please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

NaturalDreads01 updated their profile
4 hours ago
energyloop and Koko Earthling are now friends
6 hours ago
Profile IconLake Harvest, Derek sparks, Sissy MacK and 3 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
6 hours ago
Amanda Clouse replied to Tiny Turtle's discussion How often can I wash my hair
"Of course! Washing every other day is perfectly fine. That is how often I wash my baby dreads and…"
8 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 replied to Samantha Zimmerly's discussion Help
"for as early into the process as you are, it is totally normal. :D  "
10 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved Koko Earthling's photo
10 hours ago

bands and musicians
Samantha Zimmerly posted a discussion

Help

I've asked already about loose roots and know its normal, but the ones on my neckline have probably…See More
11 hours ago

vip supporters
Tiny Turtle replied to Tiny Turtle's discussion How often can I wash my hair
"Stick* not stuck. Lol."
11 hours ago

vip supporters
Tiny Turtle posted a discussion

How often can I wash my hair

I know you can wash fairly often, like twice a week... I've been trying to stuck to that. The thing…See More
11 hours ago

dread gurus
taye and Derek sparks are now friends
12 hours ago
Derek sparks left a comment for Derek sparks
"Need help. Growing my hair back out needing someone to lock it up in about 5-6 months. Help me out…"
13 hours ago
Derek sparks left a comment for taye
"Hello I live in Kingsport and wondering if you could give me advice on dreads! I tried to lock my…"
13 hours ago

dread gurus
taye posted a photo

New hairpin

Chris and Pedro from Artis Ignis made a special hairpin just to fit in my dreads!
17 hours ago

crafty crafters
Koko Earthling commented on Koko Earthling's photo
Thumbnail

Chillin' on this grey day

"Thank you dear :)"
17 hours ago

crafty crafters
Koko Earthling replied to Sissy MacK's discussion Just Wanted to Say "Hi."
"SAHM* "
17 hours ago

crafty crafters
Koko Earthling replied to Sissy MacK's discussion Just Wanted to Say "Hi."
"Perrrrfect ;)  What kind of fiber work do you do, Sissy?  Also, whats SAMH? :p Sorry if…"
17 hours ago

crafty crafters
Koko Earthling replied to Koko Earthling's discussion Methods for "tidying up" young dreads
"I know what you mean! Some people like my manager for example still  say theyre not real…"
18 hours ago
Sissy MacK commented on Koko Earthling's photo
18 hours ago
Sissy MacK replied to Sissy MacK's discussion Just Wanted to Say "Hi."
"The only soap I use is Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild...head to toe:-)  "
18 hours ago

crafty crafters
Koko Earthling replied to Samantha Zimmerly's discussion Day 3 and need advice.
"Yes, don't fret! Loose roots and loose ends are prevalent even in mature locks. Think of it…"
18 hours ago

its simple post pictures of your dreads including the methods you used any and all maintenance used and the approximate time since started or stage theyre in

mine i dont have any early on pics
so heres what i got

method natural aka neglect

maintenance only ripping to prevent congos (stopped that too a year ago)
time/stage 18-10 years very mature

now add yours
hoping this helps ppl choose the right methods for them

Tags: comparison, dreading, dreadlocks, maintenance, methods, photos, pics, pictures

Views: 25343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

c'mon ppl post your pics and methods
this can help lotta ppl visualize the stages they should expect based on the methods they choose
I have a whole blog www.mountainwillow.wordpress.com dedicated to my dreads stages & progression, from my neglect to t&r and then after the salon... and have waaaaay too many pics to post here.

Here's some pic's from tonight as promised all day almost 3 months old...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a pic from a few weeks ago showing the texture...

Photobucket

and now from tonight same dreads just shrunk more since I have got lax about palmrolling

Photobucket
willow your a hottie :)
but ok the 1st neglect pic was showing great progress fir juest 2 weeks
the twist n rip..sexy...they looked amazing
then the salon..
well they look..like dreads..lil too neat but u were worried biut your medical careeer so i understand..the texture just looks slightly off (for everyone else whos not aware they did a dread perm, barely but did use the harsh chems )
my only concern being that as they grow out there wilol be a texture difference
but they did hget the professional neatrness u wanted
probly a month longer after t& r tho woulda neatened em up alot just from tightrening
Thanks SE!
Yea I was horribly afraid of the judgement from medical staff as I am trying to maintain professionalism in the childbirth field. I loved the T&R.. They felt healthier than they do now after the harsh chemicals (word of advice), Dying or perming dreads will fry them!

I dont mind the difference in texture, except that they are not as healthy as they could be if I had left em alone but as they grow and dread on their own from here on out- I am certain they will go through many changes in texture but I will love them and their many phases and textures..

I havent seen any blogs with dread perm progressions (and I have googled hard looking for them) so I have no idea what they will look like as they age. (Which is one of the reasons why I started mine)Not to mention most of the pictures of dread perms I have seen look nothing like my dreads- usually the dread perms leave the hair in distinct spiral dreads. Mine not at all like that.

As far as the "fried dreads" its not as yummy as fried chicken believe me.. I keep a bottle of fennel tea in a sprayer to help condition and soften them babies, as well as when I wash them I rub a little aloe in them to quench their thirst a bit. No wax or other crazy money wasting stuff, just the basic natural stuff from nature to help bring em back to good health.
yea i havent seen any dread perm timelines cause i think theyre fairly rare..usualy a last resort option if hair just wont dread

funny thing is you wanna be a midwife
i think a midwife would be most respected if she was a totaly natural type barefoot bralesws unshaven no makeup dreads with ferns growin in um.. natural childbirth you want a natural practitioner not a sterile doctor in white coat
i think it wassnt so much your concern as the ppl around u projecting theyre concerns onto you and u buckling under the pressure
O & I wanted to add: After the salon, they looked more like dreads, but they were still pretty loose just like regular dreads except maybe a little tighter, I am noticing how much tighter they are now than when I first left the salon. So dreading whether you perm or not or salon or not still is a waiting game for them to mature. Salons only make them "appear" more mature than they are. Which was helpful for me though in my career. But for others who can get away with it, I recommend just going natural.
Crocheting method is the one that I use

Ok these are mine within the first hour, after I got them:

This was just taken when I saw Soaringeagle's Discussion:

first pic was day after sorta backcombing, 2nd was a month after and the last was today, 2 months. Have done nothing but rip apart the ones growing together, all in all, im pretty pleased
Attachments:
and one more just to see from the front
Attachments:
MW i love he dread 3rd picture down straight under the crease in your lips... the really squiggle one
we were just talking biut that dread
and it insoired the thread about "perfect dreads" and how jno matter how much u strive fior perfect dreads its the 1 crazy 1 that is totaly inperfect ..the weird whacky crazy 1 that ya klove the most

Kellye said:
MW i love he dread 3rd picture down straight under the crease in your lips... the really squiggle one
h

just another 1 closer lil more detailed
again right about the 18 year mark

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom