This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Profile IconJake redmon, Josh and Irah joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
2 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Josh's discussion Perming hair whilst I have dreads
"nice dreads but only seethe 1 pic if u can permjust the front not the dreads maybe its ok but perms…"
4 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Josh
4 hours ago
Sabrina Brown-Renne loved Donna's photo
4 hours ago
Sabrina Brown-Renne loved Donna's photo
5 hours ago
Sabrina Brown-Renne commented on Piawacket neurotic helms's photo
Thumbnail

three years and two months

"How do you deep them so neat??"
5 hours ago
Sabrina Brown-Renne loved Piawacket neurotic helms's photo
5 hours ago
Josh posted a discussion

Perming hair whilst I have dreads

Hi guys I'm new here and just a question about perming my hair whilst I had dreads Ive been growing…See More
6 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Irah
13 hours ago
Susan Diana updated their profile
15 hours ago

crafty crafters
Ixchel posted photos
16 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Susan Diana
"congrats always amazing when u find your 1st dread huh"
17 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ posted a discussion

locticians using traction alopecia as an advertisment

we all know the statistics, 40% of all african americans get traction alopecia, 95% who call…See More
17 hours ago
Susan Diana left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"So sorry I'm responding so after the fact but I just today (tonight actually 11:09 pm…"
17 hours ago

vip supporters
ZoeyRainsMom loved Panga's photo
20 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Gypsy Vin Rose
"sure will been hoping it would be back there the last 5 years"
20 hours ago

bands and musicians
Gypsy Vin Rose left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Vermont would be beautiful for a summer gathering.  I will cross my fingers.  :  )"
21 hours ago

crafty crafters
Shanara Jasmine loved Shanara Jasmine's profile
21 hours ago
Melissa loved Panga's photo
21 hours ago
Piawacket neurotic helms loved flowerchild's photo
23 hours ago

its simple post pictures of your dreads including the methods you used any and all maintenance used and the approximate time since started or stage theyre in

mine i dont have any early on pics
so heres what i got

method natural aka neglect

maintenance only ripping to prevent congos (stopped that too a year ago)
time/stage 18-10 years very mature

now add yours
hoping this helps ppl choose the right methods for them

Tags: comparison, dreading, dreadlocks, maintenance, methods, photos, pics, pictures

Views: 25734

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

c'mon ppl post your pics and methods
this can help lotta ppl visualize the stages they should expect based on the methods they choose
I have a whole blog www.mountainwillow.wordpress.com dedicated to my dreads stages & progression, from my neglect to t&r and then after the salon... and have waaaaay too many pics to post here.

Here's some pic's from tonight as promised all day almost 3 months old...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a pic from a few weeks ago showing the texture...

Photobucket

and now from tonight same dreads just shrunk more since I have got lax about palmrolling

Photobucket
willow your a hottie :)
but ok the 1st neglect pic was showing great progress fir juest 2 weeks
the twist n rip..sexy...they looked amazing
then the salon..
well they look..like dreads..lil too neat but u were worried biut your medical careeer so i understand..the texture just looks slightly off (for everyone else whos not aware they did a dread perm, barely but did use the harsh chems )
my only concern being that as they grow out there wilol be a texture difference
but they did hget the professional neatrness u wanted
probly a month longer after t& r tho woulda neatened em up alot just from tightrening
Thanks SE!
Yea I was horribly afraid of the judgement from medical staff as I am trying to maintain professionalism in the childbirth field. I loved the T&R.. They felt healthier than they do now after the harsh chemicals (word of advice), Dying or perming dreads will fry them!

I dont mind the difference in texture, except that they are not as healthy as they could be if I had left em alone but as they grow and dread on their own from here on out- I am certain they will go through many changes in texture but I will love them and their many phases and textures..

I havent seen any blogs with dread perm progressions (and I have googled hard looking for them) so I have no idea what they will look like as they age. (Which is one of the reasons why I started mine)Not to mention most of the pictures of dread perms I have seen look nothing like my dreads- usually the dread perms leave the hair in distinct spiral dreads. Mine not at all like that.

As far as the "fried dreads" its not as yummy as fried chicken believe me.. I keep a bottle of fennel tea in a sprayer to help condition and soften them babies, as well as when I wash them I rub a little aloe in them to quench their thirst a bit. No wax or other crazy money wasting stuff, just the basic natural stuff from nature to help bring em back to good health.
yea i havent seen any dread perm timelines cause i think theyre fairly rare..usualy a last resort option if hair just wont dread

funny thing is you wanna be a midwife
i think a midwife would be most respected if she was a totaly natural type barefoot bralesws unshaven no makeup dreads with ferns growin in um.. natural childbirth you want a natural practitioner not a sterile doctor in white coat
i think it wassnt so much your concern as the ppl around u projecting theyre concerns onto you and u buckling under the pressure
O & I wanted to add: After the salon, they looked more like dreads, but they were still pretty loose just like regular dreads except maybe a little tighter, I am noticing how much tighter they are now than when I first left the salon. So dreading whether you perm or not or salon or not still is a waiting game for them to mature. Salons only make them "appear" more mature than they are. Which was helpful for me though in my career. But for others who can get away with it, I recommend just going natural.
Crocheting method is the one that I use

Ok these are mine within the first hour, after I got them:

This was just taken when I saw Soaringeagle's Discussion:

first pic was day after sorta backcombing, 2nd was a month after and the last was today, 2 months. Have done nothing but rip apart the ones growing together, all in all, im pretty pleased
Attachments:
and one more just to see from the front
Attachments:
MW i love he dread 3rd picture down straight under the crease in your lips... the really squiggle one
we were just talking biut that dread
and it insoired the thread about "perfect dreads" and how jno matter how much u strive fior perfect dreads its the 1 crazy 1 that is totaly inperfect ..the weird whacky crazy 1 that ya klove the most

Kellye said:
MW i love he dread 3rd picture down straight under the crease in your lips... the really squiggle one
h

just another 1 closer lil more detailed
again right about the 18 year mark

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom