please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar


please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity


dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's discussion new sites ready for early resting
"Litle delay in finishing the site.. My pc is dead hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow cause if not…"
21 minutes ago
Samantha Schnaiter replied to Samantha Schnaiter's discussion Flaky scalp, help!
"Thank you!"
27 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Samantha Schnaiter's discussion Flaky scalp, help!
"Yea but if dreads are young use with care"
28 minutes ago

dread gurus
taye replied to Diana lorenzana's discussion Aloe
"Aloe is a moisturizer. It will not help them lock. "
31 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to JollyStunts's discussion Hey! I'm the guy who's waxy lock you see in the dreadwax removal section
"Welcome back try look sooooo much better already"
42 minutes ago
JollyStunts's discussion was featured

Hey! I'm the guy who's waxy lock you see in the dreadwax removal section

Hey whats up everybody! Glad to see this website is still very much alive and kicking :D. So much…See More
49 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for JollyStunts
"Welcome"
53 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Azzurra Toscani
"Welcome but what do you mean you don't know"
55 minutes ago
Samantha Schnaiter posted photos
55 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Thats Classy
"Welcome"
58 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Megan Nassir
"Welcome back In a few weeks well have a whole new site with shops built in to every profile"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Megan Nassir
"Welcome back In a few weeks well have a whole new site with shops built in to every profile"
1 hour ago
Samantha Schnaiter replied to Samantha Schnaiter's discussion Flaky scalp, help!
"I never use hot water. Always take warm or cool showers. I further investigated it and I found out…"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Samantha Zimmerly
"Welcome your dreads we doing just fine ....just stop worrying"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Lynn Hodges
"Welcome"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for kayne
"Welcome. Before you start read the dreaducation page"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for energyloop
"Welcome Before you stat be sure to read the dreaducation page"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Samantha Schnaiter's discussion Flaky scalp, help!
"Www.dreadlockshampo.com theatre rosemary and stop usi g hot water"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Samantha Schnaiter
"Welcome"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Sissy MacK
"Welcome looks like your off to a great start!"
1 hour ago
Bless up everybody! My name is Andre' aka Drebeats. I've started to let my hair grow and no more haircuts on sept13th. I only wash my hair daily since then with just water. I've been towel rubbing my hair. My hair is very low since I last cut it over 2 weeks ago very low. I've been cutting my hair very low to none for years but now I will set myself free and my hair by the way of natural freeforming via towel rub. No shampoos or wax or gels etc. Just been washing my hair with water and drying/towel rubbing. Any info or tip shared is gratefully appreciate. I have some questions on ho
w long I should be rubbing and when? Morning? Night? Both? All day? ;) I've been rubbing in the morning for a few mins and at night but tend to thru out the day rub my head/hair clockwise with the palm of my hand! Lol. I feel the texture changing daily and my hair feeling more waving and tiny stubs not forming yet but feel them again my hair is still like a 1/4 inch high... If that! Light and guidance is appreciated. One Love! RASPEKT!

Views: 4203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i would bnot bother rubbing at all your only going to create a knbotty ness  as in a general knottyness all over that then needs to be ripped into dreads which u dont have long enough hair to rip apaert so u can end up with just a huge dread

stop rubbing start washing

u want to wash art least weekly just with a dread freindly soap or the baking soda deep cleanse

clean hair dreads best

 

so just wash and wait and watch it dread as it f=grows

 

Thank you! Yes I wasnt sure if starting this early is better for separation of baby dreads to grow but I was mistaken. I guess... But that's why I'm here is to learn apply and grow like my dreads. Thank you for your advice and I will stop rubbing and continue to wash my hair and use BS. As my hair grows I will reach out...so my hair should just start to dread on it's own and then I should towel rub? At what length would u advise I start towel rubbing!
So is daily water washing good and once weekly deep BS cleanse good? Or should I not wash with water so much and just BS cleanse weekly? RASPEKT!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

i would bnot bother rubbing at all your only going to create a knbotty ness  as in a general knottyness all over that then needs to be ripped into dreads which u dont have long enough hair to rip apaert so u can end up with just a huge dread

stop rubbing start washing

u want to wash art least weekly just with a dread freindly soap or the baking soda deep cleanse

clean hair dreads best

 

so just wash and wait and watch it dread as it f=grows

 

theres never any reason to towel rub..at all

u can do daily watter but dont gotta  when they dread u wont want to wet enm every day so might as well ge used to every 2 or 3 days

as they grow they will just dread they may (probably will) try to grow together or congo and look something like this

if you dont want them all growing together then start seperating as they start to (rastas generaly let the dreads dread any ol way they want even if they get 1 huge dread)

seperating is kinda recomended if your not vow bound to leave em be completely cause too thick can cause painful yuneven pulling  can take days to dry and be hard to clean

 

so as it dreads u can choose to seperate so they dont combine

u can let some combine to thicken yup keeping in mind they do thucken as tghey mature so judge the finnished size by the area of the roots coming from the scalp

so if u have a 1/2 inch dread the roots are an inch and that combines with another the same size the result will be eventualy almost as thick as your wrist

 

Thank you brother! Very helpful and guidance for me. I do want natural with no additives ;) and yes! I do not want to Congo my dreads and I will separate as the grow... I've been reading and looking up natural methods and I thought towel rubbing was the way to have them start to grow separate but I guess naturally they do an as roots,which they are they will tend to want to join and Congo naturally with the surrounding ones. But I will separate as they grow. I will wash my head 2-3days apart and implement the BS cleanse weekly! I will maintain the link and share throughout my journey and others! This site is great.. I feel so much more comfort more than ever in my decision... Much love and thanks brethren! RASPEKT!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

theres never any reason to towel rub..at all

u can do daily watter but dont gotta  when they dread u wont want to wet enm every day so might as well ge used to every 2 or 3 days

as they grow they will just dread they may (probably will) try to grow together or congo and look something like this

if you dont want them all growing together then start seperating as they start to (rastas generaly let the dreads dread any ol way they want even if they get 1 huge dread)

seperating is kinda recomended if your not vow bound to leave em be completely cause too thick can cause painful yuneven pulling  can take days to dry and be hard to clean

 

so as it dreads u can choose to seperate so they dont combine

u can let some combine to thicken yup keeping in mind they do thucken as tghey mature so judge the finnished size by the area of the roots coming from the scalp

so if u have a 1/2 inch dread the roots are an inch and that combines with another the same size the result will be eventualy almost as thick as your wrist

 

I'm back :)... Just wanted to ask now I'm abandoning the towel rub and strictly washing 2-3days and cleansing BS at least once a week. Now when I dry my hair with a towel i shouldn't be concerned with clockwise rub and so on right? I should just dry my hair in any direction?  Just want to gain knowledge and grow from here! Thanks!

Andre' said:
Thank you brother! Very helpful and guidance for me. I do want natural with no additives ;) and yes! I do not want to Congo my dreads and I will separate as the grow... I've been reading and looking up natural methods and I thought towel rubbing was the way to have them start to grow separate but I guess naturally they do an as roots,which they are they will tend to want to join and Congo naturally with the surrounding ones. But I will separate as they grow. I will wash my head 2-3days apart and implement the BS cleanse weekly! I will maintain the link and share throughout my journey and others! This site is great.. I feel so much more comfort more than ever in my decision... Much love and thanks brethren! RASPEKT!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

theres never any reason to towel rub..at all

u can do daily watter but dont gotta  when they dread u wont want to wet enm every day so might as well ge used to every 2 or 3 days

as they grow they will just dread they may (probably will) try to grow together or congo and look something like this

if you dont want them all growing together then start seperating as they start to (rastas generaly let the dreads dread any ol way they want even if they get 1 huge dread)

seperating is kinda recomended if your not vow bound to leave em be completely cause too thick can cause painful yuneven pulling  can take days to dry and be hard to clean

 

so as it dreads u can choose to seperate so they dont combine

u can let some combine to thicken yup keeping in mind they do thucken as tghey mature so judge the finnished size by the area of the roots coming from the scalp

so if u have a 1/2 inch dread the roots are an inch and that combines with another the same size the result will be eventualy almost as thick as your wrist

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom