PA {the one they use to see if he sees his shadow} is being terrified and stressed out by the ritual. the "owner" of the ground hog replied by saying that he gets treated better then alot of kids do. so my question is has the animal rights group pushed it to far on this one in your opinion or do u agree with their assessment?

Tags: animal, groundhog, peta

Views: 141

Replies to This Discussion

I think PETA does do alot of good, but they definately go to far way to often. They don't think animals should even be kept as pets. That keeping animals as pets is disrespecting the animal by forcing into a life of domesticity that they animal hasn't evolved to be in. I thik that they do stop alot of terrible things from happening to animals. I may not always agree with the way they do it, but they do it at least.
yeah i think they are trying to do the right things but i agree with taking it to far. like i mean just cuz you have a pet doesnt mean that u think that animal is far beneath humans. i mean my animals are like my kid/best friend. so i dont agree with not having pets because then dogs would be homeless and hungry right? i dunnoit really does come from their hearts and i do agree for alot of what they stand for but they did go to far this time i think. but as far as other things like no circus' and the fur and vegetarian/vegan diets i agree with those stances. thanks for your opinion and im sure alot of others feel the same way
I think that PETA is full of it. I think they went overboard loooong before the PetSmart BS... loooong before the MARS Candy BS... they've just been going too far for a long long time. Great intentions, really awful execution. Look up "PETA hates PetSmart" and look at the kind of crap they post. I know our supplier is awful, but in the video you can even tell that the animals in question were getting medical care if you check out the medical log. Also, in filming that video they broke a number of copyright laws... again, great idea, but it's gone too far.
I agree with what already has been posted and well, I am just posting pretty much the same comment.

I do think they have went too far. Many times as already stated. I am all for animal rights, but just because we adopt one into our lives doesn't mean necessarily their right are gone. In fact many times they (animals) actually have more rights and more of a life than before.

Many people with pets have abused/mistreated them and IMO thats what PETA should be targeting. Not just random hits on normal and loving pet households.

If they ever want to have a good reputation, they need to quit acting crazy and set some realistic reasonable boundaries for themselves that still accomplishes their mission.
I have a story about PETA. I live next to a town called Spearfish. I guess they contacted the mayor or somebody and didn't like the town name and wanted them to change it to "Sea Kitten." Really? I guess not much of a story but I thought it was funny and ridiculous

PETA are full of shit, they always go too far and they make every Vegan, Veggie and animal lover look bad!

That's my opinion...in brief :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom