please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Sarai Weideman's discussion brittle dreadlocks
"dread perms absolutely fry the hair now  they will be brittle the lumps are loops those are a…"
12 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ is now friends with Str8Loca, Samantha Zimmerly and Augie
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for merdenoms
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Daniel Peng
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Augie
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Augie's discussion dreadlocks shampoo
"if your in the 1st year the liquids best   once mature the bars best"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Holly Cogburn
"welcome start off by reading the dreaducation page"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for DeAris Porter
"welcome twists are a fine way to start but make sure u never retwist or use producys like wax"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for tisha livio
"welcome be sure to read the dreaducation page b4 u start"
1 hour ago
Jah-Jah Warrior loved Dakota Whiteaker's photo
1 hour ago
Amanda Clouse replied to JollyStunts's discussion A bunch of questions about my 3 week old dreads
"No problem! A couple of years ago I was on a journey for almost a year and gained a whole lot of…"
2 hours ago
Augie posted discussions
2 hours ago
Profile Icontisha livio, Holly Cogburn, DeAris Porter and 1 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
3 hours ago
JollyStunts replied to JollyStunts's discussion A bunch of questions about my 3 week old dreads
"Hey Amanda! Thanks for the super fast reply! I like all of your answers, very reassuring :p. I woke…"
3 hours ago
Sarai Weideman posted a discussion

brittle dreadlocks

My dreads even feel a little tinner (some of them)even when i am just separating them i can bring…See More
4 hours ago
Marcus Aurelius replied to Marcus Aurelius's discussion Dread Journal / Crochet Recovery Timelone
"- This is my 6 week post placement update - All I've done since the TnR/Crochet placement (0ct…"
5 hours ago

vip supporters
Holly Cogburn loved Dakota Whiteaker's photo
6 hours ago

vip supporters
Holly Cogburn loved Dakota Whiteaker's photo
6 hours ago

vip supporters
Holly Cogburn loved taye's photo
7 hours ago

vip supporters
Holly Cogburn loved taye's photo
7 hours ago
I understand everyone is different. im just curious how long they will be when i come home for christmas from college im going to college far away and i am really excited to shock my family and hometown friends!!

Views: 6629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have dreads that I interlocked using a tiny crochet hook, they are tight and thin (I have 96 of them) so maybe this is why mine did not shrink much, in the first 7 months they grew about 1-2 inches.

interlocking and crochet are extremely vbad u dont have dreads u have woven hair  when u stop weaving them it will take 6 months to a year b4 they beghin to dread ..and whenu actualy dread they shrink

I'm sorry maybe I didn't explain my method correctly and misunderstood what interlocking is... I don't, and would never use anything close to a regular sized crochet hook in my dreads, then hook i use is .5mm it pulls individual hairs into the dreads, i don't weave the hair or actually 'crochet' stich it and it is most definitely tightly dreaded, they did shrink at first, and then started to grow as my hair grows very fast, although they shrink after every time i do maintenance. Maybe you don't like my method or would not do it on yourself, but I have healthy beautiful dreads which bring me several compliments every day, but maybe I am still wrong according to you and therefore don't have a right to give advice on this site to those looking for it. What a welcoming community.

it is an extremely damaging method rthey are not healthy they are damaged by breaking hairs

i have felt very welcomed to this community. if you look around a little you will realize the entire site is devoted to natural dreads and is very anti-crochet hook and use of products. i will gladly take soaring eagles advice (21 years in the making) over someone whos dreads arent even mature yet. no disrespect intended towards you dear, but being rude to soaring eagle is a really bad idea. its his website.

just trying to help her not screw up hrr dreads with crochet i mean how many have suffered from crochet already?

how many started over?

but some ppl when u try to help em they get angry..i dont get it 99% say oh thank god finaly somebiody told me the truth.. 1% get angry

cant please em all

I'm not angry, I'm just surprised. Of course many have suffered from crochet. I am constantly finding information and videos about crochet use that are AWFUL and SCARY, don't understand why people would do that to their hair, obviously it will fall out. But if done correctly the result, in my opinion, is quite beautiful and healthy. 

I'm also surprised that people need advice in order to 'do nothing.'

oh also when I said mine didn't shrink, I meant after I locked them up, they didn't shrink much, but initially my dreads were half the length of what my hair was before.

i'm two months in and mine have almost shrunk to HALF of what my length used to be. i miss it so much.

Mine were also made with crochet hook, didn't do anything withing 4 1/2 months (since i got them) and they have gone from halfway my back to above my shoulders. They also grow but they seem to shrink faster.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom