please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Natalie left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Thank you for the welcome and thank you for creating this site. I already feel like it's a…"
1 hour ago
Natalie loved Eric Organiscak's discussion The journey
1 hour ago
Natalie loved Brandon Riggins's discussion A true self expression
1 hour ago
Natalie loved Sarah's discussion Baking Soda = Clean Dreads... and Shower!
2 hours ago
Natalie loved tyler rakowski's discussion dreadlocks and how they change you
3 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Natalie
3 hours ago
Profile IconNatalie, Allison rash, R. Oh Mithrandir and 2 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
5 hours ago

crafty crafters
Megan Atwood commented on Megan Atwood's photo
Thumbnail

Happy dreadies!

"Thanks everyone=]"
6 hours ago

bands and musicians
Eric Organiscak loved Donna's photo
6 hours ago
Profile IconEric Organiscak and Lauryn Dowding joined bill's group
Thumbnail

we love soaring eagle

just a group to say thanks to SE for making this site and spreading the truth about dreads on the…See More
7 hours ago

bands and musicians
Eric Organiscak loved Aika's photo
7 hours ago

vip supporters
Sterling updated their profile
7 hours ago
Panga loved Ixchel's photo
15 hours ago
Panga loved California Emmet's photo
15 hours ago
Panga posted a photo
15 hours ago
NaturalDreads01 commented on NaturalDreads01's photo
Thumbnail

And another

"Hehe, thanks! :D"
17 hours ago
R. Oh Mithrandir loved Kayla's photo
18 hours ago
R. Oh Mithrandir updated their profile
18 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Allison rash
18 hours ago

crafty crafters
Holly Lindsey loved NaturalDreads01's photo
18 hours ago
I'm 3 months into dreading and I know it's normal to have some loops and bumps forming, but I have them in almost every one of my dreads and some of them are pretty wide. Will they eventually tighten up a bit and smooth out? I thought about wrapping some, but I have long hair and 119 dreads and I really don't want to spend time doing this- ripping them apart daily takes more time than I want to spend right now already. While I like having some loops and bumps, I don't want a whole head of just fat loops. The pic that I included, is an example of one of my dreads that is really locking up big time and has some serious loops in it. I hope that once they mature, the loops will tighten up a bit and not be so wide.

Views: 2254

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Loops are a good thing! They're one of the ways that you can tell that you've got a good amount of movement, and that things are progressing!

There's really no telling how many will stick around though... hell, some of my ends are really nothing but a whole bunch of loops compressed together with a micro-dread or a few whispy strands hanging from the end! Mostly though, at least in my dreads, I've seen most of the loops in the body of the dread eventually either compress in one direction or the other, or get sucked back into the dread as progress continues.

Also, if you feel you're spending too much time ripping each day, then maybe you should think about combining a few dozen of your dreads. I have something close to 30 on my head as it is, and I know that they can be a chore when I forget to rip for a few weeks. If you decide to, an easy way to combine dreads is to wrap them together (a little bit lower than the roots. You need that movement at the roots, so just wrap the bodies together) or throw a bead on there ( personally, I found the wrapping easier, as I couldn't find beads big enough to fit over my crazy loopy ends...) and give it some time. As long as you don't rip it, you'll have a little congo in no time!
Yes mine are the same way right now but I've seen some major transitions in the loops. Really most my hair is just zig-zag loops and bumps, but the ones at the nape of my neck are thick massive tight dreads, they started out the loopiest. It's very interesting to see how the loop gets swallowed by the dread, and it gets very tight in that area.
yep me too! every single dread on my head is full of loopy goodness! lol!My hair was to my bum now it's shoulder length! At 5 months some are

already sucking in. It's just the hair that hasn't dreaded yet against the hairs that have. Just takes time to catch up. Most probably will eventually, some may not. Many Blessings
i have the same...
All in the natural life of a dreaddy :)..I'm glad to have found someone that had the same issue as me, my hair was halfway down my back when i started dreading and now after a year it's just over 6 inches long..the loops and bumps are crazy..alot are vanishing overtime. Its around this time you gotta be careful your dreads don't gobble up other ones and become monsters haha.
Here's another pic to keep you company. Mine are about 2 months old now and have started doing truly crazy things. Like this:

That's a full-on loop-d-loop at the tip. It's crazed.
Ah so happy to see this topic! I was getting a little curious about this since my dreads are so loop-tastic :)
Also some of them have gotten so much shorter because of the looping up, my hair is long and just about to the middle of my back but just recently when looking at my hair I noticed 3 or four of them that are only shoulder length (or shorter!) Will these "little person" dreads ever go back to being the length they used to be?
I just started my dreadlocks about one or two months ago and mine also have bumps and loops. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm happy to learn that this is a normal occurence in baby dreadys :)
I sooo looove your loops! I have a couple myself, most of wich are at the top of the dreads... They add character, I find! Anyways, yeah, I guess palm rolling and beads will do the trick. The ultimate best is hair wraps, but they do take a bit of time, specialy if you want to do them on your whole head...
What technoque did u do?
Im abt 6 months in, and am having the same prob with all the loops, mainly at my roots!! those ones i crochet in and make a new piece of dread at my scalp, but my dreads do still have the little loops and bumps, i like it, think it gives me added character!! lol. it was reassuring tho, to read thru all the replies u'v had, to know im nt the only one a bit unsure of the loops!
I have a thinner version of this dread, mainly all like that at the back of my head, love it!!!

☮soaringeagleॐ said:
wow thats 1 fat crazy dread
sweet

autumn vazquez said:
this is my craziest looped out dread!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom