please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar


please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity


vip supporters
Karen Guy joined Dreadlocked Werewolf's group
Thumbnail

Dreaded Disney Fans

This group is for those of us who are kids at heart, no matter our age. Disney has made an impact…See More
1 hour ago

herbalists
JT loved Sofie Sun flower's photo
1 hour ago
Natty Dave updated their profile
3 hours ago

herbalists
Maria Del Prado loved ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's group dreadlockssite superheroes
3 hours ago

herbalists
Maria Del Prado said
"I need to update my picture."
3 hours ago

herbalists
Maria Del Prado loved ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's photo
3 hours ago

herbalists
Ibe Reverie posted a discussion

It's good to be back.

I used to frequent here under another alias. That was over a year ago, during my researching phase…See More
6 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Seth Spencer
"you'll get there after a step backwards or 2 good thing they werent too tight :) they will…"
6 hours ago
Seth Spencer left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Thanks for the welcome!! They weren't done too tight and started laying down after the first…"
7 hours ago
April Parker said
"So I haven't conditioned my hair since probably the 1st, but now my head is kindof itchy and have had some bumps on my scalp ...I'm guessing"
7 hours ago
AnitaDR04 loved Gilly's Mum's profile
8 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved christopher lazarus's photo
11 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved Abby's photo
11 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson commented on bells's photo
Thumbnail

In the forest.

"You're beautiful. Great picture"
11 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved bells's photo
11 hours ago

vip supporters
Brandi Wilson loved bells's photo
11 hours ago
Peter loved Dakota Whiteaker's photo
11 hours ago
Peter loved christopher lazarus's photo
11 hours ago
Peter left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Oh good, and thanks very much for your reply.  Some dreads aren't straight anymore…"
12 hours ago
Peter left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"I just read your message to Dani about not palm rolling. I've had my dreads (crochet recovery)…"
13 hours ago

First of all, ive wanted dreads for a very long time, maybe 3 or 2 years just ignoring it, im male white and im just wondering any things i should know going on with maybe starting to dread my hair. I dont need to ask if there dirty, i know they arent. i have done alot of research on the formation so theres no problem there. I wanted to ask you guys if its really a good idea to do this in high school. I know that i will get shit about them but as you probably know its not an easy time in high school. Is it a good idea to dread my hair at this point in my life or no?

Thanks

Tags: a, do, dreadlocks?, good, idea, now?, right, to

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes it is but what research did u do on the formation   u probly =got more bad info then good so tell me how u will "form" them

 

and  we have some who are dreadimg from under 2 years old  probly 1/2 are in hs or just getting out

yea its a good time to

but lets make sure u dread right

 

if u think u should use wax or crochet or products at all or dread kits..then we need to re-educate or dreaducate u

 

well i have heard many ways to do them such as having people split up your hair and backcomb them or get them done in some hair place(ive also heard NOT to use wax is this true?), if you could give me the best way that would be great. thanks for relying! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

yes it is but what research did u do on the formation   u probly =got more bad info then good so tell me how u will "form" them

 

and  we have some who are dreadimg from under 2 years old  probly 1/2 are in hs or just getting out

yea its a good time to

but lets make sure u dread right

 

if u think u should use wax or crochet or products at all or dread kits..then we need to re-educate or dreaducate u

 

well u do not want to get themdone in any salon and definately no wax backcomb..is ok =but certainly not the best

going naturakl is by far the best..losr the comb and thats all you just dont  comb or condition and they dread themselves

but next best way is twist n rip therers info on here about that

it really will dread itself tho so thats ofcourse the best healthiest way

do it!! i regret not dreading in high school when i first started thinking about it. i waited almost 5 years lol. and if people talk shit tell them to shove it, some people just don't understand no matter how hard you try to explain. people talk crap about mine alllllll the tim, can't let it phase you.

listen to SE though!! no crochet or wax!! =]

 

Yeah i want to, ive been aching to do them ever since middle school! i think i can handle the namecalling and all of that. thank you for the support



xxMercy said:

do it!! i regret not dreading in high school when i first started thinking about it. i waited almost 5 years lol. and if people talk shit tell them to shove it, some people just don't understand no matter how hard you try to explain. people talk crap about mine alllllll the tim, can't let it phase you.

listen to SE though!! no crochet or wax!! =]

 


twist n rip and backcombing both look pretty good. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ said:

well u do not want to get themdone in any salon and definately no wax backcomb..is ok =but certainly not the best

going naturakl is by far the best..losr the comb and thats all you just dont  comb or condition and they dread themselves

but next best way is twist n rip therers info on here about that

it really will dread itself tho so thats ofcourse the best healthiest way

you should read the WHOLE dreaduacation page and then decide which method to go with :) it really helped me.

TnR is a good method, and backcomb is alright too, but much more damaging.

High School is a rough time but if you know who you are as aperson and why your doing what your doing, you cannot be phased by the negativity of others, people that make fun of you or put you down are only uneducated and ignorant, and TRULY the best thing to do is laugh right back at em' or walk away happily :)

youll look great with dreads and good luck on your journey!

Do what your instinct tells you :) Highschool is pretty f*cked, and if anyone says anything- hey, you've got a middle finger right? if you know what you want, and you got good reasons (ie. you want them because YOU want them, not cause 'my gf said they're cool' lol) then i'd say go for it!

also, people tend to regret what they didnt do, rather than what they did. you could give it a go and see how it turns out, and if you dont like them, just comb & conditioner them out.

thank you, i have since did them using twist and rip and i am loving them!

Bananarama said:

Do what your instinct tells you :) Highschool is pretty f*cked, and if anyone says anything- hey, you've got a middle finger right? if you know what you want, and you got good reasons (ie. you want them because YOU want them, not cause 'my gf said they're cool' lol) then i'd say go for it!

also, people tend to regret what they didnt do, rather than what they did. you could give it a go and see how it turns out, and if you dont like them, just comb & conditioner them out.

awesome and congrats :)

 

Wooo! hapy for you man :) Enjoy them!

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom