Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Order and Chaos

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
12 years ago
75 posts

I have to say that I am glad to have found this site. My dreads were started with backcombing and I was ignorantly washing my hair with residue shampoo + conditioner.Shortly afterwards a friend of mine who is a member of this site lead me here. Thanks to him and everyone else I've decided to go natural from here on out. As the roots of my dreads grow my scalp has vanished underneath the loops and loose hairs. Mytips have unraveled and my dreads are beginning to look more natural. These are all parts of my journeythat I have come to love. For me this marks the beginning of my journey into dreadiness, not the day my hair was backcombed. I am looking forward for the beautiful chaos that is to become of my head in the near future.

updated by @james-colby-justice: 01/13/15 09:41:58PM
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
12 years ago
75 posts

Here are before and after photos.

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

Glad you're on the right dready path now!

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
12 years ago
75 posts

Thank you much!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its funy how many ppl say something like that 1st line haha

but yea conditionings not gonna help dreaes dread at all

glad your on the right path

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Your friend was great to lead you here.

The conditioner definitely didn't help. There are some things you can do to get the residue out. Get yourself an anti-residue shampoo. You won't need much, so try and find a travel size bottle in the travel section of a grocery store or something. Anti residue shampoo should only be used 2-3 times a year, so that little bottle will be more than enough. Wash with it once or twice, really well, and you're good to go.

What do you plan to wash with from now on?

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
12 years ago
75 posts

I've been using the baking soda ACV wash ever since I was introduced to it. As soon as I found out how easy and efficient it was to use I've been dedicated to that as my only means of maintaning clean, happy, healthy dreads. I only used the shampoo+conditioner about three or four times before I was introduced to BS/ACV. Also, will having hemp wraps in my hair promote mold growth?

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
12 years ago
75 posts

Good to know, thank you all!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I just took out wraps that had been on since late September-October. The top of one had some flaky dead skin (I nearly melted down lol) but nothing with the other ones. I washed this morning and the stuff is gone now. No funky smells, no funky anything. BUT I only was a couple times a week and really really try not to go to he'd with them even mildly damp. I work graveyards and I realized this morning that there is only one day of the week that I have truly free for drying. Every other day of the week I either miss sleep after working the night before or miss washing because I have to work that night.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form