please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's discussion update on the new site
"added the link "
8 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Joel Straughan
"welcome how are u starting? freeform?"
11 minutes ago

bands and musicians
Meeoko replied to Meeoko's discussion Help - Underside of Dreads Greasy and Gross!
"Thanks Soaring Eagle, I'll definitely give it a try. Makes sense now that I think about it,…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconJoel Straughan and Benjamin Myers joined dreadlocks forums
2 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Meeoko's discussion Help - Underside of Dreads Greasy and Gross!
"wash hot runse cold..i mean cold as u can stand u can do a baking soda (no acv) soak every so often…"
2 hours ago

bands and musicians
Meeoko posted a discussion

Help - Underside of Dreads Greasy and Gross!

Hey all. I just wanted to know if anyone could suggest what to do for particularly greasy dreads on…See More
2 hours ago

vip supporters
Casey Fay replied to Ibe Reverie's discussion It's good to be back.
"   They look awesome!!! Keep going and go back to the liquid shampoo from Vicki's…"
3 hours ago

herbalists
Krystal Lucas posted photos
4 hours ago

herbalists
Krystal Lucas and Quillen are now friends
4 hours ago

herbalists
Ibe Reverie replied to Ibe Reverie's discussion It's good to be back.
"Yeah i've used the lockin up liquid shampoo before, but it's been like a year since…"
4 hours ago

Cayla Phillips just added their location.
(via Member Map)

6 hours ago

bands and musicians
FⒶSHIONABLE POVERTY replied to ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's discussion beautiful inspirational dreadlock pictures
"Tony Alva "
6 hours ago
Athena G loved ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's video
6 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Ibe Reverie's discussion It's good to be back.
"well the lockin up liquids got sea salt in the shampoo too thats why it makes it dread like crazy"
6 hours ago
Athena G loved Ibe Reverie's discussion It's good to be back.
7 hours ago
Athena G replied to Rude Bwoy's discussion Off topic rant. Need to vent...I swear I got the heart of Buddah and Dracula combined...
"Not settled, but once someone has decided to have that sort of outlook on things, there is no use…"
7 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Benjamin Myers
"welcome  you came to the right place! start by reading the dreadication page that has all the…"
7 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ loved ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's video
7 hours ago

dread gurus
7 hours ago

dread gurus
7 hours ago

I'm kinda afraid to sleep with a tam on because knowing how my hair knots I think when i wake up i would have a huge congo in the shape of my tam.

Views: 693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, you don't have to sleep in a tam if that's a worry, but juse separate them when you wake up if that's the case.

one night wont cause that much notting. youll dont have too worry that much

for some it wil,l some can form massive dreads in hours

theres no reason to sleep in 1

Andres said:

one night wont cause that much notting. youll dont have too worry that much

There really is no reason to because more than likely you'll wake up with it on the floor.. im not sure if it comes off on accident or if i throw it cause its so hot & uncomfortable :b

Not to mention that if you see that much knotting when you wake up without sleeping on one, why would you want to?  People think sleeping in a tam will speed up the progress.  But it sounds like you don't need any help

I used to sleep with a tam on. It was awesome but I don't think iit helped me out any. My dreads were kinda stuck together a little in the morning. Not too bad though. That said, the tam my head itch like crazy! If you want to sleep with something on your head to manage dreads, try a nice breathable scarf :). Its probably best not to sleep with anything on your head though. Just sayin :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom