please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar


please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Jah-Jah Warrior posted a photo

2 years journey

Wash n separate
1 hour ago

vip supporters
☮MamaKittyLove commented on ☮MamaKittyLove's photo
Thumbnail

3m2w6d

"Thank you @ZoeyRainsMom <3 :)"
3 hours ago

vip supporters
ZoeyRainsMom commented on ☮MamaKittyLove's photo
Thumbnail

3m2w6d

"Your hair is locking up fast! Beautiful"
4 hours ago

vip supporters
ZoeyRainsMom loved ☮MamaKittyLove's photo
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
Gypsy Vin Rose commented on Gypsy Vin Rose's photo
Thumbnail

Baby Dreads

"I'm going on--guesstimating--about 2 months of total neglect now.  Even though I had a…"
4 hours ago

bands and musicians
Gypsy Vin Rose replied to Gypsy Vin Rose's discussion Grand-Mommy Has Dreads!
"Taye...your dreads look great, from what I can see  in your pic!  Your hair looks really…"
4 hours ago

vip supporters
☮MamaKittyLove posted a photo

3m2w6d

I still cannot believe that only 3 months of not combing my hair has given me this head of…
5 hours ago

herbalists
Janus Dousas updated their profile
5 hours ago

bands and musicians
Nick D updated their profile
11 hours ago

bands and musicians
Nick D posted a discussion

Dreadlocks and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with dreadlocks and BJJ. Clean mats tend…See More
14 hours ago
Paul L. loved smoke's photo
17 hours ago
Paul L. loved smoke's photo
17 hours ago
CHRISS loved CHRISS's profile
19 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Swanyeh
"welcome but be careful withj those products some contain  petroleum plastic and wax  i…"
19 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Rebecca Masta
"in soft (not siftened) water yes but has to be diluted 12 times more water  in hard water no…"
19 hours ago

crafty crafters
To Live Is To Dye loved Frida Lindgren's photo
22 hours ago

bands and musicians
Jessica Reyes loved To Live Is To Dye's photo
22 hours ago
Allan loved Frida Lindgren's photo
22 hours ago
Profile IconSwanyeh and Fernandreads joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
22 hours ago
Rebecca Masta left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"that makes sense. would dr bronners be good?"
22 hours ago
WTF I thought they were safe to wash after a week

Views: 942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they are but

1 how did u wash

2 with what

3 define "ruined"

4 twists are nort dreads they have to become dreads over time loosened twists can dread  right up  if left alone o dread

 

I washed with suave clarifying shampoo I pretty much just poured on and rinsed

☮soaringeagleॐ said:

they are but

1 how did u wash

2 with what

3 define "ruined"

4 twists are nort dreads they have to become dreads over time loosened twists can dread  right up  if left alone o dread

 

And by ruined I mean they un- raveled and poofed up

☮soaringeagleॐ said:

they are but

1 how did u wash

2 with what

3 define "ruined"

4 twists are nort dreads they have to become dreads over time loosened twists can dread  right up  if left alone o dread

 

thats good now heycan drad  just leave em alone dont touch em  sleep on em  wash weekly

twists aere not dreads  dreads always loosen before dreading  dreads take months the only thing wiorth doing is washing

suave clarifying is not the best tho

 

Yea I kno but it's the best thing available for me cuz I can't use baking soda

☮soaringeagleॐ said:

thats good now heycan drad  just leave em alone dont touch em  sleep on em  wash weekly

twists aere not dreads  dreads always loosen before dreading  dreads take months the only thing wiorth doing is washing

suave clarifying is not the best tho

 

I may have panicked too soon as they dry most of the twist are returning

Miko said:
Yea I kno but it's the best thing available for me cuz I can't use baking soda

☮soaringeagleॐ said:

thats good now heycan drad  just leave em alone dont touch em  sleep on em  wash weekly

twists aere not dreads  dreads always loosen before dreading  dreads take months the only thing wiorth doing is washing

suave clarifying is not the best tho

 

omg                                    my dreads are clean help hahaha

 

dont worry they do get looer b4 they get tighter but being clean will help em dread right up

 

 

y cant u use bakigsoda?

 

the 1st 1-3 months maty seemlike backwards progress  but it all leads to dreads  they loosen  up alot then start to dread if u keep them tightly twisted how are they gonna knot?

 

example kaya the tyedyeah wrapped a wrap around her head for years wrapping the roots tight just the ends hanging out the top

her dreads formed as big balls on the ends where they could move but the tightly wrapped roots stayed undreaded year after year

 

that loosening is needed in order for the movement that causes knotting to take place

 

 

Allergic reaction to baking soda

☮soaringeagleॐ said:

the 1st 1-3 months maty seemlike backwards progress  but it all leads to dreads  they loosen  up alot then start to dread if u keep them tightly twisted how are they gonna knot?

 

example kaya the tyedyeah wrapped a wrap around her head for years wrapping the roots tight just the ends hanging out the top

her dreads formed as big balls on the ends where they could move but the tightly wrapped roots stayed undreaded year after year

 

that loosening is needed in order for the movement that causes knotting to take place

 

 

how do u eat>? its in just about everything
Lol in pure form it's sucks for me

☮soaringeagleॐ said:
how do u eat>? its in just about everything

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom