This site looks and works best in firefox.
Use this menu for quick access to dreading guides pages, and forums sections.

All content on this site is copyrighted, see our terms of service for details

Clean healthy natural dreads community

DreadlocksSite.com is the best place to learn how to grow and care for healthy natural dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks free and easy no products no pricetags

Best dreadlocks shampoo

download our toolbar

please consider donating to support dreadlockssite.com your donations help keep the site running.

Latest Activity

Profile IconColburn Brown, True Knows Kung Fu, Joe sleight and 1 more joined Dreadlocks Natural Dreads DreadlocksSite.com
2 hours ago
Lexie Beach loved Donna's photo
5 hours ago
Lexie Beach loved kaiakai's photo
5 hours ago
Lexie Beach commented on Lauryn Dowding's photo
Thumbnail

Photo on 02-12-2014 at 17.28 #4

"I can't stand loops on myself. But you look so cute with them!! "
5 hours ago
Lexie Beach loved Lauryn Dowding's photo
5 hours ago
Lexie Beach loved daizychild's photo
5 hours ago
Lexie Beach loved ☮MamaKittyLove's photo
5 hours ago
Lexie Beach commented on ☮MamaKittyLove's photo
Thumbnail

5 months freeform

"Lovely!! (:"
5 hours ago
Lexie Beach posted a discussion

Stretched Piercings

I mostly have an un-dreadlock related question.Does anyone know of any places to get organic…See More
5 hours ago

vip supporters
Joe sleight replied to Dredwing's discussion Very mature dreads that always thin at the ends.
"I've only just started dreading two months ago. Ive only been using what ever soap I pick up…"
5 hours ago
Rafael Rodriguez posted a photo

Two years

I reached the two years mark a few days ago, I just remember to upload a pic.
7 hours ago
Janeen Nelson loved Katie Rose's photo
8 hours ago
Janeen Nelson loved Katie Rose's photo
8 hours ago
Janeen Nelson loved ☮MamaKittyLove's photo
8 hours ago
Janeen Nelson commented on Heather's photo
Thumbnail

27months

"I can't wait to see how the look this year!"
8 hours ago
Janeen Nelson loved Heather's photo
8 hours ago
Janeen Nelson loved taye's photo
8 hours ago
Janeen Nelson loved Donna's photo
8 hours ago
Janeen Nelson replied to Janeen Nelson's discussion new dread question
"It's kinda sad that I never even thought about wrapping my dreads around each other before I…"
8 hours ago

dread gurus
☮ soaring eagle ॐ left a comment for Imogene Venus
"welcome but dont bother palm rolling it does nothing at all....nothing goodanyway"
9 hours ago

8 month's and no dreads....just wavy hair...any suggestions(photos coming later)

I'm so lost and frustrated.  My hair isn't locking up at all and just looks stringy like  I just got out of the shower.  The locks that I did have were looking good but now are coming apart for some reason.  I am seriously thinking about cutting my hair off it nothing continues to happen.  It's like the longer I wait the less my hair dreads. 

Any suggestions?

Views: 1170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what r u washing with how  also drying

do u tie m up alot

do u messwith em alot

how long is the hair

details will tell us whats interfering'

ids it oily?

looked at pics they are dreadin just slow ,, but beads..beads will help alot

I'm putting up some more pics here in a sec so you can see.

I've been using the "Lockin up liquid shampoo"
I always wear my hair in a tam for work, and then outside of work too, because it keeps my hair out of my face. If I have to keep pushing it out of my face my fingers will end up running through my hair.

I hardly ever mess with them. I separated one congo and that's it. I just look at the rest of my hair and get pissed because I keep waiting and waiting and nothing is happening.

It does get oily unless I wash every couple of days. I can't wash only one time a week, that just confuses me how that works.

I'll probably redo the hair that isn't dreading to see if that will work, otherwise I'm pretty much out of options.

lerave it loose more just dont push it out of your face being in a tam 24/7 wont let it move

washing 1 dsay less often makes it less oily

if its oily aqt 2 days wash every 3 then when its oily at 3 wash every 4

having a tam on all the times not helping

also with oily hair hot wash..cold rinse that will seal the pores so they dont pun\mp out oil

I forgot to tell how I dry my hair. I usually pat the excess with a towel and then lay a towel on my pillow to soak up the rest while I sleep.
Patience my friend they'll eventually come in mine looked like really bad bed head for about a year & half then slowly very slowly they started locing up & i Love em, enjoy the journey friend :)

i would leave the tam off alot ..as much as u can

SE when you say don't push it out of my face there's one problem. It's always in my face. When I had it braided it wasn't a problem, but my hair isn't in sections anymore it's closer to straight than it was a few month's ago. I tried to wash only once a week but that was a disaster. My hair felt like it was soaked in grease. I can't see myself ever doing that again. I just don't see how hair can be clean after a week of not washing. When washing I'm still confused on how to wash just my scalp. I rub the shampoo in my hands and use my fingertips to rub my scalp but no matter what my fingers run through some of my hair. I can't see any way around that.

Thanks for the advice I will keep going. And thanks Timmy too for encouragement.

I am leaning toward doing another TnR session on the parts of my hair that hasn't dreaded yet and putting rubberbands on the ends. A few of my dreads came by way of just putting a rubber band around a section of hair and waiting.
I finally posted some photos and I do have a couple of babies in the back at the base of my skull but I couldn't get a good shot of them.

dont use rubber bands use beads and if its in your face leave it in your face its that simple

and u dont go straight from washing every 2 days to every week u steop it back 1 day  u dont gotta go to a week either  4 days is fine but if u wash every 2 with greasy g\hair it will always be greasy it will get lres greasy if u slowly steop it back to wash less wash every 3..untill u arent greay at all the day u wash then wash every 4

if you can go 4 without greasiness your fine

Keith Lackey said:

SE when you say don't push it out of my face there's one problem. It's always in my face. When I had it braided it wasn't a problem, but my hair isn't in sections anymore it's closer to straight than it was a few month's ago. I tried to wash only once a week but that was a disaster. My hair felt like it was soaked in grease. I can't see myself ever doing that again. I just don't see how hair can be clean after a week of not washing. When washing I'm still confused on how to wash just my scalp. I rub the shampoo in my hands and use my fingertips to rub my scalp but no matter what my fingers run through some of my hair. I can't see any way around that.

Thanks for the advice I will keep going. And thanks Timmy too for encouragement.

I am leaning toward doing another TnR session on the parts of my hair that hasn't dreaded yet and putting rubberbands on the ends. A few of my dreads came by way of just putting a rubber band around a section of hair and waiting.
what would be wrong with the rubber bands? I want to use beads but I don't even know where to start as far as size goes. Does getting just get one size for each section I do sound right? Also, I could get a whole pack of rubber bands for the price of a couple of beads. With the hair in my face I'm still lost on how other people manage to keep their hair out of their faces.

why do u have to just leave it where it is but everythungs wrong with rubber bands!

1 they cause weak spots and dents

2 they undo progress after only days because kniots form around em and taking them out takes out the knots

3 they can be completely swalowed abnd rot inside the dreads

they canmelt into a sticky gross mess inside the dreads

they can cause dreads to vbreak

they can break leavung peices inside the dradsto rot

get beads and try diferent sections till yu find 1q it decides to live in

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ☮ soaring eagle ॐ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Image Zoom