please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar


please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity


herbalists
Jasper commented on Samantha Zimmerly's photo
Thumbnail

Help?

"Awesome! Looks like you are going to have an amazing journey! FYI: Please dont try to TnR them…"
44 minutes ago

herbalists
Jasper loved Samantha Zimmerly's photo
46 minutes ago

herbalists
Jasper replied to Samantha Zimmerly's discussion Day 3 and need advice.
"Hey Samantha, it is completely normal for TnR locks to loosen. you actually want them to loosen. If…"
51 minutes ago
NaturalDreads01 commented on Sophie gaulin's photo
Thumbnail

image

"Oooo.. That'd be sweet! :D "
2 hours ago

bands and musicians
Samantha Zimmerly commented on Samantha Zimmerly's photo
Thumbnail

Help?

"That's awesome! I'm happy now lol. Thank you! (:"
4 hours ago

crafty crafters
Sophie gaulin commented on Sophie gaulin's photo
Thumbnail

image

"Thank you! I want all my hair tips this color :)"
5 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 commented on Sophie gaulin's photo
Thumbnail

image

"I like the green/blue.. Very cute. :D"
6 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved Sophie gaulin's photo
6 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 loved Samantha Zimmerly's photo
6 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 commented on Samantha Zimmerly's photo
Thumbnail

Help?

"Oh yeah.. In their earlier stages they can be loose at the roots. They'll tighten up in time.…"
6 hours ago

bands and musicians
Samantha Zimmerly left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Hello. My name is Sami. Was wondering if its normal for baby dreads to loosen a lot after washing…"
7 hours ago

crafty crafters
Sophie gaulin commented on Sophie gaulin's photo
Thumbnail

image

"Hehe im kind of exited to see them mature"
7 hours ago

bands and musicians
Sprouting Roots loved taye's video
8 hours ago

crafty crafters
Megan Raube left a comment for Megan Raube
"I have invented and patented a method of locking that does not involve damaging or products. I will…"
8 hours ago

bands and musicians
Samantha Zimmerly posted a photo

Help?

This is what my 3 day old dreads look like after washing them. Is it normal for them to be loose at…
8 hours ago

crafty crafters
Megan Raube left a comment for Megan Raube
"How do I edit info as some info has changed"
8 hours ago

bands and musicians
Samantha Zimmerly posted a discussion

Day 3 and need advice.

Ok. I used twist n rip method. I've had them in for 3 days now and broke down and washed them…See More
8 hours ago
Profile IconSamantha Zimmerly, Megan Nassir, Thats Classy and 2 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
8 hours ago
Thats Classy joined Blonde Dready's group
12 hours ago

bands and musicians
Gypsy Vin Rose loved taye's video
12 hours ago
i had started my process through interlocking..did i make a good choice..how do i maintain interlocking dreads

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no bad bad choice but whats done is don e if u can undo em u should but if u cant then just never ever interlock again if youir safrican american you do have a better chance at surviving interlocking but interlocking is notoriosly bad even the ppl who recomend the worse methods there are warn not to interlock

 

but dont fear thats not a death sentence just a strong warning to never interlock again

 

to maintain..wash..seperate..but be extra gentle when you do the interlocking caused weak spots at every interlock point

 

so if i stop what process do i start from here? twisting?

no..twisting also weakens the roots and only should be done 1 or 2 times early on if they fall apart theres no danger of that with the interlock just leave em be wash 1-3 times a week every week and  seperate if they try to grow togeher  ..pull them away from eachother when wet  ripping any connecting hairs

other then that..do nothing..let em dread

 

hair dreads if u let it u never have to force it the more u do the weaker they become  the less you do the healthier they will be

 

so dont put no wax or nothing on them..just leave it alone and wash them

alotta ppl get away with twisting or interlocking awhile  but then alot dont its not a smart thing to do when u think about what its doing it makes no sense at all

twisting has the same issues as too tight braiding abd corn rows  it can cause thinning of the roots breaking and eventualy traction alopecia which causes permenant balding

 

yesa did u usde wax already? if so u want to remove it! wax is evil in dreads


however you know your haitr type requires moisture u dont produce oils so your hairs dry dry dry unless you use something


aloe (onl pure aloe straight from the plant) shae butter jojoba oil  anything like that is all u want africas best oils are greatnicole smith said:

so dont put no wax or nothing on them..just leave it alone and wash them


☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

no bad bad choice but whats done is don e if u can undo em u should but if u cant then just never ever interlock again if youir safrican american you do have a better chance at surviving interlocking but interlocking is notoriosly bad even the ppl who recomend the worse methods there are warn not to interlock

 

but dont fear thats not a death sentence just a strong warning to never interlock again

 

to maintain..wash..seperate..but be extra gentle when you do the interlocking caused weak spots at every interlock point

 

yes a little of wax was used...so from here on out jus let them grow..what do i do when its time to tighten them up what do i do



☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

yesa did u usde wax already? if so u want to remove it! wax is evil in dreads


however you know your haitr type requires moisture u dont produce oils so your hairs dry dry dry unless you use something


aloe (onl pure aloe straight from the plant) shae butter jojoba oil  anything like that is all u want africas best oils are greatnicole smith said:so dont put no wax or n

othing on them..just leave it alone and wash them
so what do i do to keep them tight, fresh and looking good

you want to do wax removal wax prevents dreading   u want to get all that wax out thats nasty  and they never need retightening! they never needed anything to start but they will have some looseness for up to a year just leave em be they tighhten themselves over tuime

the wax though will prevent them from dreading properly so use the wax removal soap get the wax out then they will dread just fine

 



☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

you want to do wax removal wax prevents dreading   u want to get all that wax out thats nasty  and they never need retightening! they never needed anything to start but they will have some looseness for up to a year just leave em be they tighhten themselves over tuime

the wax though will prevent them from dreading properly so use the wax removal soap get the wax out then they will dread just fine

 

how long will it take to dread?

 

it varies alot  some hair dreads fast some slow your hair type dreads super easy and fairly fast but still most dont concider their dreads mature till they are 1 year old some dont untill they are 2  but by a couple to few months they are well locked up just lil lose at roots and maybe tips they shrink as they tighten and thicken usualy to month 8 or 13 in that area  when they begin to grow after that theyre fully locked

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom