please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar


please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity


herbalists
Ibe Reverie loved Landon Voss's discussion 21 months - Male - Natural Dreadlocks
1 hour ago
Profile IconMegan Robinson, Kait Hayes, Deli laf and 1 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
2 hours ago
Claire commented on Claire's photo
Thumbnail

4.5 months

"Thank you, Madison! <3"
2 hours ago

bands and musicians
Martin-Sean Horrigan commented on Donna's photo
Thumbnail

Natural

"Wow! They are some amazing fatties! I'd also be intrigued to know whether you allowed them to…"
3 hours ago
Donna commented on Donna's photo
Thumbnail

Natural

"Hey Madison! Thank you. I let my dreads section and form naturally. I started out with really thick…"
4 hours ago
Panga loved Matson's photo
7 hours ago
space_monster loved Matson's photo
11 hours ago
space_monster loved Pamela Isley's photo
11 hours ago
Panga posted a photo

5 weeks

5 weeks. This Lil guy surprised me today! I haven't separated in a few days to boost the friction…
18 hours ago
Panga loved Kitty Boom's photo
18 hours ago
Kitty Boom posted a photo

nearly there...

6 dreadies left...
19 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ and Lauren Maxwell are now friends
20 hours ago
grey loved Snick's discussion Solace of the Solitary
20 hours ago
Deli laf loved ☮ soaring eagle ॐ's page ripping popping seperating dreads to prevent congos
20 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Lauren Maxwell
"african hair tends to be extra dry thats why most dont wash often if u ordered the bars your fine…"
20 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for kendra barr
21 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Deli laf
21 hours ago
Lauren Maxwell commented on Pamela Isley's photo
Thumbnail

Free FORM

"beautiful dreads"
21 hours ago
Lauren Maxwell loved Pamela Isley's photo
21 hours ago
Lauren Maxwell replied to Gypsy Vin Rose's discussion Grand-Mommy Has Dreads!
"By the way I'm just turned 52"
21 hours ago
I've been reading a lot of peoples posts about washing your dreads with a baking soda mixture? How exactly do you do that like what parts what do you mix together? The other day I rinsed my hair with vinegar because I read it helps coat your hair color and helps it stay in longer, will the baking soda take out the color? And can I mix in like plus and stuff to make it smell good? Thanks =]

Tags: baking, color, smell, soda

Views: 9109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I meant to say oils and stuff to make it smell good
The wash I normally use which was recommended by SE is in a gallon of water add about 1/3 cup of baking soda, 10 drops teatree, 20 rosemary and 20 lavender. leave it in for about 20 mins and rinse, and I love it, and lots of ppl on this site use and love it too! And then you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse for conditioning. I find the wash smells awesome, I love the way it makes my hair smell.
It is really gentle, but I'm not sure if it would fade color, specially bright colors.
Jo, how do you mix your apple cider vinegar rinse, and do you use it everytime you wash?

Jo McClelland said:
The wash I normally use which was recommended by SE is in a gallon of water add about 1/3 cup of baking soda, 10 drops teatree, 20 rosemary and 20 lavender. leave it in for about 20 mins and rinse, and I love it, and lots of ppl on this site use and love it too! And then you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse for conditioning. I find the wash smells awesome, I love the way it makes my hair smell.
It is really gentle, but I'm not sure if it would fade color, specially bright colors.
I've only tried it once, my hair is pretty oily and doesnt really need too much conditioning but I used just a quick splash to a gallon of water. Prolly like a capful or two

Lonnie Berg said:
Jo, how do you mix your apple cider vinegar rinse, and do you use it everytime you wash?

Jo McClelland said:
The wash I normally use which was recommended by SE is in a gallon of water add about 1/3 cup of baking soda, 10 drops teatree, 20 rosemary and 20 lavender. leave it in for about 20 mins and rinse, and I love it, and lots of ppl on this site use and love it too! And then you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse for conditioning. I find the wash smells awesome, I love the way it makes my hair smell.
It is really gentle, but I'm not sure if it would fade color, specially bright colors.
Love Ya Jo, Thanks.

Jo McClelland said:
I've only tried it once, my hair is pretty oily and doesnt really need too much conditioning but I used just a quick splash to a gallon of water. Prolly like a capful or two

Lonnie Berg said:
Jo, how do you mix your apple cider vinegar rinse, and do you use it everytime you wash?

Jo McClelland said:
The wash I normally use which was recommended by SE is in a gallon of water add about 1/3 cup of baking soda, 10 drops teatree, 20 rosemary and 20 lavender. leave it in for about 20 mins and rinse, and I love it, and lots of ppl on this site use and love it too! And then you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse for conditioning. I find the wash smells awesome, I love the way it makes my hair smell.
It is really gentle, but I'm not sure if it would fade color, specially bright colors.
the baking soda wash is a work of genius, even though i'm still forming my dreads..it washes it better than shampoo/conditioner ever did :D..for a stupidly small fraction of the price as well :P
back at cha :o)!

Lonnie Berg said:
Love Ya Jo, Thanks.

Jo McClelland said:
I've only tried it once, my hair is pretty oily and doesnt really need too much conditioning but I used just a quick splash to a gallon of water. Prolly like a capful or two

Lonnie Berg said:
Jo, how do you mix your apple cider vinegar rinse, and do you use it everytime you wash?

Jo McClelland said:
The wash I normally use which was recommended by SE is in a gallon of water add about 1/3 cup of baking soda, 10 drops teatree, 20 rosemary and 20 lavender. leave it in for about 20 mins and rinse, and I love it, and lots of ppl on this site use and love it too! And then you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse for conditioning. I find the wash smells awesome, I love the way it makes my hair smell.
It is really gentle, but I'm not sure if it would fade color, specially bright colors.
and works better on dandruff then anything
peppermint worked awesome for the dandruff I had. I just put some in a spray bottle and spritzed it on my hair and left it on, for as long as it took me to clean up in the shower and then rinsed and it fixed the dandruff in one wash. But I didnt heed your warning about it burning your eyes. Does it ever burn your eyes LoL

soaringeagle said:
and works better on dandruff then anything
Like the idea of doing it your way and just mixing it as I need it . Thanks Hon

Knottysleeves said:
I use about two spoons of baking soda in about 2 cups of water. ACV rinse: two splashes of ACV in 2 cups of water.

I use big old Dr Bronners bottles for these mixes and just keep them in the shower. I usually add a few drops of peppermint oil to the baking soda mix, I love the way it makes my scalp tingle!

In the shower I just squirt Bottle #1 (baking soda) over my scalp, gently work it around with my fingers, rinse it out, then squirt Bottle #2 (ACV) over and leave it in for a few minutes before doing a final plain water rinse.

BTW, the baking soda / peppermint oil mix makes an awesome (and cheap and effective) mouthwash too. :-)
i use a gallon at a time u can use less
and it definately should be mixed right b4 u use it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom