please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Jah-Jah Warrior loved Pamela Isley's photo
3 hours ago

bands and musicians
smoke commented on smoke's photo
Thumbnail

dreadkoto

"thank you"
4 hours ago

herbalists
Lauryn Dowding and Nathan St. Armand are now friends
4 hours ago

herbalists
Lauryn Dowding loved Lauryn Dowding's profile
4 hours ago
Profile IconMichaelBankser and Frankie Bevevino joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
5 hours ago
Naya Friel loved Jasper's photo
7 hours ago
Naya Friel loved Jasper's photo
7 hours ago
Naya Friel and Jasper are now friends
7 hours ago

crafty crafters
To Live Is To Dye replied to Kayla's discussion Lice!!
"I have heard that alcohol can kill them, but how do you get rid of their dead bodies? I know…"
7 hours ago

herbalists
LionOfJudah replied to Kayla's discussion Lice!!
"Teatree oil alone works great as a prevent, the fumes and such. Removing lice is easy! You can use…"
8 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Nathan St. Armand
"\im reakl sick but illtry tianswer the besrt way is wputsomer inthescalp anbd  scrub thescaslp…"
8 hours ago
Frida Lindgren loved Mama Kats's photo
11 hours ago
Reberus loved Bear Scott's discussion Dreadlock Maintenance: A Cautionary Tale
11 hours ago
Nathan St. Armand commented on Lauryn Dowding's blog post How my dreads have changed me
"This is a novel, enjoyable write up. Thanks for sharing it with us."
12 hours ago
Nathan St. Armand commented on Lauryn Dowding's blog post How my dreads have changed me
"I still do not like the idea of cutting trees down. Sometimes I try and see that it is used to…"
12 hours ago
"You are great. I can relate. I don't know if trees can feel pain or not, but I do think that…"
12 hours ago

herbalists
Janus Dousas posted photos
12 hours ago

herbalists
Janus Dousas updated their profile photo
12 hours ago
Nathan St. Armand commented on Lauryn Dowding's photo
Thumbnail

Photo on 12-10-2014 at 16.27

"Your looking good. Um... your dreadlocks look good too I mean. ;)"
13 hours ago
Nathan St. Armand posted photos
13 hours ago
I was wondering what you guys think i should do about geting my dreads. There 3 options IMO, unless one of you can come up with a sweet plan, and both have problems.

My hair is 5 inches in front
4 in middle
3 in back

I was hoping to get a job at the airport in July and so i gotta look not messy for that.
I plan on swimming a lot in the summer in Lake Michagan.
I was going to try to ask this girl out Monday.

Option 1
I backcomb my hair in the next week or so and let it dread and they'll be all ready by summer. They'll be really ready by the time i apply at the airport and the water probably wont hurt them as much as if they were babies.

Option 2
I go the natural way starting now. Is it even long enough to start dreading naturally? i use residue free and wouldn't comb and would spray sea salt water in it and stuff.

Option 3 wait till may/June and starting going natural then. Will the water kill em? will they be ready by July? Will it even be long enough then?

So that was my best attempt to organize this for you guys but yeah any ideas? or votes on which to go with?

Tags: help, starting

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

option 4

let me explain

option 1 your assumming backcomb would be the best option but its not twist and rip would be better

option 2 well parts are long enough to go natural now parts arent

option 3 waitting a month or 2 will gain u enough length to go natural however they wont be 'ready" by july

so we are left with options 4 and options 5

option 4 do twist and rip tomoro  let it dread

or

option 5

go natural starting now in july be prepared to defend your decision to go natural at the u=interview

keep in mind last time i flew all the security checkers checking for bombs had turbans on the airports  tend to accept cultural diversity  i saw dreads working there  too

so just defend your dreading decision with a well thought out statement and you should be fine

why r u waitting till then to apply?

Just cause i wanna enjoy my summer doing stuff i wanna do, like ride my pocket rocket and swim. I worked the last summers and so since i quit last christmas eve i wanna enjoy this summer
Well hell...I'm curious! You said you were starting dreads AGAIN. What did you do before? You would think that would give you some input on which way to go for what works best for you...what was the situation before?
I am going to say even out the length and just let your hair do what it is going to do.
I just started my dreads in febuary an I'm doing neglect because I love the look and how easy it is, I'm planning on getting a job this summer an honestly if a company listens to wat u have to say about your dreads an doesn't hire you because of it then I wudnt wana work there anyway
I used to have hair down to my chin and i backcombed it all into dreads, i had em only for four days cause i worked at Jewel and they stuck out too much for them, after a couple days they were pretty good but i wanted to go natural so i took em out. I didn't comb for a month and it didn't really dread, this time i'm a use super sea salt spray and i'm a get me a wool hat. and now i dont work at jewel anymore so i'm good there.
Be ready to wait for close to a year before seeing solid results the natural route and less job opportunities. Fact.
Well, no matter method you choose, it's going to look messy for about a year or so. Unless you crochet, which is disastrous - does a lot of damage and requires a ton of maintenance. I think you're going to be tying back your locks no matter what method you choose for that interview...I'd recommend going natural...I had a couple backcombed sets and natural looks way better to me. Not even close...
Unfortunately your optimism does not suffice for real world scenarios as good as it sounds, and as much as I would love to agree with you, I cant fully. Yes, dreads can maybe give you a leverage at a specific job opportunity but that window is narrow but maybe becoming wider through sites like this, but when speaking of society as a whole dreads are very misunderstood as we know, yes? and to further that, often a negative stigma is implied if you are specifically white with locs, due to natural ignorance of culture through history. What defines a job between us is subjective, but as for doors opening while having dreads is not helping you in any way shape or form, quite the opposite when speaking on first impressions. These ideas could become a whole different thread but these are my opinions from personal experience and learning from an entire family of dreads from all over. My unkept style of natural locs is for sure a disadvantage, but I have known people with the most pristine controlled locs that would tell you the same

Amber Claire said:

Why would he not be able to get a job? or have less opportunities? course he will, they can always be tied back, Anyway its the person not the dreads. Ok everyone may not like dreads but not all people judge people wanting to look different, this can even help get you a job, shows you think out the box. 

Anyways i would go natural as its so cool watching your hair change, let the hair, do its thing,enjoy your summer and ask the girl out:)  I hope it goes well and keep us posted with your dreddy journey.

peace :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom