please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Miki Clarke replied to Miki Clarke's discussion my dad is cutting my dreadlocks off :(
"Thank you for your replies everyone, it really means a lot. :) The tattoo is just a little arrow on…"
3 minutes ago
NaturalDreads01 updated their profile
4 minutes ago
Kelly Kissel replied to Lydia Wong's discussion Should I get dreads when I'm in the hospitality industry? DOES IT MATTER?!
""those who mind, don't matter -- those who matter, don't mind""
5 minutes ago
NaturalDreads01 replied to Miki Clarke's discussion my dad is cutting my dreadlocks off :(
"No offense to your dad.. But whether or not you decided to get a tattoo has nothing to do with your…"
24 minutes ago

vip supporters
☮MamaKittyLove replied to Miki Clarke's discussion my dad is cutting my dreadlocks off :(
"You are 18. He cannot do anything against your will or dictate how you live your life. You are an…"
37 minutes ago
Miki Clarke loved Brandi Wilson's photo
37 minutes ago
Kelly Kissel replied to Miki Clarke's discussion my dad is cutting my dreadlocks off :(
"Hi. Beautiful pic, by the way :) I remember when I got my first tat -- a lil something on my right…"
41 minutes ago
Kelly Kissel replied to NaturalDreads01's discussion Hmm.. Residue, or something else?
"maybe try an essential oil spray to make it right?"
54 minutes ago
Kelly Kissel replied to Jamie Bartley's discussion questions
"I too have straight, fine hair and even though I have backcombed in the past I know that all hair…"
1 hour ago
Miki Clarke posted a discussion

my dad is cutting my dreadlocks off :(

Hey there, beautiful people. I'm just looking for advice or somethingI'm 18 and live with my dad,…See More
1 hour ago

vip supporters
☮MamaKittyLove loved mishay's blog post 1 MONTH
2 hours ago

vip supporters
☮MamaKittyLove replied to ☮MamaKittyLove's discussion MamaKitty's Freeform Timeline! (Updated: 1 MONTH! 8/1/14)
"That's what I'm doing this time :) Thank you !! "
2 hours ago

vip supporters
☮MamaKittyLove replied to ☮MamaKittyLove's discussion MamaKitty's Freeform Timeline! (Updated: 1 MONTH! 8/1/14)
"I know a month is nothing lol. This was my month's worth of going freeform last time…"
2 hours ago
Earth Rose replied to Earth Rose's discussion Let It Go [Warning, LOTS of photos] TIMELINE
"Thank you! Honestly I'd say the first 1 1/2 to 2 years was shrinkage and locking up. And it…"
3 hours ago
Jaime Collazo commented on Heather Frey's group Dreadlocked Macrame Artisans
"Nice"
4 hours ago
Jaime Collazo joined Heather Frey's group
Thumbnail

Dreadlocked Macrame Artisans

This is a group where we can share ideas, experiences, and advice on macrame artwork. Be kind.
4 hours ago
Jaime Collazo loved Myschyf's discussion Show off! My crazy hemp jewelry obsession.
5 hours ago
Gousse de la T commented on Landon Voss's photo
Thumbnail

"You look like Seth Meyers! :0 Cool dreads!"
5 hours ago
Jaime Collazo joined ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's group
Thumbnail

crafty crafters

crafty crafters is a place to share crafting ideas, expertise and axperiences.the forums fas a…See More
5 hours ago
Profile IconGousse de la T, Dionna L Davis, Meagan Shugart and 1 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
5 hours ago

Hi,

So i went and got crocheted before doing my research :( Only since finding these pages have i become aware of the mistake i've made. I thought i was doing the right thing by using no chemicals or wax. Anyway, My question now is what can i do to recover, or just do nothing ? Let them be and see what happens ? They are only a week old (see my pics) and have been washed once with Tea Tree shampoo, Is there a better shampoo that will help them lock up ? At the moment they are really soft and fluffy, frizzy with loose ends. Thanks in advance :)

Tags: crochet, crocheted, ends., frizzy, loose, recovery, shampoo

Views: 379

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what teatree shampoo? just cause itsd got teartree dont mean its any goodf for dxreads

your in luck they dont look crochetted to hell  they arent too tight tho the extra fuzziness is from broken hairs from crochet

sinde they arent so extremely tight like crochet dreads can be no need to condition to speed recovery just wash and seperate and thats it

u can use the baking soda dr bronners or dreadlockshampoo.com soaps  or theres alotta other options but  chances are what your usings not that great

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom