please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Michael John Heath's discussion Hello
"just a tip  dont wear the tam nonstop they gootta be free to hang and move"
16 minutes ago

bands and musicians
Michael John Heath replied to Michael John Heath's discussion Hello
"thankyou :D"
32 minutes ago
NaturalDreads01 replied to Michael John Heath's discussion Hello
"Wonderful!!  :D  We're happy to have you as part of our community!.. If you have any…"
41 minutes ago
NaturalDreads01 loved Michael John Heath's discussion Hello
42 minutes ago

bands and musicians
Michael John Heath posted a discussion

Hello

Hi all just introducing myself. My name is Michael, it's been 1 month since I've stopped combing my…See More
47 minutes ago
Chelle posted a photo
1 hour ago

bands and musicians
HippieMama updated their profile
1 hour ago

bands and musicians
HippieMama loved KnottyJulius's photo
1 hour ago
Profile IconLauryn Dowding and space_monster joined ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's group
Thumbnail

earthlings against borders

borders are imaginary lines drawn in the sand that separate man from man dividing us into them and…See More
4 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved Radiantwild's photo
4 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Zach Hersey's discussion Considering wax or something to help my dreads..
"dont let ppl with fake  dreads tell u whatnyour dreads should look like theres nothing wrong…"
4 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Zach Hersey's discussion Considering wax or something to help my dreads..
"they look perfectoy fine  if the big lumps youre worry dont its =fine but the nmax u want to…"
4 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Serenity McC
"welcome"
4 hours ago
Profile IconSerenity McC, Radiantwild and Jaime joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
4 hours ago

crafty crafters
Radiantwild replied to Zach Hersey's discussion Considering wax or something to help my dreads..
"Looks like you wanna loosen em up somehow and let them re-work? I dunno. Got a whole head shot?"
4 hours ago

crafty crafters
Radiantwild replied to Lisa Wade's discussion dyeing dreads
"Depends on what you're doing. I know with bleaching if you do little at a time, a few times…"
4 hours ago

crafty crafters
Radiantwild posted photos
4 hours ago
Zach Hersey replied to Zach Hersey's discussion Considering wax or something to help my dreads..
"it's been a year, they already seem somewhat ruined "
5 hours ago
Zach Hersey replied to Zach Hersey's discussion Considering wax or something to help my dreads..
5 hours ago

crafty crafters
Radiantwild commented on Ixchel's photo
Thumbnail

<3

"Beautimus"
5 hours ago

Hello to everyone :)

First a BIG THANK YOU to Soaring Eagle and this community for helping guide me from my waxy salon dreads to my now wax-free natural ones. I am on my first week wax-free. I wanted to post a bit about my journey, including photos which I hope you can see.

The first photo is what they looked like waxy. Twisted and sticky. I was smiling here, sure - but I felt really really gross and unnatural with my hair all waxed and gross.

Then on the 2nd day of having waxy head hell, I soaked my head in a gallon of distilled pure white vinegar, then washed them vigorously with dish soap several times. I got *most* of the wax out. I believe 80% of it. Wax is VERY HARD to get out. I cannot feel any of it in my hair anymore.

After de-waxing, my hair was a big mess, but was already starting to dread, and I continued to help it along for the first couple days by making sure they were not dreading together, etc. I have long fine straight hair. They had a head start from the salon's vigorous back-combing, so the dreads were still partially intact after de-waxing. I have a lot of loose hair and natural chaos going on, but it is getting there. I am very happy.

I now have washed them for the first time with the Bucks County Just 4 Dreads Shampoo, which you can find on this site. The last 2 photos are what my dreads look like now:

they are on their way. NO MORE WAX. WAX IS AWFUL!!!!

Tags: baby, dewax, long, natural, new, recovered, salon, shampoo, straight, vinegar, More…wash, washing, wax

Views: 4095

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dreads take time  they always start out thin and thicken up

u got to see ther big picture

and send the kit back and get a refunbd

you wont itch if u dont use all that crap

get the teatree rosemary bar from www.dreadlockshampoo.com and the wax remover thats all u need

or u can comb em out and start over when u m=know the wax is gone

the teaas are useless and way way way over priced arent they like 4 bucks for 1 teabag?

all you ever needed was ..soap

thats all

now u can join the dread kit victims group thast i added last week

you should have asked ppl here about the kits b4 u wasted all that money

and read outr free dread kit page

dreads dont come from a box

thry come from living outside the box

oh

and look at hummingbird love gorrillas pics  and karma janes and what about naturelovers big ol fatties

but keep in mind fat dreads are harder to CARE FOR HARDER TO CLEAN  MORE LIKELY TO MOLD  AND..WAX IN FAT DREADS MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE TIO REMOVE EVEN WITH THE BEST STUFF ON EARTH

thanks for the help

but i'm not a victim by any means  , i'm totally in control

prob won't use wax like i said now  prob just gonna let my hair knot up since it's already sectioned

i had 3 month old natural dreads and didn't like them so i took them out and waited a few months and put these in  1 1/2" x 1 1/2" sections

if you want thick dreads just dont seperate em as much andu wil get thick dreads

but like i said thick dreads are extra hard to care for\

you will have to wash way less

you will have to be extra careful about drying

swimming all thge time would be out of the questin so would living somewhere like oregon that rains moree often then not

this is my best friend

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/ChevelleTrant

let me tell ya the story of her dreads

she wanted dreads  badly and after we met she asked like 500 ppl to help her dread

then we went to a rainbow gathering (same way my dreads started) but while there she asked dozens to help her dread all said yes but none got around to it..after 2 weeks in thye woods she had 4 or 5 scraggly dreads

she did have 5 or 6 ppl each start 1 dread each  just for the memory of it..grandpa woodstock rubbed a rock on her head then rolled it it wa ty=he woodstock rock and roll method..haha anyway she had like 12 scraggly thin weak looking dreads and alot of waist length hair a month later had like 40 or so they gobbled eachother up and now shes got 18 fatties

and like me all she did was spend a few weeks in the woods

you wasted 150 dollars on crap thats going in the trash hows that not a victim?

your natural dreads would have ti[urned out way way better if u gave em time

Find more videos like this on dreadlocks forums

se how scraggly his were at 3 months and how fat they are now?

1 1/2  is going to be too big

if 2 congo your in trouble

u cant always avoid congos

Dusty Ray Jaco said:

thanks for the help

but i'm not a victim by any means  , i'm totally in control

prob won't use wax like i said now  prob just gonna let my hair knot up since it's already sectioned

i had 3 month old natural dreads and didn't like them so i took them out and waited a few months and put these in  1 1/2" x 1 1/2" sections

woah those dreads are pretty awesome   idk if i want mine that thick but those are really nice

well i can make one fifty in one night      i just have to wait for nature to take cycles of life         besides i'll still use the shampoo for a while  i'll try em out      i washed my hair with dreadhead hq soap before i redreaded my hair and my straight hair  knotted up all over just within 24 hours, i had to struggle to get it all comed out

Wow!  That video is great!  I love seeing the evolution of 1 year all at once and it really puts perspective on the process.

yours will be thicker if u keep the 1 1/2 inch sections the biggest u should go is 1 inch

a 1 inch dreads pretty damn fat

and dreadheadhq shampoo will fry your hair and scalp  and can cause  balding even..its very harsh  chemicals

well if you dont mind wasting 150 on craop u dont need why aere yu reluctant to spend 12 that will save yoir dreads from the wax? but really since your just 4 days in your best bet is to comb em out   and start over wax free  ..naturally or not burt with 1 inch max sections

We Love You from Jonathan Kalafer on Vimeo.

this is the "dread kit" me and chevy used u will see a  hell of alotta dreads in this and all the gathering vids

they all look awesome abnd i guarantee that  at least 99% are neglect..just happened from being there

no expence no products just wind rain ..and a irie vibe

The way to look at the conflicting opinions you've read about is to see it like this: a website made by a guy selling products to people versus a social networking kind of website designed to be an online community for people with dreads to share advice and help and support. No products being pushed here, nor any money to be made from telling people not to use wax. So what's the more reliable website? No-one here has any agenda or anything to personally gain from telling people not to use wax. Not to mention, SE has had his dreads for over 20 years, and his are completely natural. If you meet a person with nice, healthy-looking dreads who's had them for 20 years and used wax, then wax can be re-considered, but til then, that's all the evidence you need to show that hair can dread and stay dreaded.

Also, yeah a lot of the people giving advice are not very long into the dreading process themselves, myself included, but that doesn't mean anything. You don't have to have mature dreads that you, as an individual, think look good to have knowledge on the topic. I've learned a huge amount of info during the nine months of dreading just by being on this site, and since many members here started out using harmful methods, they actually have the personal experience that other people on here will not have.

They look so great now!

I hung out with a chick the over the weekend who used wax and she said the wax got all over everything.  she showed me a picture of some guy with 'dreads' here and he uses wax.  dude his hair looked like hard spider legs, it just didn't look normal, really like spiky spider legs.  it totally threw me off wanting my dreads to be waxy.

this chick tells me it's  not okay to scratch my scalp with a pic to just leave it alone which is nearly impossible  she also told me not to wash my hair for like a month or a week, and i've read what ppl say on here about all that.   but do you think scratching my scalp will loosen the locking process

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom