please also join the new dreadlockssite 3.0 mobile pc responsive beta site at ww3.dreadlockssite.com

This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

bands and musicians
Nick D posted a discussion

Dreadlocks and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with dreadlocks and BJJ. Clean mats tend…See More
1 hour ago
Paul L. loved smoke's photo
4 hours ago
Paul L. loved smoke's photo
4 hours ago
CHRISS loved CHRISS's profile
6 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Swanyeh
"welcome but be careful withj those products some contain  petroleum plastic and wax  i…"
6 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Rebecca Masta
"in soft (not siftened) water yes but has to be diluted 12 times more water  in hard water no…"
6 hours ago

crafty crafters
To Live Is To Dye loved Frida Lindgren's photo
9 hours ago

bands and musicians
Jessica Reyes loved To Live Is To Dye's photo
9 hours ago
Allan loved Frida Lindgren's photo
9 hours ago
Profile IconSwanyeh and Fernandreads joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
9 hours ago
Rebecca Masta left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"that makes sense. would dr bronners be good?"
9 hours ago

herbalists
Melony and Sting.Rey are now friends
10 hours ago
Frida Lindgren loved To Live Is To Dye's photo
11 hours ago
Frida Lindgren posted photos
12 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Fernandreads's discussion DREADLOCKS ATTRACTING FLIES! WHAT SHOULD I DO
"they look a mess because u are destroyingthem  everytime u crochet you break hairs then have…"
13 hours ago
Fernandreads updated their profile
13 hours ago
Fernandreads replied to Fernandreads's discussion DREADLOCKS ATTRACTING FLIES! WHAT SHOULD I DO
"I'm from brasil, we do not have this brand of shampoos here.  I use the needle since I…"
13 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Rebecca Masta
"ive had ppl say they havent washed thier hair in 8 years  and complained aboiut the weight…"
13 hours ago

herbalists
Lauryn Dowding and smoke are now friends
13 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Fernandreads's discussion DREADLOCKS ATTRACTING FLIES! WHAT SHOULD I DO
"mold might only smell when  damp rot knot will get rid of the m then use a dread shampoo after…"
13 hours ago

OK I know what most people are going to say to this thread and in the end I will choose what I think is best for me but I thought I would just throw this out there anyway...

I am very glad I came across this site. My first dread journey started 8 years ago and there was A LOT less info on dreading out there then. I was going to start my 2nd dread journey the same as the first and then I saw crocheting videos and thought wow never heard of that before maybe I should try it! Thankfully I found you guys first and will not be doing that. ;)

That being said I see backcombing is discouraged here for a few reasons. But I personally had a really good outcome by it. I would like my dreads to look like they did last time (you can see in my photos in their 4th year they were pretty darn nice). Can I have the same outcome by twist and rip only? WHen I did my first dreads I backcombed then twist and rip, backcomb then twist and rip etc. The twist and rip only method is very appealing to me as it seems like much less work. But it is not worth it to me in the end if I do not get the same results.

Again I know backcombing seems to be discouraged here but I LOVED my dreads and have nothing negative to say about the process besides it taking awhile!

So again I guess I am just wondering if you guys think they would look the same with twist and rip only? I am really torn on what I should do..

Tags: backcombing, dreads, locs, twist and rip

Views: 4393

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:D It is always great when you you know something health related and the doctors look at you like, wow I never thought you would know something like that. xD I have surprised my doctors many times with some of my health knowledge. Or I have even called them out on their lies (or stupidity not sure which it was lol).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom