please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

vip supporters
Love Unlimited loved BeauZay's photo
29 minutes ago
Reberus loved Gilly's Mum's discussion Gilly's Mum Said "NO!"
2 hours ago
Laura Breitenbach replied to Laura Breitenbach's discussion Hello, there! Starting my first dreads the natural way :)
"Thanks, Dragonfly! I took a look at your photos. Yours seem to be going well :) I'll admit,…"
2 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved BeauZay's photo
4 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved Ricky Mercado's discussion 2 years TnR/neglet dreadlocks
4 hours ago
Courtney updated their profile
4 hours ago
Icky loved Ricky Mercado's discussion 2 years TnR/neglet dreadlocks
7 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ and An Nguyen are now friends
11 hours ago

herbalists
Joseph loved ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's discussion dreaducation, comprehensive guide to all things dready
11 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Joseph's discussion Hello friends :)
"welcome sounds like u know what u need to do but u need a c9oiuple more inches too wich takes a…"
11 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Joseph
"welcome"
11 hours ago
Jade updated their profile
12 hours ago

herbalists
Joseph posted a discussion

Hello friends :)

Hey all,My name is Joseph, and I'm new to this community. I've intended to dread my hair for quite…See More
13 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved Troy Buckley's photo
13 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved KnottyJulius's photo
13 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved Dave Thorn's photo
13 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved noah guy's photo
13 hours ago
Profile IconJoseph, Courtney, Fezzy and 2 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
13 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved BeauZay's photo
13 hours ago
Matt Thomas Black loved noah guy's photo
13 hours ago

So I found this soap in an Ethiopian store, it was $5.00 but looked well worth it. Here's whats in it...

Ingredients: African Shea Butter, Aloe, Wheat Bran, Crushed Almonds, Essential Oil Blend, Soaps of Coconut and Palm, Iron Oxides, Vitamin E, Almond Oil, Peppermint Oil, Baking Soda.

100% Vegetarian soap

I just tried this soap for the first time and cannot believe how healthy, clean, and soft my hair is. Plenty of dirt came out even though I had a good wash a couple days ago. I washed my hair twice and let the soap soak in, allowing the baking soda to do its job :) Everything about this soap is positive, I just had to share it with my dread family. Heres a link to where you can get some, the official website for "Nubian Heritage" is down, but you can still find their products on Amazon.

I truly believe EVERYONE will love this soap :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E0QI8S/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?p...

Tags: best, dread, ever, shampoo

Views: 302

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh boy I used to be a huge Nubian Heritage soap fan.  I used to buy it in Harlem and get six bars for ten dollars and some free incense.  I went to the actuall nubian heritage store in Jamaica Queens and they are very helpful, and the bars are 3 dollars each.

That soap did total wonders on my skin but when I moved I was a bit miffed because other places sold the soap for ridiculously high prices. If you go to a mom and pop beauty store they sell varied kinds for 3-5 dollars a bar.  I never thought of trying that on my hair!  If I could remember which brand did wonders for my skin.  I remember it had wildflower bits and came in a brownish box.  By the way they sell liquid soap too.

lil warning its mostly shae and other conditioners it would be disasterouse to use on new non africaf draeads for african and mature dreads im sure its awesome but would not try it on young dreads

In what ways SE? And what should one look for before it becomes disastrous?

i mean its mostly conditioners so it would prevent or reverse progresss and  what would you look for  them coming completely untangled

once thwyre mature its probly fine to use  every so often when u need conditioning maybe everytime if u tend to be really dry

bu t b4 theyre a year old that will loosen 4em up alot maybe nmake em fall apart depending how far along u are

SE has a point.  I use that stuff for acne, I have never heard of it being used for hair.  But they do sell liquid soap so maybe that won't have as much butters and oils.

To be honest I have actually been getting into making my own soap.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom