This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar


please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Profile IconJake redmon, Josh and Irah joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
47 minutes ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ replied to Josh's discussion Perming hair whilst I have dreads
"nice dreads but only seethe 1 pic if u can permjust the front not the dreads maybe its ok but perms…"
1 hour ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Josh
1 hour ago
Sabrina Brown-Renne loved Donna's photo
2 hours ago
Sabrina Brown-Renne loved Donna's photo
2 hours ago
Sabrina Brown-Renne commented on Piawacket neurotic helms's photo
Thumbnail

three years and two months

"How do you deep them so neat??"
3 hours ago
Sabrina Brown-Renne loved Piawacket neurotic helms's photo
3 hours ago
Josh posted a discussion

Perming hair whilst I have dreads

Hi guys I'm new here and just a question about perming my hair whilst I had dreads Ive been growing…See More
4 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Irah
11 hours ago
Susan Diana updated their profile
13 hours ago

crafty crafters
Ixchel posted photos
14 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Susan Diana
"congrats always amazing when u find your 1st dread huh"
15 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ posted a discussion

locticians using traction alopecia as an advertisment

we all know the statistics, 40% of all african americans get traction alopecia, 95% who call…See More
15 hours ago
Susan Diana left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"So sorry I'm responding so after the fact but I just today (tonight actually 11:09 pm…"
15 hours ago

vip supporters
ZoeyRainsMom loved Panga's photo
18 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Gypsy Vin Rose
"sure will been hoping it would be back there the last 5 years"
18 hours ago

bands and musicians
Gypsy Vin Rose left a comment for ☮ soaring eagle ॐ
"Vermont would be beautiful for a summer gathering.  I will cross my fingers.  :  )"
19 hours ago

crafty crafters
Shanara Jasmine loved Shanara Jasmine's profile
19 hours ago
Melissa loved Panga's photo
19 hours ago
Piawacket neurotic helms loved flowerchild's photo
21 hours ago
Hey, I've just joined and thought I better introduce myself! :D I'm George and i've had dreads for 2years and 3 months. I love my dreads to bits and love seeing other dread heads.....so I thought I would join, uh huuuuuuuh!

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey and Welcome :) Lots of lush pics and inspirational dreadheads on here. Reason I joined to and decided to dread up again :) Lou x
Hey, thanks for the welcome!! Your dreads looks awesome by the way :) x

welcome u really got to stop crocheting!

thats sooooo bad fopr dreads and 1 glance can see u crochetted alot

 

Thanks, can't quite call them dreaddies just yet, 10 days into naturals so they are just seperating and knotting :) Happening alot quicker than I imagined though. x

Georgina Fulton said:
Hey, thanks for the welcome!! Your dreads looks awesome by the way :) x
Good stuff mate! I love natural dreads, i'm still not sure why I didn't do it that way ha. I do love mine though, so its all good x

Lou Lou said:
Thanks, can't quite call them dreaddies just yet, 10 days into naturals so they are just seperating and knotting :) Happening alot quicker than I imagined though. x

Georgina Fulton said:
Hey, thanks for the welcome!! Your dreads looks awesome by the way :) x


fancyAmanda said:
Glad you found us :D Welcome and enjoy!
Cheers! :)

u can "naturalize" or as we  like to say surrender to nature now

just toss out the hook  wash and seperate and nothing else

but since u crochetted for over 2 years the recovery will be slow but eventualy they will naturalize and  recover

ip..use jojoba to loosen em almost like your trying to reverse progress  by deep conditioning untill they revert to a teen stage that was skipped  when u see em statrt to get loopy  you'll know theyre starting to dread right and can stop the conditioning and alow them to progress more naturally from there

 

 



☮soaringeagleॐ said:

u can "naturalize" or as we  like to say surrender to nature now

just toss out the hook  wash and seperate and nothing else

but since u crochetted for over 2 years the recovery will be slow but eventualy they will naturalize and  recover

ip..use jojoba to loosen em almost like your trying to reverse progress  by deep conditioning untill they revert to a teen stage that was skipped  when u see em statrt to get loopy  you'll know theyre starting to dread right and can stop the conditioning and alow them to progress more naturally from there

 

Whats jojoba?

Welcome and just to note a lot of the what may seem like a critique at first is only ever helpful advice, check out crochet section, but hey each to their own :)

Whats up Lou Lou, your hair is looking pretty nappy lol. Mine is too! I'm only 4 days in tho but the feeling of letting my hair do what it wants after all these years of brushing is amazing!:)

Thanks, its amazing how quick it knots up. Seperation seems to happen after about 3 days then it gets knottier from there :) Never have been a brusher myself to be honest, the bottom of my hair always use to dread up on a non dready day lol. Good luck on your journey :)

Bill Zebadiaha Bagwell said:

Whats up Lou Lou, your hair is looking pretty nappy lol. Mine is too! I'm only 4 days in tho but the feeling of letting my hair do what it wants after all these years of brushing is amazing!:)

Thank you! Good luck to you too:)


Lou Lou said:

Thanks, its amazing how quick it knots up. Seperation seems to happen after about 3 days then it gets knottier from there :) Never have been a brusher myself to be honest, the bottom of my hair always use to dread up on a non dready day lol. Good luck on your journey :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom