please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Lauren Maxwell left a comment for Dread Locks
"Welome, and like SE said please stop using wax. Offer your clients a refund, and direct them to…"
14 minutes ago
Lauren Maxwell loved D!'s profile
1 hour ago

vip supporters
Shannon loved Donna's photo
2 hours ago
Lauren Maxwell left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Thanks I ordered the Tea tree and rosemary soap. It works great! I use it at least 2 times a week.…"
2 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Dread Locks
"and the funniest part ids u got a link called dreadheradhq products with only a picture the picture…"
3 hours ago

dread gurus
"oh dude ii looked at theresults of your "monkey locks mashing and waxing' systyem thats…"
3 hours ago

dread gurus
"in fact all of the info on yoir site is 100% wrong read tye dreaducation page the dread wax truth…"
3 hours ago

dread gurus
"welcomke but arent you yet aware that wax is a scam and thye number 1 killer of dreads  you…"
3 hours ago
Christina Roshto loved Kris Walsh's photo
10 hours ago

herbalists
Dread Locks replied to Amanda's discussion Natural is indeed faster than T&R!
"Dreadlocks are a long procedure. We need patience for better results. I think dreads become mature…"
11 hours ago

herbalists
Dread Locks is now a member of Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
11 hours ago
Lauren Maxwell loved taye's video
11 hours ago
Marisa Melchiorre updated their profile
12 hours ago
Marisa Melchiorre posted a photo

Little baby

3 days in and I've already got this little baby. My hairs has been begging to dread it's whole…
12 hours ago
Allan loved Kris Walsh's photo
13 hours ago
Allan loved grey's photo
13 hours ago

dread gurus
taye left a comment for Lauren Maxwell
"Thank you Lauren. That was so sweet!!"
13 hours ago

dread gurus
taye and Lauren Maxwell are now friends
13 hours ago

dread gurus
taye replied to phattygirl22's discussion hair thining
"Both. Eating hot sauce is good for blood flow. Rubbing a bit of cayenne pepper onto the scalp also…"
13 hours ago
Kris Walsh loved Cliff Loc*head's photo
14 hours ago

My dreads are *almost* 2 years old now and I'm noticing that they are very dry. I had 2  tear off right in the middle today while I was seperating! 

YIKES! So I am freaking just a little. 

Aloe Vera gel? 

Jojoba oil? 

How? Just right now rub some in? Add it to my wash? When its wet? Dry? 

Thanks everyone! 

xoxo

Views: 1031

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow thats not goot aloe is good jojoba is good u can addto a rinse  or wipe on a rinse penetrates more

tghe www.dreadlockshampoo.com bars i would use too they will help

u never crocheted or anythihg or bleached alit?

ok u crocheted and used seasalt did u over use saqlt abnd that combined with tghe destruction of crochet is probly why they broke

i hope u havent doneeither salt ior crochet in a long time

You can use coconut oil. I've only used it in undreaded hair, but it doesn't leave the same oily residue as some low-melt-point oils, and heavier oils. You pretty much follow the instructions for wax. Take about a gram per 8ish inches, rub it into the dread. Palmroll if it makes you feel better lol. It's great stuff. Definitely get the organic, cold-pressed kind though; it's got more nutrients and such in it.

are you bleaching your hair at all? definitely try to get your hands on one of the dreadlock shampoo bars se mentioned. they are oil based and make my hair super soft. i bet they would work well for you.

I havent done anything to them since I took the crochet out. Nothing. I only wash every 5-7 days. I havent even used sea salt since like week 3. :/

I think they were maybe just weak in the middle. Im going to wash today. Maybe too much baking soda? I'll add the jojoba oil to my rinse. They dont FEEL dry so thats why I was so concerned. It was 2 very thin little ones too. 

Literally Ive done nothing. The crochet were out like 2 years ago then I went natural. I use BS/ACV in my wash with peppermint essential oils. No salt at all since I tried to get them going natural. But that was a very very long time ago. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

ok u crocheted and used seasalt did u over use saqlt abnd that combined with tghe destruction of crochet is probly why they broke

i hope u havent doneeither salt ior crochet in a long time

yea i remember now

i would switch to the bars then

i noticed i used to lose 6-8 inches even a foot off theends i always thought was wearand tear rfrom getting caught on things and dragging on the ground but since switching to the bars havent lost any at alol i think my hairs alot healthier and stronger now

the bars are what id recomend

u should update your profiles methods aqnd maintenance question  i check those often as diagnosis tools

Okay :) 

And I did try the bars once. The seemed like they an icky film on my hair? 

Then again, maybe that was because it was early. 

I think today Ill maybe try no BS?

which bars did u try?

the www.dreadlockshasmpoo.com bars?  what do u mean by early  they havent been around long i think you tried mayles which maylees are great if u dont have hard water but they arent as good as these whichj  have a special clay and beer in them that really makes your dreads super healthy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom