please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar


please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity


herbalists
Lauryn Dowding posted photos
1 hour ago
NaturalDreads01 loved sara yingst's photo
3 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved illeona's photo
4 hours ago

crafty crafters
Kayla posted photos
5 hours ago
illeona loved Shade Of Ashes's photo
5 hours ago
illeona posted photos
5 hours ago
illeona commented on Alicia's group Alaska Dreads
"Hello all....we most definitely need to get some more members...it being Alaska and all I'm…"
6 hours ago
illeona joined Alicia's group
Thumbnail

Alaska Dreads

A group for all of us with dreads in Alaska..I know there are atleast a few of us. :)
6 hours ago
Profile Iconilleona and Zoraida Miranda joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
6 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 left a comment for sara yingst
"Welcome! We are happy to have you as part of the community.. If you have any questions, feel free…"
8 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Zoraida Miranda
"welcome are u using thed natural/neglect method then?"
9 hours ago
sara yingst left a comment for sara yingst
"Thanks :)"
11 hours ago
sara yingst posted a photo
11 hours ago

crafty crafters
Quillen posted a photo

11 months today

All natural neglect
12 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to CoriElaine's discussion Having issues Updating Timeline..Help?
"ifu hgave the curser at thetop thats wherethey insert  so  click or use down aqrrow move…"
18 hours ago
CoriElaine replied to DRS's discussion Baking Soda/Vinegar results...
"Did youever get the wax b gone and get that shit out of your lovely hair? :)"
18 hours ago
CoriElaine replied to Matt Simone's discussion ~~I Fell Victim to Dreadheadhq~~
"That would make an AWESOME shirt!!  "
18 hours ago
CoriElaine replied to Matt Simone's discussion ~~I Fell Victim to Dreadheadhq~~
"Isn't Barrellady awesome? Good luck on your journey!"
18 hours ago
CoriElaine replied to Supa Dread's discussion My Dread ressurrection from wax to natural
"Wow lookin great man. Im so glad youor dread could be saved! :) There are a handful of African boys…"
18 hours ago
CoriElaine replied to ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's discussion loops lumps kinks and zig zags in dreadlocks
"Flat dreads are totally normal. It happens from sleeping a lot on that spot, tying hair back…"
18 hours ago
I hope someone will be able to help with my question. I am in my 3rd year with my dreads and all is going well. Lately I have noticed that in there are a few dreads that have started healthy but have thin out to the point where it is hanging by a few strands.

Its mainly on the sides near my ears only. Should I be concerned and is there any way to prevent it from accruing?

Tags: dreads, falling, interlocking, off, roots, thinning

Views: 3321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pictures would help.
what have u done to your dreads
this is common if u interlocked or root rubbed to death or twisted too much

11st tell us everything u did to your dreads and we'll figure out from there and yea pics will help too but ..history even more from how u started to all maintenance u did

and especialy did u ever use any so called dread tools
I have never used any dread tools. I see a Locktician very 2 months and I believe he uses the the interlock method. In between that time I don't do any extra twisting, i just leave my dreads until i see her again.
Attachments:
stop seeing her!! interlocking will cause yoiur dreads to fall off
locticions are a scam theres less then 1% in the world that arent destructive

ok you niow have severely weakened dreads..theres nothing to do about that but try to recover. that means ..zero maintenance for a gvood while well almost, dreads that arent thinned you can still seperate..nothing elsde, the thinned dreads though your only option to save em is to alow them to congo and combine with nearby dreads
once the roots are stronger u can resume seperating..but thats it

interlocking is 1 of the 2 worse things u can ever do to dreads (well going to a salon or loctition at all is up there in the top worse things u can do too)



were there products used too?

im sorry to tell ya the bad news but at least there is a wauy around it
a few congows and let the rest go and become healthy

im so glad u found us when u did

so every 2 months fir how long? just guessing at the level of weakkening it caused

Un!que said:
I have never used any dread tools. I see a Locktician very 2 months and I believe he uses the the interlock method. In between that time I don't do any extra twisting, i just leave my dreads until i see her again.
be sure to thank your loctitian for screwing up your dreads and ..while your at it tell her interlockings the worse thing u can do to dreads.

suggestion the thinnest weakest dreads wrap embriodery thread round that 1 and next nearest 1 from roots to 1/2 inch to inch out u can leave it on till it falls apart or take off in a month or so
or i can add a bead that fits over 2
In fairness to my loctician, I really don't know what kind of method that he uses to do my dreads. I've done some reading on interlocking and I don't believe that is the process that used on me. The rest of my dreads are fine, I would say that I have 4 dreads that have thinned out.

Could other factors, such as diet,stress, etc,.. cause this? I should also add that the only time my dreads are washed is when I see my loctician
yikes well

wash your dreads ..dont go to a loctition..ever..theres no reason to

u shild be washing weekly at leasst

ok describe what he does to u in detail..did he tell u not to wash?
Continuing to see a loctician is at very least a waste of money..at most is destructive. If he's just washing and twisting I don't really see how that could cause the roots to be breaking unless you don't moisturize your hair.

Both diet and stress can cause your hair to start thinning along with pretty much anything else that causes hormonal changes.

Un!que said:
In fairness to my loctician, I really don't know what kind of method that he uses to do my dreads. I've done some reading on interlocking and I don't believe that is the process that used on me. The rest of my dreads are fine, I would say that I have 4 dreads that have thinned out.

Could other factors, such as diet,stress, etc,.. cause this? I should also add that the only time my dreads are washed is when I see my loctician
over twisting certainly can cause it too
once a dreads formed theres no reason to go on twisting
hes seen a lictician every 2 months for 3 years,.. that im 99% sure is the cause

whatever the loctition does combined with not washing (clogged pones caked ion dandruff etc)

i think u should call the loctition and find out exactly what he does (after washing your hair)
if the loctition told u not to wsash ..thats enough reason to never trust him (possibly enough reason to sue his ass too)


Spider Feet said:
Continuing to see a loctician is at very least a waste of money..at most is destructive. If he's just washing and twisting I don't really see how that could cause the roots to be breaking unless you don't moisturize your hair.

Both diet and stress can cause your hair to start thinning along with pretty much anything else that causes hormonal changes.

Un!que said:
In fairness to my loctician, I really don't know what kind of method that he uses to do my dreads. I've done some reading on interlocking and I don't believe that is the process that used on me. The rest of my dreads are fine, I would say that I have 4 dreads that have thinned out.

Could other factors, such as diet,stress, etc,.. cause this? I should also add that the only time my dreads are washed is when I see my loctician
Dreads are about freedom, let the "loctitcian" go, your dreads will thank you for it.
yea theres less then 1% of all loctitions in the world are worth going to....once... nit 1 is ever worth going back to after the 1st time

i can almost guarantee its the loctition causing the damage but u need to tell us exactly what was done to u
I know a girl who gets her locks shaved by a loctitian.

☮soaringeagleॐ said:
yea theres less then 1% of all loctitions in the world are worth going to....once... nit 1 is ever worth going back to after the 1st time

i can almost guarantee its the loctition causing the damage but u need to tell us exactly what was done to u

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom