please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

NaturalDreads01 replied to Jane DOe's discussion White sticky stuff inside dreadlocks :S
"Yeah.. This is also similar to what I am experiencing, that I posted about, about a month or so…"
3 hours ago

vip supporters
ZoeyRainsMom loved To Live Is To Dye's photo
3 hours ago

vip supporters
ZoeyRainsMom replied to Jane DOe's discussion White sticky stuff inside dreadlocks :S
"I have the same issue with my hair. My hair feels kinda sticky and there are some different kind of…"
3 hours ago

vip supporters
ZoeyRainsMom loved Katherine Davies's discussion New dreads :)
3 hours ago
Just Joy commented on Earth Goddess's photo
Thumbnail

3 week update

"LOVE! I'm with ya sister! 3w3days in. I feel like I have to separate the back of mine 2x a…"
6 hours ago
Just Joy posted photos
6 hours ago
Just Joy posted photos
6 hours ago
Naya Friel loved Pamela Isley's photo
7 hours ago
Naya Friel posted videos
7 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Fernando Junqueira's discussion DREADLOCKS ATTRACTING FLIES! WHAT SHOULD I DO
"what oils do u usewe u shouldf not use any anti redsidue  shampoos unless u are…"
8 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Fernando Junqueira
"welcome but the needle method shouldf never be useddon dreads i hope u threw the needle away a…"
8 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Fernando Junqueira's discussion DREADLOCKS ATTRACTING FLIES! WHAT SHOULD I DO
"1st guess uis u used honewy/"
8 hours ago

crafty crafters
Holly Lindsey loved NaturalDreads01's photo
8 hours ago
Fernando Junqueira replied to Cosmic Vagrant's discussion flies and lavender oil
"Does someone has a better answer than that? I'm having tha seman problem with flies and don`t…"
9 hours ago
Fernando Junqueira posted a discussion

DREADLOCKS ATTRACTING FLIES! WHAT SHOULD I DO

Hello guys! For several months i've been noticing that flies are being attracting to my…See More
9 hours ago
Profile IconFernando Junqueira, Rebecca Masta, Naya Friel and 4 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
9 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved To Live Is To Dye's photo
9 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved To Live Is To Dye's photo
9 hours ago

crafty crafters
To Live Is To Dye loved Earth Goddess's photo
9 hours ago

crafty crafters
To Live Is To Dye posted photos
9 hours ago

Hi, Hope this is the right place to post. I'm new here. so heres a little story how i came way to close to combing out my new dreads last night! (don't worry they are still safe)

So last night my sis in law and I we're looking through her wedding pics, i was made of honour and had very long dark brown curly hair. And I had that horrible feeling when I looked at the photo and said "I miss my long curlies" to which my bestie went on to say how beautiful my hair looked on the day.

I'm a bit impulsive and though for a brief second right thats it wheres the comb. But something made me wait. And now I wake up with my lil dreads still there and feeling happy about it now. I mean it was so tough seeing those pics, But I've chosen this journey to not be a slave to my image anymore and he identity i found in it. I cut my hair pretty short about 7mnths before dreading as I had a lot of comments about looking like someone famous even from strangers and it was kinda embarrassing as I actually like the actress! so off came the hairs. I am a drama student myself and have done some film work. But I know for a life choice as fun as it is, that is not the life I want to live. I want to train to be a drama therapist, and be a good steward in caring for the planet. And this set of dreads is  like me nailing my colours to the mast. 

This is my new image, as yes family and friends say the liked my curly hair better. But this is me now. 

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if you dont own a comb you have to buy 1 in or5der to comb them out that added delay maybe enough to come to your senses so ..throw all your combs away

SE this is a great idea! now I know what people mean when they say they throw away the combs literally. Thanks for your replies to my posts!

I'm glad to hear your dreadies are safe :-D. I'm glad I don't have that issue, I look at old pics of me and really don't miss my old hair. Plus I don't think I could ever comb mine out, one I don't own a comb and two I wouldn't have the heart to
Yea I know my hairs will look great and DO look great now. I do kinda wish I'd gone natural method to see what my crazy curls would have done. But tbh the little becombing I did do, they didn't even stick up that much and there comin all unraveled and going all curly which I love! I wonder if its possible to have curly dreads when they are mature. That would be cool. Thanks for posting, yours look great in your profile pic.
Thanks :-) I've seen pics where their dreads were curly but idk if they had curled them for something or if it was natural

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom