Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks crochet recovery timeline

Bene
@bene
13 years ago
35 posts

i would also recomend not to touch it because if you touch them they will get greasy and wont dread, besides if youre 2 months in with backkombing i think its fairly normal that you have alot of loose hair.

as SE said they wil get less as the dreads mature but wont dissapear you will always have some loose hair around somwhere.

but in my experience it helps to sleep with a towel on youre pillow, my impression is that it helps the undreaded parts to slowly dread into other dreads as you move youre head while sleeping, dont know if it actually works or its just placebo. i do it anyways aparently its also good for the skin. but i am not sure if it damages the dreads in any way but i dont think so.

you should probably give it a try and if doesnt work well you still get smooth skin

....the ladies love smooth skin ;-)

updated by @bene: 07/22/15 08:15:32AM
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

Dont Worry I have the problem with the bottom hairs on my neck too. i had7 tiny dreads that were bugging the hell out of me they just looked like crap so i took7 dreads and made them 3 congos. one dread has three heads and the other two dreads have two heads. i like it so much better. i just stuck beads on the bases of them. they are not coming off either. because there decently thick. they have kinda turned into the dreads where i felt " holy shit i'm about to cut them off to damn i cant wait untill the grow out " hahaha so yea maybe look into it. lol i have 66 dreads now.

I need some help here. I havent used wax or anything like that. I was under the impression that backcombing was good until recently. My dreads are 4-6 inches, and they change length quite a bit lately for some reason. I've had them 2 and half months. Since I've quit the backcombing upkeep some of them have come undone and I have loose hair, lots and lots of loose hair. Is there anything I can do to get that loose hair to recombine with the dreads that they were in? I have had trouble with the hair around the lower back of the neck, it just doesn't want to dread. I just need a game plan for them so I quit tugging them in all sorts of directions, natural, backcombing, tnr.

Amy Tabb
@amy-tabb
13 years ago
2 posts

So its funny you posted this because I just got my dreads started with the crochet method and now I am hearing terrible stories. What do you mean you do nothing? Litterally?

Egubman
@egubman
13 years ago
46 posts

good job man! your dreads recovered really well..i got a question for you btw. i started dreadlocks about 3 months back with bakcombing and crochet method. 1st two months i crocheted it often, then i found this site and havent crocheted since then. now the dreads look kinda frizzy but its still quite tight. i want to know if the dreads need to completely loosen up before it start to dread up properly? or will it carry on from here? (with the knots created by the crochet hook)... and what other tips can u give me? please, your advice would be very very helpful!

heres a pic of how it looks now

updated by @egubman: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wow thety are super frizzy well they need to loosen enough to not be stiff and to knot and loop

when they get all loopy thats when they asre loose4 enough to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kaila Gareau Kangas
@kaila-gareau-kangas
13 years ago
8 posts

Thank you Bene for giving me hope your story is inspiring and reassuring.:)

There should be a forum category just for crochet recovery stories and tips. There are many posts with this subject it is very difficult to find them though.

Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts

i really liked reading this and knowing that you're letting them do their thing from now on..and i always love seeing pictures of awesome dreads and watching them progress with time, so feel free to post as much as you want! =]

and as someone else has said, don't worry about apologizing for your english, you're far more coherent than a good majority that are born and raised speaking english..=]

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a crochet recovery group

but maybe there should be a few more forum sections

crochet recovery

wax/dread kit recovery

salon dreads recovery

hmm

yea i'll add em

Kaila Gareau Kangas said:

Thank you Bene for giving me hope your story is inspiring and reassuring.:)

There should be a forum category just for crochet recovery stories and tips. There are many posts with this subject it is very difficult to find them though.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

so you did practically nothing and they got tighter and neater doesn't really make sense to me but then again i've only had dreads for three days

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Love your story :) Its fun to see you grow up in your timeline as well!

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form