please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

bands and musicians
Gingerlocks posted a discussion

Dreadlock natural smell?

Hey guys. I've been wondering. When rubbing my scalp, in the part where my dreadlocks are, and then…See More
42 minutes ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson replied to Landon Voss's discussion 21 months - Male - Natural Dreadlocks
"You've got a gorgeous head of dreads."
2 hours ago
space_monster loved Ashton Delany's photo
2 hours ago
space_monster loved Meagan Shugart's photo
2 hours ago
space_monster loved Meagan Shugart's photo
2 hours ago
space_monster loved Landon Voss's discussion 21 months - Male - Natural Dreadlocks
3 hours ago
Icky loved Landon Voss's discussion 21 months - Male - Natural Dreadlocks
6 hours ago
Stubby replied to Landon Voss's discussion 21 months - Male - Natural Dreadlocks
"Nice timeline...I like the dreads. They look great"
7 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ loved Meagan Shugart's photo
7 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved Mario hernandez's photo
8 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ commented on Mario hernandez's blog post fresh start
"congrats..stick with it"
8 hours ago
Jessica Grindstaff loved jenni helloworld's profile
8 hours ago
Meagan Shugart posted videos
9 hours ago
Mario hernandez commented on Mario hernandez's photo
9 hours ago
Meagan Shugart posted photos
9 hours ago
Landon Voss left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Thanks for the comment and the community!  I understand that washing hair helps the locking…"
9 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Meagan Shugart
"welcome they are progressing great"
10 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Landon Voss
"welcome but ya should have washed the whole time they dread faster whgen c lean"
10 hours ago
Meagan Shugart updated their profile
10 hours ago
Meagan Shugart loved Landon Voss's discussion 21 months - Male - Natural Dreadlocks
10 hours ago

I've had my locs for 10 months and don't see the problem of going to get them done or twisting them yourself, NOONE ive ever know with locs has had hair loss. I have african american hair btw.

I feel like as  long as you dont twist too often  you should be ok. I only retwist once a month.

Views: 6192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sure can  but having 300 i dount that skinny

yea light palm roling isnt gonna do much harm many do it alot more agressib[vly to the point of creating heat thats when its harmful

i have 1 dread thats literaly as thin as the letter l on your screen and thats actualy 3 dreads congoed

and even tho its like.. 1 milimete5=r by 2 milimiter  irs a good 4 feet ling and strong

but now i think its congoed with a much thicker 1  now

i still havgfe alot of dreads so finding that 1  is hard and i only accidentlu[y find it fery few months or so  justto reminbd me its t=]still there but i think lasttime i saw it it was joined to a thicker congo near the roots

Tied up in knots said:

Why can't you grow skinny locks free-forming? I have some very thin free-form locks starting in my hair right now. Even the section is tiny. If they start skinny why can't you continue to separate them and keep them that way?

Not commenting on the video. Just asking about skinny freeform locks.

Thanks for the responses. Just wanting to continue learning about dreadlocks!

Just re-sharing this because her locs are such beautiful african locks without the twisting...anyone think they don't look taken care of?

http://youtu.be/vLmD7Dfeo1c

holy shit.  From what I have read here in this tread, everything I was doing to my hair from about 1 year old was wrong!!  WTF?  lol.  So, maintaing dreads will cause breakages etc.  Shit, I know when I was younger and I had straight hair I had lots of hair stuck in my brush.  Damit, my I always knew mums know nothing!!!  haha.  can't stop laughing now. 

what have you been doing to them?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom