please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

bands and musicians
Michael John Heath replied to Michael John Heath's discussion Nice smelling hair
"Sounds good thankyou.. Don't know why I haven't been to that site before :)"
1 hour ago
NaturalDreads01 replied to Michael John Heath's discussion Nice smelling hair
"You could use the shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com.. Could switch between that and the BS.."
2 hours ago
Agota Urbikaite replied to Agota Urbikaite's discussion my 1 year natural timeline :)
"yeah i love them too :) thank youu :) "
2 hours ago
Agota Urbikaite replied to Agota Urbikaite's discussion my 1 year natural timeline :)
"thank youu! :) at the start i separated them every week, then i did a bit less, like maybe every…"
2 hours ago

bands and musicians
Michael John Heath posted a discussion

Nice smelling hair

Hello all, has anyone got any good tips to make the hair smell nice at the same time not interfere…See More
3 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 commented on Anisa Etemadi's photo
Thumbnail

Photo on 7-28-14 at 9.44 PM

"Your locks are amazing! :D  Wishing you much love, peace, health and wealth! :D "
4 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 left a comment for Jah Bless
"Ok.. I saw a few questions you had in chat.. Yes, there is some leeway for the thickness.. But it…"
4 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 commented on Jah Bless's photo
Thumbnail

canvas marley

"Did you paint this?  I love the brush stroke textures in it. :D  "
4 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved Anisa Etemadi's photo
4 hours ago
Anisa Etemadi posted a photo
5 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 replied to Agota Urbikaite's discussion my 1 year natural timeline :)
"I agree with Laura.. :D  "
7 hours ago
Brittany Goeden loved Valystra Jae's discussion My introduction and dreadlock timeline!! :) UPDATED
9 hours ago
Brittany Goeden loved Agota Urbikaite's discussion my 1 year natural timeline :)
9 hours ago
Laura Breitenbach commented on Holly Lindsey's blog post Nine Month Dread Update! Whoo!!
"It's inspiring to see such fast progress, especially since your hair looks like a similar hair…"
9 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 said
"Alright.. I think I'm going to be uploading some pics sometime within the next couple of days.. Not sure how good the quality is going to be"
9 hours ago
Laura Breitenbach replied to Agota Urbikaite's discussion my 1 year natural timeline :)
"Very cool! Dread timelines are my favorite, and it's hard to find people who did it without…"
9 hours ago
Laura Breitenbach loved Agota Urbikaite's discussion my 1 year natural timeline :)
9 hours ago
Laura Breitenbach loved Valystra Jae's discussion My introduction and dreadlock timeline!! :) UPDATED
9 hours ago

crafty crafters
Valystra Jae replied to Valystra Jae's discussion My introduction and dreadlock timeline!! :) UPDATED
"Bumping cause i updated! :)"
10 hours ago
Jimmy DC commented on Holly Lindsey's blog post Nine Month Dread Update! Whoo!!
"That's awesome! those are great beads as well. Those before-after pics are great. Good luck on…"
10 hours ago

soooo iv had my dreads for about 2 ys now and a few of them are really hard and i always wondered why...i finally cut into them to find this..

just wanted to show anyone who is thinking about using wax...

IV DONE THE BS VINEGER BODY SPLASH WASH A FEW TIMES DOESNT SEEM TO WORK...MAYB BC MY DREADS R SO THICK??

ALSO IS IT HARMFUL TO MY HAIR HOW I CUT IT?

Views: 3423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ewww wow

i would try the wax b gone  from www.dreadlockshampoo.com id use it several times

IS ME CUTTING THE OUTSIDE LIKE THAT HARMFUL?

well its hard to see how deep u cut  but yea ofcourse cutting into the dreads going to cut alotta hairs  its probably no mor harmful then crocheting that section  tho.. your dreads pretty damn fat so its not likely to make it break or anything

the thickness of them doesnt help that makes it extra hard to get out

Wow. How long were you using the wax for? Man, that's crazy. It's too bad that these wax horror stories won't even change many people's minds about using wax, cos they tend to assume those people just used too much, but...all wax is hard to get out, so you'll still be stuck with it. But yeah, try the wax removal thing definitely, there was someone who made a discussion testing it out on beeswax (I think) and it worked well, so that'd be your best shot.

aw man bad luck , u had some great locks too such a shame ,

You could also try Vitamin C tablets crushed up and mixed with a little hot water, when it mixed it should be the consistency of a thin jelly. put it all over, with a plastic bag on top and sit in the sun for about an hour. This mixture will remove any kind of mineral build-up (well water, chlorine pool water, etc). I've not tried it for wax removal, but it's totally worth a try. Your locks are super thick though so I'd maybe leave it on longer then an hour.

the wax remover will help beeswax is extra hard to remove and it got it out in like 3 or 4 aapplications sincxe yours seems kinda thick and heavy buildup it probly could use a dozen applications to be extra sure u gert it

How long did you use wax? I heard asked once before me.

yea i deff am not going to cut it off.

i used not even half a pinch on each dread and i used 4 mayb about 2 weeks and after that id always use the mango n lime gel all the time on it

probly a combo of both i think that gel might contain wax too but ive definateky seen it build up

we had 1 join whos dreadrs looked white  like they were going grey but it was all buildup of 1 wax use then years of the mango lime stuff

can u afford the wax b gone? if not let me know i'll get it for ya i think that and the soap then do a anti residue we should be able to get it all

nicole hernandez said:

yea i deff am not going to cut it off.

i used not even half a pinch on each dread and i used 4 mayb about 2 weeks and after that id always use the mango n lime gel all the time on it

Can you take more clear pics? I'm really curious as to what the inside looks like.

i have to say, i'm usually not into phat locks, but yours look awesome.

Best of luck cleaning them up!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom